**Official 2014 World Series Thread**

flavum

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Royals need to put at least a run on the board tonight to get that out of the way. KC was more than due for a clunker. Royals have to have a different script this series. If the NL truly is inferior, then hope in the long run KC overcomes and wins it in seven.

As far as Shields, what GM/owner in his right mind would sign that guy to a four-year, 80 million dollar deal. It's just crazy talk.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 06:57 PM)
Royals need to put at least a run on the board tonight to get that out of the way. KC was more than due for a clunker. Royals have to have a different script this series. If the NL truly is inferior, then hope in the long run KC overcomes and wins it in seven.

As far as Shields, what GM/owner in his right mind would sign that guy to a four-year, 80 million dollar deal. It's just crazy talk.

f*** the royals. I hope they get swept.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 09:06 PM)
Why? It's annoying when the NL wins the World Series.

I feel like the whole AL vs. NL rivalry died a while ago with interleague play and the growth of free agency. The NL can win every year if it means the Royals & Tigers don't.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 09:30 PM)
I feel like the whole AL vs. NL rivalry died a while ago with interleague play and the growth of free agency. The NL can win every year if it means the Royals & Tigers & Twins, Indians, Red Sox and Yankees don't.

Fixed.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 09:49 PM)
Sandoval's making himself some bank with this postseason.

IIRC Sandoval is pretty much money in every postseason he has participated in. He destroyed Verlander all by himself a few years ago

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 08:19 PM)
Not sure who is worse with Buck, Reynolds or McCarver?

It could be worse. I was cautiously enjoying the opportunity to watch the playoffs this year without any interference from the human hot air balloon that doubles as Boston's DH. That tranquility lasted until yesterday, when I turned the game on only to see Nick Swisher sitting on one side of Frank Thomas, and a frigging RE/MAX commercial floating on the other.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 01:20 PM)
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 8h8 hours ago

From ELIAS: The team that wins Game 1 is 70-39 all-time in the World Series.

A team that wins Game 1 has one way to lose the series in 5 games (LLLL), four ways to lose in 6 games (WLLLL, LWLLL, LLWLL, LLLWL), and ten ways to lose in 7 games (WWLLLL, WLWLLL, WLLWLL, WLLLWL, LWWLLL, LWLWLL, LWLLWL, LLWWLL, LLWLWL, LLLWWL). If you give both teams a 50% chance of winning each game, the probabilities of all those scenarios add up to 34.4%, which means an expected winning percentage of 65.6% for a team that has already won Game 1.

That equates to a record of 72-37.

That's a long way of saying COOL STAT MR. OLNEY.