5/3 - Sox @ Twins

Heads22

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mike F. @ May 3, 2015 -> 06:35 PM)
I wouldn't mind tanking to get a high pick at this point. It's obvious that they won't be contenders this year.

More than getting a high pick, I'm talking about mega changes within the organizational structure. Obviously, I'm aware that Reinsdorf is unlikely to do anything of the such, but isn't there more of a chance as opposed to the team rebounding to finish 81-81? Lets face it, we all know this team isn't on the level of a true contender. Way too many holes and flaws up and down the roster.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 3, 2015 -> 07:34 PM)
The Sox have been getting some hits the last few games. They just can't get runs.

They get into DP situations and seem shocked the pitcher is trying to get them to roll over on the pitch.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ May 3, 2015 -> 01:36 PM)
Sox players look like they don't even want to be on the field

It is nice hyperbole, and you will get a few chronic complainers to agree with you, but just mention one player whio doesn't want to be there?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 3, 2015 -> 07:39 PM)
It is nice hyperbole, and you will get a few chronic complainers to agree with you, but just mention one player whio doesn't want to be there?

Abreu, and I was hoping for a day off for him today and put Gillaspie in.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 3, 2015 -> 06:37 PM)
Yeah, only 140 games left after today. It is over.

You're right but this team as constructed has black holes at Catcher and 3B. That wont change. As it is now, they have liabilities at SS and CF. That could change. This team also has liabilities on 3/5ths of the rotation. More than likely, the best they will be able to do is have liabilities at only 2/5th of the rotation. Add in the fact that there is little chance of developing any power within this lineup and I don't see where this team can make the improvements needed to become a consistent winner. Enlighten me if you do.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ May 3, 2015 -> 01:40 PM)
You give the same shtick of excuses every single day.

Say what you want, but this team is horrible in just about every way. Nothing else has to be said.

All you do is whine and complain. Why watch the game?

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ May 3, 2015 -> 01:41 PM)
You're right but this team as constructed has black holes at Catcher and 3B. That wont change. As it is now, they have liabilities at SS and CF. That could change. This team also has liabilities on 3/5ths of the rotation. More than likely, the best they will be able to do is have liabilities at only 2/5th of the rotation. Add in the fact that there is little chance of developing any power within this lineup and I don't see where this team can make the improvements needed to become a consistent winner. Enlighten me if you do.

Power will come.