WHAT THE HELL? WHITE SOX WINNER? RIOS WALK OFF SLAM?

Quin

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 11:11 AM)
I think that is probably correct. It is called 3 for 81 against lefties, etc, etc , There is something really wrong here with his approach and everything when it comes to hitting. We have heard it all from observers including "he just looks lost up there." Question is can he recover for next season. Can you imagine another collosal flop year from Adam Dunn?

I'm thinking, perhaps maybe only hoping, that if Dunn is hitting .190 or lower next September 1st, he'll announce a retirement.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I get it now. Since the players failed earlier in the game, he decided to stop managing and kept in a guy with literally the worst chance of coming through.

Should that not be green?

Since it seems, others failing at the exact same situation is "ok" but since its Dunn, Ozzie is a bad manager. That's your argument?

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 12:19 PM)
Should that not be green?

Since it seems, others failing at the exact same situation is "ok" but since its Dunn, Ozzie is a bad manager. That's your argument?

So you're honestly telling me, as you're watching with the game on the line, you're thinking "I'm glad Adam Dunn is up right now with the bases loaded against a lefty. I realize that he is hitting .037 against lefties but Ozzie is absolutely correct by keeping him in there. In fact, this is a very good managerial decision."?

So you're honestly telling me, as you're watching with the game on the line, you're thinking "I'm glad Adam Dunn is up right now with the bases loaded against a lefty. I realize that he is hitting .037 against lefties but Ozzie is absolutely correct by keeping him in there. In fact, this is a very good managerial decision."?

I realize, that situation and stated... What does it matter, the season was over about a month ago.. So who cares. I also realize it..

in the 1st, the 6th and the 8th..

Just badly built ball club.. But, I'm sure that's Ozzie's fault.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
I realize, that situation and stated... What does it matter, the season was over about a month ago.. So who cares. I also realize it..

in the 1st, the 6th and the 8th..

Just badly built ball club.. But, I'm sure that's Ozzie's fault.

Ah, so when we've failed previously, don't bother trying to win.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)

How Ozzie is still talking about "It ain't over till it's over/mathematically eliminated" then obviously he disagrees with you.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 07:38 PM)
What this "We've", Do you play, or work for the White SOX?

So winning is your only criteria? Should you not be happy, and Ozzie is great, because we won that game?

Good posts, Victory. Soxtalk is one place people b**** even when we win. Ozzie haters want him gone ... period.

I want Dunn n Rios n Peavy gone.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 02:38 PM)
What this "We've", Do you play, or work for the White SOX?

So winning is your only criteria? Should you not be happy, and Ozzie is great, because we won that game?

I'm not even gonna bother. I'm gonna take a page out of Milkman's book on how he deals with greg (though I like greg)

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 07:40 PM)
I'm not even gonna bother. I'm gonna take a page out of Milkman's book on how he deals with greg (though I like greg)

You prolly hate me now after my last post.

No offense by it, though.

I just tire of the Ozzie hatred.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 02:40 PM)
Good posts, Victory. Soxtalk is one place people b**** even when we win. Ozzie haters want him gone ... period.

I want Dunn n Rios n Peavy gone.

It's not just the "Ozzie haters" that want him gone. It's those of us who realize that Ozzie has not done a good job managing this team this year. His job was made harder with the performances of Rios, Dunn, and others, but Ozzie could have made many different choices to compensate for that. His not PHing for Dunn (then subsequently PHing for De Aza) was just the latest in a series of bad managerial moves.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 02:48 PM)
It's not just the "Ozzie haters" that want him gone. It's those of us who realize that Ozzie has not done a good job managing this team this year. His job was made harder with the performances of Rios, Dunn, and others, but Ozzie could have made many different choices to compensate for that. His not PHing for Dunn (then subsequently PHing for De Aza) was just the latest in a series of bad managerial moves.

But Ozzie is all knowing...

Yeah, I felt kind of dirty lumping Jake in there.

I do like his quotes in the paper and his attitude.

If Jake was Lazy, or healthy and having a Dunn/Rios season as a pitcher.. than it would be justified. The injury he had last year, IMO I am amazed he is back and pitching at all, and close to 100%.

I will say Ozzie isn't at all perfect, but I like you dislike the idea that all the problems of this year squad is on him solely.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 11:12 PM)
Dunn didn't get the big pay day for hitting .037 against lefties.. did he? He got it for driving in Runs. Dunn is not in the situation if Rios, or Alexi gets hits earlier in the game. That wasn't the only time they had bases loaded and less than 2 outs.

Ozzie doesn't need to show up Kenny.. Kenny's record is case enough for that.

One of his smartest moves, was to start Dunn, who had success against Carmona, who is also struggling.

I can't wait until Ozzie is gone to rub it in your face.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 01:17 PM)
I'm thinking, perhaps maybe only hoping, that if Dunn is hitting .190 or lower next September 1st, he'll announce a retirement.

Hmmm ...

45 mil plus personal pride :whichway no money and admitting failure.

.. tough choice.

the only thing I have against you is the condescending way you treat people who you feel have different opinions, and how you love to throw in subtle insults at their intellect. That hasnt changed and that is all.

And for the record, I want Ozzie gone too. I dont have a problem with those posts. I have a problem with your posts that insinuate everyone is so stupid for not coming to that conclusion when you did

Dont see any misquoting or exaggeration there, one could look at the four posts that pop up when your profile is read and come to that determination.

Tell me I'm wrong. I'm not calling people, "stupid." Point out where I called anyone stupid, please. As always, you are twisting my words around to sound more severe than they actually are when I'm trying to be more subtle than that.

And yeah, you suspended me once for something you misquoted me entirely on. What you claimed I said was not remotely close to what I had actually said and when I called you out for that you suspended me. I still have the PMs saved, too. That's why I generally ignore you. I have a big problem with people that have to put words in other people's mouths, especially while doing it from a position of authority and then acting on that authority unjustifiably.