Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 05:59 PM)
Aren't Brian Robiskie & Dane Sanzenbacher the same person?

except for one being 36th overall in the draft and the other being undrafted, sure. He is a big body and was supposed to be very NFL ready coming into the NFL, and he really never had anyone throwing to him. Maybe there is more to him

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 06:03 PM)
except for one being 36th overall in the draft and the other being undrafted, sure. He is a big body and was supposed to be very NFL ready coming into the NFL, and he really never had anyone throwing to him. Maybe there is more to him

And for some reason I thought Robiskie was another white OSU receiver. Oops.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 06:23 PM)
And for some reason I thought Robiskie was another white OSU receiver. Oops.

WR's out of OSU are pretty good as of late unless you think Jenkins, Holmes and Gonzalez are total crap. Sanzenbacher was an undrafted free agent and is actually producing. Robiskie was a fairly good WR in college though his work ethic wasnt quite what it could be. He obviously has a very good pedigree though and could still have a career.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 05:44 PM)
He is hurt to me after the season I look for him to admit he was hurt most of the year.

He won't admit it to the press. He's one tough s.o.b. But I do expect the Chargers team to release a statement down the line.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)
WR's out of OSU are pretty good as of late unless you think Jenkins, Holmes and Gonzalez are total crap. Sanzenbacher was an undrafted free agent and is actually producing. Robiskie was a fairly good WR in college though his work ethic wasnt quite what it could be. He obviously has a very good pedigree though and could still have a career.

I do think Jenkins and Gonzalez are total crap, and I really liked Gonzalez. You also failed to Ted Ginn, who has been a monstrosity of a bust thus far.

I think by "pretty good" you mean "talented with some sort of major flaw in their game."

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
I do think Jenkins and Gonzalez are total crap, and I really liked Gonzalez. You also failed to Ted Ginn, who has been a monstrosity of a bust thus far.

I think by "pretty good" you mean "talented with some sort of major flaw in their game."

To be fair, Gonzalez's flaw has been "Constantly injured".

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 02:20 PM)

I dont consider Ginn a WR. He's a KR/PR that was drafted WAYYYYYY too high.

Jenkins has been a pretty solid 2-3 WR in the NFL for years and Gonzalez was good until he broke in half. The post that was funny was "is this another white OSU receiver" when really Dane is the only one.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)
I dont consider Ginn a WR. He's a KR/PR that was drafted WAYYYYYY too high.

Jenkins has been a pretty solid 2-3 WR in the NFL for years and Gonzalez was good until he broke in half. The post that was funny was "is this another white OSU receiver" when really Dane is the only one.

Jekins would be a below avg 2 wr, but yeah he is ok besides him though osu wr's are crap. Kind of weird a school with constant top recruits has less starter quality wr's tan a bottom feeder like the illini.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 02:51 PM)
Jekins would be a below avg 2 wr, but yeah he is ok besides him though osu wr's are crap. Kind of weird a school with constant top recruits has less starter quality wr's tan a bottom feeder like the illini.

They dont recruit that position all that well until recently. (And I hope besides him excluded Santonio). ILL has Benn and Brandon Lloyd in the NFL. They really put alot of defensive guys in the NFL and some lineman but thats about it. Total count is 47 active players, tops in the Big Ten. However you'll see a school like Iowa that doesnt recruit all that well comes up pretty close with a bunch of NFL'ers.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2011/0...ve-rosters.html

http://espn.go.com/nfl/college/_/letter/o

Looking back on that ESPN list I dont know who you would call WR U from the conference. Maybe MSU?

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)
They dont recruit that position all that well until recently. (And I hope besides him excluded Santonio). ILL has Benn and Brandon Lloyd in the NFL. They really put alot of defensive guys in the NFL and some lineman but thats about it. Total count is 47 active players, tops in the Big Ten. However you'll see a school like Iowa that doesnt recruit all that well comes up pretty close with a bunch of NFL'ers.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2011/0...ve-rosters.html

http://espn.go.com/nfl/college/_/letter/o

Looking back on that ESPN list I dont know who you would call WR U from the conference. Maybe MSU?

Kinda surprised Illinois has around 20. Pretty good for the 2nd or 3rd worst team in the league the last decade.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 03:22 PM)
Kinda surprised Illinois has around 20. Pretty good for the 2nd or 3rd worst team in the league the last decade.

They've had talent in that time frame, just not a ton of results. The team that went to the Rose bowl a few years ago has a few on that list.

Spencer will be at RG and Louis at RT against the Eagles... I guess the Bears either are going to keep Carimi on the shelf for now or ease him back in slowly.

Having TOO MANY linemen is a nice problem to have for once.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)
Spencer will be at RG and Louis at RT against the Eagles... I guess the Bears either are going to keep Carimi on the shelf for now or ease him back in slowly.

Arkush predicted that last week, he said even with the bye it wasnt enough time for him to come back and be thrown into a game. But he also said that he expects Carimi to get some playing time

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)

Too many =/= quality

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 09:46 PM)
Too many =/= quality

Spencer, Louis, and Carimi are all decent linemen and have played pretty well so far this year. We're not talking about Frank Omiyale, Fred Miller, and Josh Beekman here. Louis in particular, all of a sudden a bunch of bleeding stopped when he stepped in for Omiyale who was sucking terribly.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
Spencer, Louis, and Carimi are all decent linemen and have played pretty well so far this year. We're not talking about Frank Omiyale, Fred Miller, and Josh Beekman here. Louis in particular, all of a sudden a bunch of bleeding stopped when he stepped in for Omiyale who was sucking terribly.

Spencer was good too. Even with a broken hand

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)
Arkush predicted that last week, he said even with the bye it wasnt enough time for him to come back and be thrown into a game. But he also said that he expects Carimi to get some playing time

I'm fine with them continuing on with what is working. I'd like Gabe to get out there, but I really don't want to see everyone get moved around again, and it screw up the line again.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 08:58 PM)
Bears +8 right now. I might have to actually bet them.

The Eagles spread has always seemed high this season. I think people believe in the "Dream Team" hype and always bet them, so they have to move the spread in their favor. They were like 3 or 4 point favorites at Buffalo, when it was obvious which team was playing better. Of course the Bills won.