Game Thread- Sox @ Tigers 12:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Danks has to be able to throw that curveball he USED to have for K's.

Otherwise, the batters just sit on the fastball and foul off them while waiting for a change-up because there's not enough velocity differential between both pitches.

The only pitch that's a dramatic enough difference to get a no-contact swing is the curve.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 11:50 AM)
I like it.

That's a .352/.414/.506 hitter this year.

(I feel like my math has to be wrong somewhere)

LOL.

Are you adding their numbers together?

Gordon Beckham sucks. If there's a platoon, it should be with Marcus Semien and Conor...and then a real MLB starting 2B.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 01:05 PM)
LOL.

Gordon Beckham sucks. If there's a platoon, it should be with Marcus Semien and Conor...and then a real MLB starting 2B.

Nope. Beckham is batting .317/.356/.476 vs LHP and that's before his double today.

I like the idea for the rest of the year if they can't unload him....Next year though? No thanks

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 12:09 PM)
Nope. Beckham is batting .317/.356/.476 vs LHP and that's before his double today.

I like the idea for the rest of the year if they can't unload him....Next year though? No thanks

WHY?

Conor Gillaspie's one of the top 5-10 hitters in the AL playing without a platoon partner.

If there's any time to see how well he does against LHP and whether he can be an everyday player, it's the last two months of 2014.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 11:05 AM)
LOL.

He's doing it was both players splits. Conor against a righty is .360 .417 .522 .939

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 01:24 PM)
LOL, where is that guy that was saying Danks is a solid 3rd starter? Regression, thy name is John Danks. One of the worst starters in baseball this year.

It's alright, this is a bad start but if you remove all his bad starts, his numbers look really decent.