2015 Films thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 06:36 AM)
Can't think of one bad Pixar movie. It's like Marvel for kids.

Cars 2 is the only hiccup for me, and even that isnt terrible, It just isnt as great as the rest of them.

the last six movies are Monsters University, Brave, Cars 2, Toy Story 3, Up, and Wall-E

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 07:00 AM)
Cars 2 is the only hiccup for me, and even that isnt terrible, It just isnt as great as the rest of them.

the last six movies are Monsters University, Brave, Cars 2, Toy Story 3, Up, and Wall-E

I actually didn't like Cars so never saw Cars 2.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 08:00 AM)

I loved Monsters University more than Monsters Inc.

My order from best to worst is:

1. Toy Story 2

2. Monsters University

3. Toy Story

4. Toy Story 3

5. Finding Nemo

6. Monsters Inc.

7. The Incredibles

8. Up

9. Brave

10. Wall-E

11. Cars

12. Ratatouille

13. A Bugs Life

14. Cars 2

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 10:46 PM)
Return to form? You haven't liked their last couple films?

Cars 2 I didn't care for. Brave was fine but I thought it was a clear step down from nearly all their other movies. I really enjoyed Monsters University though (although I wouldn't put it up there with their best).

Pixar has a few good ones on the way, Incredibles 2, Finding Dory, Inside Out, and The Good Dinosaur. The Good Dinosaur has a funny premise, what if the asteroid missed earth, and the dinosaurs survived?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 07:53 AM)
Up may or may not have been the only animated movie where it got dusty in my living room. Can't confirm.

Up! is great. Highly recommended.

If you have older parents who are nearing retirement age (or one/both have passed away already), then you'll find it nearly impossible not to get sentimental about this film.

Kind of like the idea that once you're a parent...you pay a LOT more attention to all things related to kids or parenting examples (both good and bad).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 06:47 AM)
http://pro.boxoffice.com/featured_stories/...forecast-pixels

Taking a big risk these days with Sandler anywhere near a project...but he probably has some Kevin James teflon left.

Chris Columbus directed and Sandler has a writing credit but don't think he had much to do with it so that's a plus.

Sigh.....the things I do for family and friends. Trying to get together with friends for dinner and movie today. they are the type of people who see a lot of movies right when they come out so it isn't easy to arrange something. I left the planning to my wife and friends. I am now going to go see Spy.....ugh. kill me now. Literally, my last choice of movies. I am far from a horror movie fan and I'd rather go see Insidious or Poltergeist than MM in Spy.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 03:13 PM)
I felt the same way about Spy but the reviews are really good.

I think it's the Melissa McCarthy backlash.

She was good in Bridesmaids, The Heat and tolerable in Identity Thief.

From all the reviews, it has to be pretty good as they would love the opportunity to crush her.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 08:35 PM)
I think it's the Melissa McCarthy backlash.

She was good in Bridesmaids, The Heat and tolerable in Identity Thief.

From all the reviews, it has to be pretty good as they would love the opportunity to crush her.

IMO, she was good in Bridesmaids.....The Heat was a horrible film (and she was the worst part of it). Tammy...well.....that is too easy to make fun of. I am curious about her in St. Vincent though

I just think she is more suited to supporting roles as opposed to starring.

QUOTE (juddling @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 07:42 PM)
I will admit that Spy had me laugh more than Pitch Perfect 2 did. Statham was over the top funny.......

You can easily see Statham discovering a second career in comedic roles as he ages another 5-10 years like Pierce Brosnan did.

QUOTE (juddling @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 08:46 PM)
IMO, she was good in Bridesmaids.....The Heat was a horrible film (and she was the worst part of it). Tammy...well.....that is too easy to make fun of. I am curious about her in St. Vincent though

I just think she is more suited to supporting roles as opposed to starring.

She was good in St Vincent. I agree about her in supporting roles. Same with Will Ferrell.

It Follows was a very nifty horror flick.

Quite creative/inventive...seems the lower budget ones almost always are better in this genre. Mostly a film of mood...ambience, psychological rather than visceral blood and guts action.

Not up to the level of The Conjuring, but definitely top five for the last 2-3 years.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 04:12 AM)
It Follows was a very nifty horror flick.

Quite creative/inventive...seems the lower budget ones almost always are better in this genre. Mostly a film of mood...ambience, psychological rather than visceral blood and guts action.

Not up to the level of The Conjuring, but definitely top five for the last 2-3 years.

which movie are you talking about.