Rios, $1M traded to Rangers

PolishPrince34

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 15, 2013 -> 08:10 PM)
I wouldn't say that. It's just not nearly the value the media is presenting. That could change though.

I wouldnt expect it to be and I dont think its as dire as greg says...but thats normal when he's talking about Rios. If the truth is somewhere in the middle then I'm not trading him. He can stay put.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Rangers could avoid giving up top prospects for White Sox right fielder Alex Rios, depending on how much of Rios' contract Texas is willing to eat, ESPN Dallas' Richard Durrett writes. Rios is owed roughly $4.85MM for the rest of 2013, $12.5MM in 2014 and a $13.5MM club option for 2015 that can be bought out for $1MM. The Rangers are one of several teams interested in acquiring Rios, though his trade stock has dipped due to a six-week slump.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 07:10 AM)
The Rangers could avoid giving up top prospects for White Sox right fielder Alex Rios, depending on how much of Rios' contract Texas is willing to eat, ESPN Dallas' Richard Durrett writes. Rios is owed roughly $4.85MM for the rest of 2013, $12.5MM in 2014 and a $13.5MM club option for 2015 that can be bought out for $1MM. The Rangers are one of several teams interested in acquiring Rios, though his trade stock has dipped due to a six-week slump.

In the comments section of that article, a fan suggested SS Sardinas, OFer Lewis Brinson, and RHP Neil Ramirez for Pence or Soriano. If they were to offer that for Rios, that would be a nice return. They are the #2, 12, and 14 prospects for Texas. I'd really like Sardinas in a Rios trade.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 06:39 AM)
In the comments section of that article, a fan suggested SS Sardinas, OFer Lewis Brinson, and RHP Neil Ramirez for Pence or Soriano. If they were to offer that for Rios, that would be a nice return. They are the #2, 12, and 14 prospects for Texas. I'd really like Sardinas in a Rios trade.

Just heard Jason Parks talk at length about Sardinas on a BP podcast the other day. Says he thinks he has better tools than Profar, but doesn't have close to the work ethic or desire. Could be a monster or a bust (but the same could be said for lots of players).

Anyway, yeah that's be a fantastic return, just commenting generally on something I heard.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 07:39 AM)

No chance they move all 3 of those kids for Rios. I could see negotiations centering around the 3. The Rangers would maybe offer Brinson and Ramirez while the Sox would want Sardinas and Brinson or Ramirez type deal. Then it would probably end up being something completely different.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 10:13 AM)
No chance they move all 3 of those kids for Rios. I could see negotiations centering around the 3. The Rangers would maybe offer Brinson and Ramirez while the Sox would want Sardinas and Brinson or Ramirez type deal. Then it would probably end up being something completely different.

I would take a package of Odor, Hanser Alberto, and Nick Williams and call it a day. Alberto gives the team a glove first SS that can hold the spot until Anderson develops, Odor can be a prospective replacement for Beckham once he hits free agency, and Williams gives the system a LH bat to play opposite Hawkins.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 10:25 AM)
Olt or bust. He might not make it, but he is close to the show and has the kind of impact potential that could make this rebuild happen in a hot hurry.

He has done nothing this year to warrant wanting him in a trade

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 10:25 AM)
Olt or bust. He might not make it, but he is close to the show and has the kind of impact potential that could make this rebuild happen in a hot hurry.

.211 in the offensive charged AAA, I think I'd rather try elsewhere. Might as well bring Josh Fields back.

Read from another poster on a Sox board that he listened to Buster Olney's podcast today talking about the White Sox. Olney had Gonzalez, the Sox beat writer and both said there is hardly any interest in Alexei.

However, major interest in Rios from Texas and Pittsburg. Lots of interest in Crain from Texas and the Red Sox. And lots of interest in Peavy from the DBacks and the Giants. What you guys think?

Personally, I would package Rios and Crain to Texas for Sardinas, Williams, Jackson, and Payano.

Then package Peavy and Lindstrom for Davidon, Owings, Lamb, and Anderson

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 10:44 AM)
He has done nothing this year to warrant wanting him in a trade

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 11:55 AM)
.211 in the offensive charged AAA, I think I'd rather try elsewhere. Might as well bring Josh Fields back.

.890 OPS in AAA after getting the eye surgery. 28 HR, 82 RBI, .288 BA, .398 OBP, .977 OPS over 95 games in AA last year. He's far from a washout or valueless player. He'd be our number 1 prospect, easily, and could be playing in the MLB as soon as this year on our team.

Yeah, Olt's stock has fallen, for sure, but that just serves to make him plausibly attainable for us. He's always been overrated, but he profiles as a solid contributor on both sides of the ball for years to come.

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 01:05 PM)
.890 OPS in AAA after getting the eye surgery. 28 HR, 82 RBI, .288 BA, .398 OBP, .977 OPS over 95 games in AA last year. He's far from a washout or valueless player. He'd be our number 1 prospect, easily, and could be playing in the MLB as soon as this year on our team.

1 he didnt have eye surgery. He actually got eye drops. The injury is speculated to be effects from a concussion back in December. I've seen him both before and after the injury. Color me not impressed.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 01:05 PM)

I think Olt ends up going to the Cubs as part of the package for Garza.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 01:31 PM)

I agree. But then I think if Peavy could get 2 good starts in. Raises his price for the DBacks as he's the best pitcher available after Garza

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 01:19 PM)
Yeah, Olt's stock has fallen, for sure, but that just serves to make him plausibly attainable for us. He's always been overrated, but he profiles as a solid contributor on both sides of the ball for years to come.

Tim Dierkes of MLBTR agrees with me. P.S. which on of you asked this question, lol?

Comment From Rick Hahn

Tim--need a lil help here. can i get a prospect like gregory polanco or mike olt for a combination of ramirez/rios/or crain

Tim Dierkes: Olt's stock is down right now...I could see the Sox being able to get him for Rios. Crain is tougher to figure out given the health situation.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)
I agree. But then I think if Peavy could get 2 good starts in. Raises his price for the DBacks as he's the best pitcher available after Garza

I was wondering about this. If Boston, Texas, and Arizona are all interested Garza one of them may want Peavy as well. Peavy is lined up to start 3 times before the trade deadline.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 01:31 PM)

I don't think Olt is a good fit there -- they've got Baez and Bryant as long-term 3B guys, and Rizzo locked up at first. Can't have too much depth, sure, but I'd think they would prefer a different type of guy.

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 02:46 PM)
I don't think Olt is a good fit there -- they've got Baez and Bryant as long-term 3B guys, and Rizzo locked up at first. Can't have too much depth, sure, but I'd think they would prefer a different type of guy.

I don't think Bryant is playing 3B in the majors. He's an OF in my opinion. I am also seeing rumors of the Cubs holding out for Feliz in the Garza talks though. So who knows. I would be okay with Olt as a piece of the Rios trade if it means Texas is paying Rios next year.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 02:46 PM)

I think Perez is probably the centerpiece of Garza deal with the Rangers.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 07:49 PM)
I think Perez is probably the centerpiece of Garza deal with the Rangers.

I can't imagine them doing that. It sounds like Cubs are trying to get Neftali Feliz instead (Tom Loxas reporting). If they get Feliz and Olt for Garza, that's an amazing trade for the Cubs. Since when is Garza this great pitcher??