2011 ALDS Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees Thread

Brian

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 09:58 PM)
Martin just took a 100 MPH fastball to the ribs. I laughed.

I wonder if that gun was really accurate. I can't imagine a human walking down to 1st after getting beamed in the ribs.

Plus there were guys fowling off some of those pitches. Or maybe the Sox hitters have the slowest bat speed in the majors.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 04:49 PM)
I'm with you, I think I'd like to see a Yankees/Brewers world series at this point. It's always fun when the small market team beats the Yankees in the series.

That's exactly what I want to see.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 05:42 PM)
Never in a million years will I understand why the Yanks and Red Sox didn't go all out to get Danks.

Maybe they did, but Kenny was in a thick haze of the "Illusion of Contention" smoke.... it was a harsh toke that day....

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 02:03 AM)
Was Ramon Santiago really sac bunting in the 1st against AJ f***ing Burnett?

Probably. It's my opinion that many if not all managers make what we would deem bonehead decisions. It's just that we tend to watch OUR team and don't notice said decisions from other managers most of the time.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 07:42 PM)
Never in a million years will I understand why the Yanks and Red Sox didn't go all out to get Danks.

Maybe they don't believe he could handle the pressure. Maybe his "greatness" ends outside of Chicago.

Last night was the best chance to end the series for Detroit and they got blown out, I don't like their chances in gm 5, but hey, that's why you play the games, anything can happen in baseball, that's why it's the most awesome sport, especially this time of year.

Hoping for the upset, GO TIGERS!

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 10:06 AM)
always nice to watch the Tigers lose. Now, if the Lions can just follow suit...

Game 5 pitchup is same as Game 1 (well after rainout). This favors the Yankees and they are playing at home. But you never know in one game. If Granderson doesn't catch that ball in the first inning with the bases loaded, yesterday could have had a different result.

All hands on board tomorrow for both teams. CC and/or Verlander could pitch a little. Freddy Garcia is available. And Mariano Rivera hasn't pitched since the first game (only 1/3 of an inning). I think that Mariano could be possibly used for more than an inning in this situation. Dude is almost 42 years old if we have his correct birthdate. lol!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 06:42 PM)
Prediction: Yankees win 7-4.

Whoever that was pitching in the Fister uniform for DET the last two months hadn't faced the Yankees during his hot streak. He gets rocked again.

ya i figured yankees win big tonight. will be interesting.

rofl wow back to back homers. delmon young been a pretty good pickup.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz