Sign in to follow this  
WilliamTell

MARVEL Universe Thread

I saw the interview with Larson and Renner and I think it had more to do with the whole set up.  Those type of interviews always come off awkward and I think actors hate them.

12 minutes ago, Brian said:

I saw those interviews. Think they are being over blown by fan boys. 

You can usually tell when the cast is together and joking. But even listening to her talk makes me roll my eyes lol

So are we putting a SPOILER WARNING from here on out or should we use the black bars through the weekend to try and be courteous? Or F anyone who is waiting/That's their problem?

Or should we do a separate thread for ENDGAME with a spoiler warning and then just attach it to this thread in a week? 

Edited by Brian

15 minutes ago, Brian said:

So are we putting a SPOILER WARNING from here on out or should we use the black bars through the weekend to try and be courteous? Or F anyone who is waiting/That's their problem?

Or should we do a separate thread for ENDGAME with a spoiler warning and then just attach it to this thread in a week? 

Let's just make a separate spoiler thread, probably the best solution

I rewatched all the MCU films and I have to say that the original Avengers film is one of the best written blockbusters of like the past 20 years. It might be the worst looking and ugliest movie of the past 20 years when you consider it cost $200M and the sets look like a CW show but man it’s a damn good time. I wonder what Infinity War/Endgame would be like if Whedon was still running things. 

Age of Ultron definitely got better with age too, I haven’t watched it since it came out on Blu Ray and liked it a whole lot more. It might be the best looking MCU film, everything isn’t muted and grey like everything else. I still love the Hawkeye stuff, hopefully Whedon can run his series on Disney+. 

On 4/26/2019 at 2:03 AM, Joshua Strong said:

I rewatched all the MCU films and I have to say that the original Avengers film is one of the best written blockbusters of like the past 20 years. It might be the worst looking and ugliest movie of the past 20 years when you consider it cost $200M and the sets look like a CW show but man it’s a damn good time. I wonder what Infinity War/Endgame would be like if Whedon was still running things. 

Age of Ultron definitely got better with age too, I haven’t watched it since it came out on Blu Ray and liked it a whole lot more. It might be the best looking MCU film, everything isn’t muted and grey like everything else. I still love the Hawkeye stuff, hopefully Whedon can run his series on Disney+. 

Huh?

On 4/28/2019 at 5:26 PM, Balta1701 said:

Huh?

I might get too inside baseball here but the cinematography and production design of the original Avengers film are horrendous. The movie cost over $200M and it looks a  really bland tv show. An episode of Game of Thrones cost anywhere between $8M-$12M and looks way better. The DC/CW shows are way cheaper than that and look better considering their budget.

The lighting in the film is very flat and unmotivated, every shot begins with a establishing long shot and is filled with medium shots for most of the movie. There’s no motivated camera work either in the film, the only interesting things that come to mind are the shot in NYC when the Avengers band together and when Banner picks up the scepter and the camera does that slow barrel roll. The colors in the film are also very dull, not quite as bad as Civil War but still bland.

I know Whedon came from a TV background but it seems like he was so focused on getting the characters to work that he completely forgot about the visual language/storytelling of the film but the script and performances are so good that you’re able to forgive these huge flaws. 

Whedon was smart to ditch the DP of the original film and go in a different direction for Ultron, which looks like it actually cost its budget, has richer color, motivated lighting and better costumes, which is another problem I have with the original Avengers film. I know Ultron was shot on film, that helped tremendously. The best looking Marvel films are Guardians 1 & 2, Iron Man 1, Cap 1, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther (although the CGI was bad)  

Color grading is something I do a lot, it’s really fun but here’s a good video on the look of the MCU and it’s blandness. 

Far from Home at 91%. And I was afraid there'd be a Phase 3 hangover post Endgame.

27 minutes ago, Brian said:

Far from Home at 91%. And I was afraid there'd be a Phase 3 hangover post Endgame.

Marvel could put out Attack of the Clones and it would get great ratings.

28 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Anyone see Far From Home?  Have a question on the villian’s intentions.

Thought it was good not great. I can try and answer but I'm cloudy as well. Was gonna wait for @Kyyle23 to see it to ask

7 minutes ago, Brian said:

Thought it was good not great. I can try and answer but I'm cloudy as well. Was gonna wait for @Kyyle23 to see it to ask

What was Mysterio & team trying to accomplish exactly?

50 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hide contents

What was Mysterio & team trying to accomplish exactly?

Think he was trying to dupe Fury into letting him into the Avengers using Stark tech then was going to destroy them from within. Could be off though. That is why he wanted to kill everyone who knew his scam. My question is, is there still just one realty and the multi realities was a lie by Misterio and crew?