Sox acquire Adam Eaton from ARZ, deal Santiago, Jacobs

Baron

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 12:27 PM)
Alden Gonzalez ‏@Alden_Gonzalez

Three-team deal "not imminent" but "getting pretty close," source says. Howie Kendrick NOT involved in it. #Angels #Dbacks #WhiteSox

Sox need something else then.

I agree, this is the only gutting nixing Kendirck when others have said the Sox are adiment that he is including. Hopefully it's jus part of negotiations and he's a part of this in the end. If it costs another Lower level spect do it.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 02:29 PM)
I'm still trying to figure out why everybody is so anxious to get rid of a 26 year old starting pitcher who is 4 years away from free agency and has a 126 ERA+ in 224 innings.

Santiago is a decent pitcher but don't let those #s fool you, he gives up a lot of base runners and several opportunities for opposition to score

Did everyone just hear "grinder" on Eaton and let that color all their perceptions? That's what it seems like in this thread. Eaton is a high ceiling guy, of the right age to matter ASAP, who hasnt had enough MLB at-bats. For months we say this is the type of guy we wanted and now we get upset? I dont get it.

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 12:29 PM)
I'm still trying to figure out why everybody is so anxious to get rid of a 26 year old starting pitcher who is 4 years away from free agency and has a 126 ERA+ in 224 innings.

I'm not anxious to, but if we can get some young bats I'm willing.

The Sox don't need to "settle" for a deal with Hector, which is the main thing Hahn needs to look at.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 12:29 PM)

It's been rather obvious the White Sox aren't very high on Santiago as a pitcher moving forward. Their actions speak volumes. Cooper for some reason, isn't a fan.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 11:29 AM)
I'm still trying to figure out why everybody is so anxious to get rid of a 26 year old left handed starting pitcher who averages nearly 9K/9, has excellent runner-holding skills, is 4 years away from free agency and has a 126 ERA+ in 224 innings.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 11:30 AM)
+10000000000000000000

Enhanced, for your pleasure :huh:

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 01:29 PM)

Agreed 100%. He is super durable, is only going to get better as he matures as a major league pitcher, and he is a badass motherf***er off the field.

Whatever team he ends up on, I will buy his jersey T.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 12:36 PM)
This Eaton guy sounds a lot like "settling"

I disagree, I see the Sox buying low and selling high. Eaton is going to turn out to be a great addition, I really like the guy. And I'll go on the record and see him being the next Pedroia. Has the chip the build and sprays all over the field. We are selling high on Hector and let's face it, the guy walks a lot of people and once again I trust this team and their assessments of SPs. They have more than earned the benefit of the doubt.

That being said, I do hope we get more than Eaton but would be okay if we didn't. Just less enthuised. Either Kendrick or Conger would work for me especially since we are throwing in a "good" prospect on top.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 12:36 PM)
People really getting this upset over Eaton's '13? That mediocre 250 major league at bats is the only reason we're in this discussion. Otherwise he wouldnt be available. He tore up the minors, gives our defense much needed improvement. Patient at the plate doubles machine. These were the things we wanted.

This. Period.