Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 09:33 PM)
Tampa playing a perfect road game. At home.

If Hawks can score a goal to tie the game they will win this game.

1-1 TIE on que.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 09:36 PM)
If Hawks can score a goal to tie the game they will win this game.

1-1 TIE on que.

Yeah, they are controlling this game right now, just don't let it go to overtime.

That kid in the 86 jersey is kind of good at hockey

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 08:54 PM)
Tampa is gonna have to open it up a little and that should help the Hawks. They played not to lose and it cost them.

Completely puckered up and gave that game back to the Hawks.

With the Hawks trailing 1-0 and around 7 minutes left in the 3rd period I decided to break out my secret weapon . The weapon is the song Do Ya by ELO. I originally started using this song to celebrate a Johnny ODuYA goal in the Finals in one of the years the Hawks won the Cup. I broke it out in game 6 against the Ducks and the Hawks scored the go ahead goal the song after it finished playing.

I made sure this time that the commercial had ended before I started playing it. Just as the song was finishing ( do ya do ya want my love, do ya do ya want my love wooo ohhhh ) the Hawks tied it up. Less than 2minutes later the Hawks got the lead.

No I'm not superstitious at all :P

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 10:06 PM)
With the Hawks trailing 1-0 and around 7 minutes left in the 3rd period I decided to break out my secret weapon . The weapon is the song Do Ya by ELO. I originally started using this song to celebrate a Johnny ODuYA goal in the Finals in one of the years the Hawks won the Cup. I broke it out in game 6 against the Ducks and the Hawks scored the go ahead goal the song after it finished playing.

I made sure this time that the commercial had ended before I started playing it. Just as the song was finishing ( do ya do ya want my love, do ya do ya want my love wooo ohhhh ) the Hawks tied it up. Less than 2minutes later the Hawks got the lead.

No I'm not superstitious at all :P

I need you to play it earlier just 3 more games! :lol:

For the Hawks to win on the road, being down in the 3rd period, and Toews and Kane not getting a point, that's such a huge, huge result.

Not sure if anyone noticed, being the Hockey Novice I am, Tampa Bay really just sat back and back early in the 3rd period, really just trying to save the game instead of going for that crucial 2nd goal. You could tell the Hawks were going to score eventually from that point onwards.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 07:54 PM)
Tampa is gonna have to open it up a little and that should help the Hawks. They played not to lose and it cost them.

I'm really surprised the highest scoring team in the league just changed its whole image like that. A few shutouts of the Rangers and they're all buying into ride the hot goalie and keep the lead safe. You have to bury the Hawks to beat them . You keep it close and you're just asking for trouble.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 08:25 PM)
http://www.wsj.com/articles/move-aside-bea...=trending_now_1

Move aside Bears, the Blackhawks are taking over Chicago

Wall Street Journal "sociology" take on the budding dynasty nearing 3 titles in 6 years...

Kane getting hurt was like a blessing in disguise. They got a cap exception and used it on their additions like Vermette, Timmonen, and Desjardins and unlike the regular season it's now paying off in the playoffs.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 04:04 AM)
For the Hawks to win on the road, being down in the 3rd period, and Toews and Kane not getting a point, that's such a huge, huge result.

Not sure if anyone noticed, being the Hockey Novice I am, Tampa Bay really just sat back and back early in the 3rd period, really just trying to save the game instead of going for that crucial 2nd goal. You could tell the Hawks were going to score eventually from that point onwards.

I wasn't SURE the Hawks were going to score even though I liked the way they were playing throughout the third. I love a game like that. Trail 1-0 for so long and boom ... Chicago in effect swoops in and steals the game. Hawks didn't even need OT.

Well it's cliche time for Game Two. Hawks playing with house's money. If Hawks win, obviously it's looking like the Cup will reside in Chicago with the next two at home. If the Hawks lose, well it's the start of a heckuva series, but Chicago still will have a chance to go up 3-1 in the home blink of an eye.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 01:01 AM)
Kane getting hurt was like a blessing in disguise. They got a cap exception and used it on their additions like Vermette, Timmonen, and Desjardins and unlike the regular season it's now paying off in the playoffs.

And I also think the Kaner injury ensured everyday playing time for Teuvo, and look at him now.

The Timonen trade is a bust, but Desjardins has been solid on the 4th line since day one, and Vermette's big playoff goals alone make that such a huge pick up.