Adam Dunn is not done

soxfan-kwman

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 11, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)
Interesting thought, Id still give Dayan a couple more weeks/a month to get it goin. Itd be a shame if he can't get it goin and they have to give up on him.

If they're still contending though(I still believe they can still contend with a struggling Dayan) thats certainly one way to rev up the offense. Who do they DH though? Dan Johnson? Tyler Flowers and call up Phegley?

I think they were referring to the games at Wrigley next weekend, where there is no DH.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2012 -> 02:02 PM)
Yeah this. Last year nobody cared because Dunn sucked. Now it is a big loss in the middle of the line up.

Might as well give him a few token innings or something out there now so it isn't a complete shock to the system.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 11, 2012 -> 12:44 PM)
Why risk injury by giving him more innings than needed? Unnecessary innings do not help.

Ugh this notion has always bothered me. 2-3 innings in the field is not going to put someone at a much greater risk of injury.

Edited by TitoMB

Adam Dunn on doorstep of history

On September 23rd 2011, against the Royals. Adam Dunn batted 3 times and didn't strike out. That was the last game that Adam Dunn didn't record a strike out. Dunn is sitting on 36 consecutive games with a strikeout. The record is 37 consecutive games with a recorded strike-out held by Bill Stoneman, a pitcher.

This season Adam Dunn had already broke the record for consecutive strikeouts since the start of the season. Which was 15. Dunn this year has already recorded a strikeout in each of this year's games. He is currently on game 32. 32 consecutive games since opening day with a strikeout. A MLB record....and still counting.

But with Adam Dunn's production this season....sign me up. Adam Dunn currently has the highest OBS+Slugging that he has ever had in his career. And when he does strikeout he at least sees a mess of pitches. The man is a hard out.

Oh, by the way....I'm new here. So, HI.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 11, 2012 -> 02:44 PM)
Why risk injury by giving him more innings than needed? Unnecessary innings do not help.

I don't think running around the outfield presents a significant injury risk.

The injury risk is so miniscule that I think there is more to gain by allowing him to sharpen his game there during blowouts, etc.

I'd definitely play Dunn over Viciedo in left during the Cub series in Wrigley.

Can you imagine the bombs he is going to hit if the wind is blowing out? Did he hit any monumental shots in Wrigley as a Red??

Surely this year's skinnier version of Dunn can handle LF. Dayan isn't doing squat yet. DUNN FOR LF IN THAT SERIES!

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 12, 2012 -> 07:58 PM)
I'd definitely play Dunn over Viciedo in left during the Cub series in Wrigley.

Can you imagine the bombs he is going to hit if the wind is blowing out? Did he hit any monumental shots in Wrigley as a Red??

Surely this year's skinnier version of Dunn can handle LF. Dayan isn't doing squat yet. DUNN FOR LF IN THAT SERIES!

Well, i guess you thought Juan Pierre was OK out there last year...so this does make sense...

Seriously, alternate him and Konerko with offdays.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2012 -> 01:00 AM)
Well, i guess you thought Juan Pierre was OK out there last year...so this does make sense...

Seriously, alternate him and Konerko with offdays.

The way Dunn is hitting, though, it would be awesome to see him get three games worth of at bats that series. Certainly he'd hit at least one monster bomb.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2012 -> 06:56 PM)
How did no one point this out here?

Adam Dunn, 2011: 11 HR.

Adam Dunn, 2012: 11 HR.

He's gonna hit at least 45 this year, just to prove last year was a fluke. It may make his BA drop under .230, but the homers will be there.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 12, 2012 -> 11:45 PM)
He's gonna hit at least 45 this year, just to prove last year was a fluke. It may make his BA drop under .230, but the homers will be there.

He'd have a good shot at leading the league if not for Josh Hamilton going extraterrestrial on the sport.