2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm guessing Anthony is just a nice expiring piece for a s&t. He's not an indication that melo isn't coming. Melo's&t reputation for being about he money is the sign that melo isn't coming.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:50 PM)
Toronto is getting absolutely destroyed for that pick haha

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2m

As story goes, Raps promised to take Brazilian project Caboclo w/No. 37 & that's why he skipped all workouts. Grabbed him at No. 20 instead

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 09:38 PM)
Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher 1m

Source: Toronto looking to S&T Kyle Lowry to Miami for cash and future picks. Part II: Bosh opts out, returns to Toronto.

um....

What

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 09:29 PM)
The Bulls can scout and draft, that the front office's best attribute. I can't criticize a pick when they know a hell lot more about scouting than I do and have a great track record.

Ya, I'll trust the FO on this one. Though I still think he could be a piece in a Love/Melo deal.

If not, and he's Wally Z like they were comparing him to the I'd be happy if he stays. Defense is not something I'd worry about, I mean we've been talking about getting Melo...

The real questions are what lie ahead once FA kicks off.

I can't figure out Anthony Randolph at all. A lot of ability, has wowed a few times in the NBA, but never any playing time outside of spot starts.

Also, I'd love any of Cleanthony Early/GR3/Joe Harris

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 09:56 PM)
Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher now

Now hearing that Norris Cole would also be part of the Lowry-to-Miami deal.

Norris Cole and late first rounders at best for Lowry? That's an awful deal

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 09:56 PM)
Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher now

Now hearing that Norris Cole would also be part of the Lowry-to-Miami deal.

I don't respect Bucher at all. He once said he was 99% sure that Kobe wouldn't play for the Lakers again. It just seems like he throws stuff out there for attention. I think I might even respect Chris Broussard more than him.

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 06:38 PM)
Since I don't follow college ball, God I hope you're right.

Despite all the b****ing on this board, this front office has proven the fact that it has historically been exceptional at drafting.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 06:55 PM)
Nobody traded 2 first rounders for Harris. If McDermott was our 16th pick, Id be perfectly content. We gave up a valuable piece for a guy that is no sure thing. It really is odd.

We weren't taking 2 US picks. We were either taking one guy and then stashing a Euro player or trading the pick anyway. Bulls are really high on McDermot and I still don't even know if he stays in Chicago or not. All I know is he was a great scorer / shooter in college so could be a nice 4th or 5th starter (good scorer off the bench). Maybe he turns into more but the options were always having the Bulls get 1 guy who would end up being on a roster this year. I don't like the idea of trading in these situations either and would have rather just made who the Bulls thought were best at the two spots too but I do have faith in the Bulls scouting.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 06:56 PM)
I dont hate McDermott, I hate trading up for him.

I hope he becomes the best player in the NBA. I just cant defend what the Bulls did there.

(edit)

Ive seen McDermott maybe 20-30 times, Im just not sure how much posting up hell do at the 4. Sure at the 3 he might outsize people, but then you have him guarding quicker guys on defense.

I just think Hood/Young were better fits and that gave you the bonus of taking a PG at 19 and having more insurance.

McDermott was rated well above a lot of those guys on draft boards. A lot of people had him going top 10. Again draft boards are what they are anyway but it isn't like we took traded up and took a 2nd rounder, we traded up to take a guy no one had falling to us at 16 who the Bulls clearly are pretty high on.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 09:04 PM)
We weren't taking 2 US picks. We were either taking one guy and then stashing a Euro player or trading the pick anyway. Bulls are really high on McDermot and I still don't even know if he stays in Chicago or not. All I know is he was a great scorer / shooter in college so could be a nice 4th or 5th starter (good scorer off the bench). Maybe he turns into more but the options were always having the Bulls get 1 guy who would end up being on a roster this year. I don't like the idea of trading in these situations either and would have rather just made who the Bulls thought were best at the two spots too but I do have faith in the Bulls scouting.

Twitter said it didn't save any money.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 07:01 PM)
At this point I'd rather Bulls get some one they targeted than keep collecting assets they won't use. High basketball IQ, great shooter, give him to Thibs. I don't give a s*** about backup point guards. Check out how many effing pgs were just drafted. It's the easiest position to fill.

Not to mention the team is going to bring back one of Hinrich / Augustin.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 07:03 PM)
I was ready to bash anyone who drafted McGary but have to say he's pretty perfect for OKC. Local dealers are pretty happy too since he's stuck there.

Is he really into drugs or something?