2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ May 15, 2013 -> 09:45 PM)
This will be a great series next year. Add Rose, Deng, Hinrich and this thing is a lot more fun.

Except the bench needs replaced...again.

And that's if they pay the tax and keep Boozer.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 15, 2013 -> 08:46 PM)
Except the bench needs replaced...again.

And that's if they pay the tax and keep Boozer.

Between our FO and our coach, I'm not too worried about the bench at this point

QUOTE (Jake @ May 15, 2013 -> 08:47 PM)
Seeing this series, I wouldn't say the Heat would have an easy time with the Grizzlies. They are more physical than us

And they have some real talent in Randolph, Gasol, Conley, and Allen.

Heck, the Heat probably shouldn't be looking past Indiana with the way the Bulls fought. The Pacers are the same sort of a team as the Bulls, but with a lot more scoring on the floor.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 15, 2013 -> 06:47 PM)
Hard to imagine them not getting rid of Boozer and getting younger at that position.

I'd be stunned if Boozer was dumped. People are really underestimating how he played for the squad this year and you need to have him around a guy like Rose. If they can get better, great, otherwise pay the freaking tax and keep him.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 15, 2013 -> 11:09 PM)
Well, nobody will ever take Russell Westbrook for granted again. The Thunder are awful without him.

I'm not convinced the Thunder beat Memphis with him. Definitely longer than a 5 game series but not going to just say Memphis winning was lucky.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 15, 2013 -> 08:47 PM)
Seeing this series, I wouldn't say the Heat would have an easy time with the Grizzlies. They are more physical than us

That's the finals I want to see. I think the way Conely is playing, he would kill Chalmers but I'm sure Lebron would guard him. Heat can't match up with both Gasol and ZBo on the floor right now.

The NBA REALLY doesn't want the Kings to leave Sacramento.

Owners keep Kings in Sacramento

Stern went on to say at a news conference afterward that the Maloof family that owns the Kings has "the right to retain ownership" of the team under league bylaws. Stern, though, expressed confidence that a sale to the consortium assembled by Sacramento mayor Kevin Johnson and headed by Silicon Valley billionaire Vivek Ranadive eventually will be completed.

"It is my expectation that we'll be able to make a deal with the Maloofs and the Ranadive group to transfer title of the team in Sacramento," Stern said. "It's not a certainty, but we're going to work [toward] that result."

Stern added that Wednesday's vote, while technically addressing only the proposed relocation of the Kings to Seattle, has "effectively" canceled the Maloofs' sale agreement with the Seattle group headlined by lead investor Chris Hansen. Stern said league officials immediately would begin talks with the Maloofs over the next "24 to 48 hours" aimed at facilitating a sale to the Ranadive-led bidders.

The Maloofs strike me a people who might just fold the team to piss of the NBA.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 16, 2013 -> 06:09 AM)
The NBA REALLY doesn't want the Kings to leave Sacramento.

Owners keep Kings in Sacramento

The Maloofs strike me a people who might just fold the team to piss of the NBA.

So has Stern now set the precedent that no NBA team can ever be relocated? If a team like the Kings with virtually no memorable history and was only in that town since the 80s can not be allowed to move then what does that say about any other franchise? Apparently moving a team like Seattle who was around for 40 plus years in one city and had even won a title there could move to a podunk town in Oklahoma but the illustrious legacy of the Kings could not be touched. f*** David Stern.