7/5 Sox v. Royals

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 12:57 AM)
Fangraphs. And that would be my worst nightmare and might force me to abandon this team. Bourn is a younger Juan Pierre that can play an above average CF.

That type of trade wouldn't happen until this offseason.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 07:57 PM)
Fangraphs. And that would be my worst nightmare and might force me to abandon this team. Bourn is a younger Juan Pierre that can play an above average CF.

f***, I was just projecting. Let's not have the super slappy attack.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 07:58 PM)
f***, I was just projecting. Let's not have the super slappy attack.

If the White Sox want to make a run they could find use for Bourn. It would allow them to move the struggling Alex Rios to a corner, thereby removing Juan Pierre from the lineup. The Nationals could be interested, but they probably want someone under team control a bit longer than Bourn, since they’re looking for a long-term answer. But perhaps the most intriguing option is the Braves. They’ve used Jordan Schafer and Nate McLouth to little positive effect. In Bourn they’d get both the center fielder and the leadoff man they’ve sought for years. It almost makes too much sense.

I said about a month ago that I could totally see Ozzie being fixated on a guy like Bourn after JP is hopefully shown the door. Be afraid. Be very afraid.