Game Thread- Sox @ Tigers 12:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 01:25 PM)
It's alright, this is a bad start but if you remove all his bad starts, his numbers look really decent.

lol shut it...I'm now working the Day/Night, too much drinking the night before angle =p

Edited by scs787

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 01:24 PM)
LOL, where is that guy that was saying Danks is a solid 3rd starter? Regression, thy name is John Danks. One of the worst starters in baseball this year.

Danks is a 5th starter at this point. I am sick of the defenders.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 12:28 PM)
Makes me sad thinking of how players like Hammel wait until after getting traded to s*** the bed but our schmucks unload their logs all over the linen right at the worst possible time

No doubt. Sox have had horrid luck in that regard the past couple of years.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 01:29 PM)
At least we pay our 1 and 2 like 4s

It is a part of the same contract strategy. The Sox like to lock up young pitching before it hits the market. I remember them trying to lock him down years before he signed the 5/65 deal. Sometimes it works really well, sometimes it doesn't. If Danks doesn't have the surgery, I think this contract is a bargain too.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 02:33 PM)
It is a part of the same contract strategy. The Sox like to lock up young pitching before it hits the market. I remember them trying to lock him down years before he signed the 5/65 deal. Sometimes it works really well, sometimes it doesn't. If Danks doesn't have the surgery, I think this contract is a bargain too.

For sure, post surgery he's not the same guy, oh well, is what it is. I just wish the silly wishcasting about how he's magically going to go back to being that solid 3rd starter he was pre-injury can finally be put to bed. In like 200 post surgery innings nothing stands out except "5th starter stuff and results".

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 01:36 PM)
It could be worse, the Sox could have Smyly. He's getting pummeled by a line up with Leury Garcia, Beckham, Flowers, Sierra and a mascot.

Smyly is comfortably better than Danks straight up, never mind the $14m difference

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 01:36 PM)
It could be worse, the Sox could have Smyly. He's getting pummeled by a line up with Leury Garcia, Beckham, Flowers, Sierra and a mascot.

The centerpiece for David Price. It's like the Knicks ttrying to trade for Love.