2015 Films thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 12:39 PM)
JMO - the weakest of those was IM2 and it was still far, far better than MOS. MOS was basically unwatchable. I wanted it over.

I liked man of steel more than iron man 2 and 3. MoS gets more hate than it should, the superman movie before that was hot garbage.

I haven't watched IM2 since I saw it in theatre. Don't remember hating it. I liked IM3. Of course, I despised MOS.

I think as time passes, the marvel movies will just be more memorable. DC outside of Nolan, has been too hot and cold.

Edited by Brian

Highly recommend the documentary about Roger Ebert, "Life Itself." Came out last year, but I just saw it last weekend. It's a "warts and all" depiction of him. I was always a Sun-Times/Ebert guy. Pretty rough ending to his life.

And I had no idea that Siskel was a stud.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ May 1, 2015 -> 08:33 PM)
Highly recommend the documentary about Roger Ebert, "Life Itself." Came out last year, but I just saw it last weekend. It's a "warts and all" depiction of him. I was always a Sun-Times/Ebert guy. Pretty rough ending to his life.

And I had no idea that Siskel was a stud.

Yeah, its a good one. Fell just short in winning the major awards, though.

Smile Pinki, about Operation Smile/free cleft palate surgeries is a good one....at vimeo for free, as well as Saving Face, which is horrific but impossible to take your eyes away from the screen.

Edited by caulfield12

a client of mine took me and a couple of his client out, as a thank you. he org wanted to take us for drinks. i didn't want to drink. i am going out tomorrow. so he took 1/2 of his clients to the movies.

i finally saw A2. not bad. i liked it. i like there recipe on making these movies to ensure a greater profit, as if they needed one.

either way, i was really impressed. these movies are like a stand alone movie.

btw, i am starting to admire scarlett johansson ahhh shape of things. very impressive. :D

whew :notworthy

Furious 7, I'm sad to say...was actually more entertaining than Avengers 2.

Just too many storylines, too much CGI, no Coulson...it was just lacking something in the chemistry department. Too disjointed? You don't go Marvel movies these days for cohesive/logical plots, but I would watch Furious 7 five times before I'd want to watch Avengers again.

Was a bit too reminiscent of IM 3.

The self-created villain was just too convenient, too, although Spader's voice work was great.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2015 -> 08:04 PM)
Furious 7, I'm sad to say...was actually more entertaining than Avengers 2.

Just too many storylines, too much CGI, no Coulson...it was just lacking something in the chemistry department. Too disjointed? You don't go Marvel movies these days for cohesive/logical plots, but I would watch Furious 7 five times before I'd want to watch Avengers again.

Was a bit too reminiscent of IM 3.

The self-created villain was just too convenient, too, although Spader's voice work was great.

I've decided that I think it needs another 20-30 minutes, I think it was just too heavily edited. Make that a 2 hour 50 minute movie and they can suddenly delve more into the Stark/Ultron relationship, they can actually tell something about Thor's vision (My word that was underdone), etc.

I'd really like to see a "Director's cut".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2015 -> 07:59 PM)
I've decided that I think it needs another 20-30 minutes, I think it was just too heavily edited. Make that a 2 hour 50 minute movie and they can suddenly delve more into the Stark/Ultron relationship, they can actually tell something about Thor's vision (My word that was underdone), etc.

That whole thing with Thor and the cave was seriously just a blip on the radar....Whedon fought for and forced it into the story, they wanted to cut it and it turned out being yet another plot-line that didn't go anywhere because of costs/corporate editing. It almost seemed like Thor wasn't even in the movie, except for some one-liners. (Actually, my wife remarked that the sense of humor was missing from this one as well...all things considered, it's a highly profitable missfire that will be looked at historically as simply setting up the Civil War movie, mostly pleasant looking and mildly amusing filler).

The whole "Hawkeye domestic bliss" and "Hulk/Widow" thing didn't really work, either. The first five to ten minute sequence, I thought I was in a virtual reality 3D movie with 360 degree perspective...which was COOL, but it just felt like an excuse to show off new tech rather than an integral plot point.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2015 -> 08:59 PM)

Supposedly an extended cut will be released, along with an alternate ending.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 14, 2015 -> 10:46 AM)
We should take this into our EPIC MARVEL THREAD, http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=95350, but the Thor scene and the dream scenes instigated by Black Widow are foreshadowing the Infinity Wars...or so I heard.

b/c of this happy talk of marvel comics and movies, i am starting to become a fan.

thor's dream, i need to see this movie again. i missed some important meaning.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/11/8585809/a...n-cut-farmhouse

The new Mad Max movie has only 1 negative review out of around 120 at RT (and yet there doesn't seem to be a huge buzz about it...maybe Tom Hardy just doesn't have a big enough fanbase/awareness yet?).

Pitch Perfect 2, which is widely expected to win the box office battle this weekend, is around 75%, which is still not too bad for a sequel.

Edited by caulfield12

The Judge - 2.5 of 5 stars.

Decent rental. RDJ holds the film together but it's a shallow story. They try for drama - it gets flat. They try for nostalgia - fail again. It's supposed to be a bit of a tearjerker, but that also fails. Would not watch again.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 15, 2015 -> 05:12 PM)
The Judge - 2.5 of 5 stars.

Decent rental. RDJ holds the film together but it's a shallow story. They try for drama - it gets flat. They try for nostalgia - fail again. It's supposed to be a bit of a tearjerker, but that also fails. Would not watch again.

excellent point. i never thought of it that way.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 14, 2015 -> 02:12 PM)
The new Mad Max movie has only 1 negative review out of around 120 at RT (and yet there doesn't seem to be a huge buzz about it...maybe Tom Hardy just doesn't have a big enough fanbase/awareness yet?).

Pitch Perfect 2, which is widely expected to win the box office battle this weekend, is around 75%, which is still not too bad for a sequel.

Yea, maybe not in China. That movie is making waves in the US