Dunn...

HeGone7

Curious what people feel about Dunn? He's hitting roughly .280 since the end of May. 14 homers, about 50 rbi's. .400 obp.

Is he just too much of a risk or is it the contract that is keeping him in a White Sox Uniform right now? I just can't figure out how his bat isn't extremely attractive to other teams. Perhaps as more teams fade or enter the race in the next couple weeks he becomes attractive?

What is the sentiment around here on this?

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 01:47 PM)
Just keep him. He makes the team more watchable and he isn't blocking anyone. He'll probably have a lot of value at next year's deadline when his contract isn't a problem.

This ^

If the team was desperate to shed payroll, it would be different, but since they aren't -- he isn't going to bring a lot back so you might as well keep sending him out there.

Dunn is an interesting case where looking at the overall body of work (stats) for a season does not even begin to paint the picture of his value.

But here's to hoping some other team is stupid enough to think his 40 hr will help their team next year! 👍👍

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 01:47 PM)
Just keep him. He makes the team more watchable and he isn't blocking anyone. He'll probably have a lot of value at next year's deadline when his contract isn't a problem.

I agree and the team's isn't in salary cap hell anyway. Maybe next July some team has an injury and gets desperate and gives you some good talent for him.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 06:24 PM)
It's not out of the question. He's been hot, warm climate, Texas boy, doesn't have to carry the team....there are some factors that would make him appealing to the Rangers.

I know he's hit some dingers but one of my least favorite Sox players of all time. Please take him, Texas, please. I'd love to see Thome take some more hacks. He could replace Dunn for the rest of this season. We're not winning anything anyway.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 01:30 PM)
I know he's hit some dingers but one of my least favorite Sox players of all time. Please take him, Texas, please. I'd love to see Thome take some more hacks. He could replace Dunn for the rest of this season. We're not winning anything anyway.

Really? Guys like Jamie Navarro and D'Angelo Jimenez top that list for me. Probably David Wells too. Dunn is, by all accounts, a great guy who works hard and is productive offensively, even if it is flawed production.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 01:30 PM)

Clear winner for "wtf post of the day."

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 01:32 PM)
Really? Guys like Jamie Navarro and D'Angelo Jimenez top that list for me. Probably David Wells too. Dunn is, by all accounts, a great guy who works hard and is productive offensively, even if it is flawed production.

Ya Adam Dunn is well down on that list.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 01:32 PM)

This totally is a great post. As bad as Dunn has been at times, guys like Jaime Navarro are in a whole other world of hate. Guys who would blame others for their sucktitude are scumbags. Dunn has always been willing to step to the mic and blame only himself. That is a class act, and reason enough to be respected.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 11:41 AM)
This totally is a great post. As bad as Dunn has been at times, guys like Jaime Navarro are in a whole other world of hate. Guys who would blame others for their sucktitude are scumbags. Dunn has always been willing to step to the mic and blame only himself. That is a class act, and reason enough to be respected.

Yeah, he's actually one of my favorite White Sox players in recent history.