7/30- Red Sox vs White Sox

flavum

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 05:27 PM)
What's wrong with DeAza?

He hits left handed. Left handed pitcher on the mound. Left handed batters are not allowed to face left handed pitchers. Rules are rules. What do you expect, a manager to use his own judgment?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 04:36 PM)
He hits left handed. Left handed pitcher on the mound. Left handed batters are not allowed to face left handed pitchers. Rules are rules. What do you expect, a manager to use his own judgment?

His .304 average vs lefties in AAA...not good enough. Have a seat, De Aza.

Well, I remember when he came up with the Sox after the Baines deal, I was convinced that Sosa was the next Clemente....I even wrote to him in Spanish and asked him to change his number from 25 to 21, haha.

Probably we'll never see that combination of speed, arm strength, grace, agility, wrist strength, batting style and off-field humanitarianism. Vladimir Guerrero was the closest (that I've seen personally), but nowhere need the speed or joy/reckless abandon that Clemente displayed with the Pirates.

Edited by caulfield12

Interesting. Never heard that one, but facially...before the steroids, definitely a resemblance.

Too bad his three sons that played baseball seriously never came close to making it to the majors. At least the Sports City and youth camps vision took off to an extent....maybe not quite as amazing as Clemente envisioned it in the early 70's, but the plane crash kept him from realizing his ultimate vision.

Tiger Woods always talked about being Mother Teresa/Gandhi (well, it was more his dad pushing that on him) but it was Clemente who was the closest any athlete has ever come to being a saint off the field of play.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)
How's the weather in Chitown today? Last time the game was on WGN (and the first time since I've had DirecTV), the game was postponed...

87 degrees + sunny - 10% chance of rain tonight.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 05:31 PM)
Tigers have 1st and 3rd and nobody out.

Somehow they run into a DP with the runner out at home and second. Sox would even find that hard to do.

Angels tack on another run. WHOOO.. 1 back in the loss column looking good.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 05:31 PM)
Tigers have 1st and 3rd and nobody out.

Somehow they run into a DP with the runner out at home and second. Sox would even find that hard to do.

That was something I only thought the Sox could do.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 05:38 PM)
Philip Coke out there throwing meatballs for Detroit, 5-1 Angels. If we cannot beat this pathetic Detroit team with that awful pen we should be ashamed of ourselves.

We cant beat the Twins and their staff gave up like over 30 runs in two games against the Rangers.

Game over in DET, 5-1 LAA.

Jesus, they use Walden in every game it seems.

2 1/2 GB, 1/2 behind CLE....Minnesota I think the closest they've been to 1st place seemingly all season long

Let's make it 2-15 and 8 in a row.

Do we get our own "Nation" if we sweep both Sox series this season?

Edited by caulfield12