2015-16 NHL thread

Read on SCH that hopefully Daley can take over PP1 defenseman to get Keith more rest as he ages. Interesting thought, I used to love Campbell on the power play (and not much else). Lots of change next year. about 3 weeks later as it washes away I get home sick. Too much fun the past 6 years watching certain lines gel in the playoffs, the shaw/kane line in 2014, the TT/desjardin/Sharp line in 2015, every time in 2013 when Kane/Toews would pair together to save a series. Such a small amount of time you get to watch that stuff before this league breaks it up.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 07:26 PM)
you are completely missing my point. Im not saying rumors have zero truth, I am saying that (with every sport) you should take them with a grain of salt. You have completely trashed bowman both for having the audacity to have his father as an advisor and also for theoretically setting a price way too high for sharp and not moving him during or before the draft. Without being privy to any of the conversations that Bowman had with other GMs, its really hard for me to sit here and rip him for a trade that wasnt made when i have no idea what offers were passed back and forth.

for my defense, and yes i am saying defense. b/c you are not looking at the whole part of what i am saying. only finding a way to somehow chastise me, which i can handle.

rumor are rumors, even when coming from sport magazine. whether it is esp, bleacher rpt, cbs ect..... so do you keep in mind that all the rpts should be taken with a grain of salt????

i gave a disclaimer that i am not a fan of bowman, and yet i gave him a lot of credit for the last SC win. now i say the same disclaimer and a fixed it to the screw up of the trades...... several new mag rpt it, but that is not good for you. another poster verified it, so i was not being creative. it was rpt.

another part of that story is sharp was almost moved, according to sport mag at the trading deadline but cooler heads prevailed and hope the the hawks could have won another SC..... so the foundation was set, and when the season ended, several team from the NE conf wanted him. but the cost was too hight. again, this was from several sports mag....

i am thrashing bowman b/c he screwed up, pretty much as i thrashed KW for the state of the minor league system. so with the attitude ot not ripping on the gm b/c you can not verify the authentic y i would like to see how you respond to the baseball site, when the deadline comes around.

my question is how can you enjoy yourself here if you discredit everything that is not said by the org???

what is known, bowman asked for a kings ransom before the draft and it didn't happen, and look at the result of what was received. if you still have problems with that, then it is on you.

i am done fighting this broken record.

i have proven myself over and over again and yet that is not good for you.

oh well.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 07:39 PM)
Read on SCH that hopefully Daley can take over PP1 defenseman to get Keith more rest as he ages. Interesting thought, I used to love Campbell on the power play (and not much else). Lots of change next year. about 3 weeks later as it washes away I get home sick. Too much fun the past 6 years watching certain lines gel in the playoffs, the shaw/kane line in 2014, the TT/desjardin/Sharp line in 2015, every time in 2013 when Kane/Toews would pair together to save a series. Such a small amount of time you get to watch that stuff before this league breaks it up.

to be honest, i think he has the offensive skills, but i question his defensive skills. esp in Q system, and esp with Q. he depends soo much on the defense and he wants little errors.

he is a harsh task master.

the d-pairing is a huge question mark. i am basing this on players the hawks have now.

Keith - Hjalm

Seab - Daley

TVR -

the problem i an seeing is how will Q split the d-man parings??

Dallas GM talks about the trade.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-st...ephen-johns.ece

in every era of hockey, teams tries to copy and replicate what success team is doing. esp with a success record, like winning multi SC's.

this was done from Mont C, to NYI, to Edm, to Det etc..... i like the idea, i don't know, maybe is ego related, but some team are like the chi method.

just my thoughts.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 08:33 PM)

interesting report. many thanks.

here is a tidbit on bowman sr.

he was coaching the mont cadiens and met the chi blackhawks in the 1970-71 SC Finals. well Mont won, bowman and billy reay the coach of the hawks, met on the ice to shake hands. well bowman said something to reay and billy reay just laid him out right there with a punch.

man, i wonder what was said, reay died without telling, and i am sure bowman will not say. oh well.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 04:04 PM)
interesting report. many thanks.

here is a tidbit on bowman sr.

he was coaching the mont cadiens and met the chi blackhawks in the 1970-71 SC Finals. well Mont won, bowman and billy reay the coach of the hawks, met on the ice to shake hands. well bowman said something to reay and billy reay just laid him out right there with a punch.

man, i wonder what was said, reay died without telling, and i am sure bowman will not say. oh well.

44 years ago.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 10:05 PM)
44 years ago.

well i am an old fart that remembers many stories.

oops i think it may have been the 72-73 SC Finals. i thought it was the 71 when mont D - john fergunson took a run at bobby hull and did o vicious cross check right across hull nose and broke it. mont needed to get hull off the ice and disrupt the hawks and it worked.

Edited by LDF

well looking at the salary number yesterday, made me thinking, the hawks have some priorities that needs to be address. with 1 or 2 players who may be needed, some salary relief is needed.

now this is not to assess blame but try to figure who is moving.

well steeger and bickell is factored into being the one who is needed to be moved, base on their salary and the rtn in the stats.

the problem i see, is the hawks will need to sweeten the deal. so here is the question, will the hawks add prospects or draft picks to the pkg for moving bickell and steeger.

i just hope the hawks are not maneuvered in dealing crawford, b/c of the relief of the salary.

it is going to be interesting in the next couple of months.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 02:15 PM)
Per his agent, Johnny Oduya is moving on from the Blackhawks. Good luck Johnny

I can't blame Oduya, he waited awhile free agent money is getting tight for all teams. Wish him well.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 07:48 PM)
Ugh, i was hoping for a small miracle, but without moving money quickly, there was no way.

you make a great point in this statement. also know this, there is no way in hades that any org out there is going to help the hawks. they are all wanting their pound of flesh and are thinking of ways to rape this org.

this is the cost of the hawks be a success and parity.

either way, if and when the hawks makes the moves, i still see a need of a experience d-man.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 07:57 PM)
Daley is an offensive upgrade, but Oduya is much more dependable defensively, definitely a bit of an overall downgrade.

i know Q is tough and can get alot out of his players...... but this???

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 03:39 PM)

It's Trevor Daley, not blood clot Kimmo Timmonen.

Anyway , this is an interesting comparison to the 2010 purge. Some of the names from the 10-11 season, wow.

http://thecommittedindian.com/lets-compare...ion/#more-14030

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 03:39 PM)

Have you ever seen Trevor Daley play? He's a 4th defenseman; he's not John Scott.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 08:28 PM)
The real kick in the nuts is going to be when Oduya signs with Dallas, which looks like it very well may happen....

And they'll still be a fringe playoff team.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 07:56 PM)
It's Trevor Daley, not blood clot Kimmo Timmonen.

Anyway , this is an interesting comparison to the 2010 purge. Some of the names from the 10-11 season, wow.

http://thecommittedindian.com/lets-compare...ion/#more-14030

Yeah Daley is fine. Hawks will go Keith/Seabrook/Hjalmarsson/Daley/TVR/Rundblad and a mix of young guys. And they'll be fine.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 03:13 AM)
Have you ever seen Trevor Daley play? He's a 4th defenseman; he's not John Scott.

And they'll still be a fringe playoff team.

you are taking my post in from a statement i made in ref to, if they hawks can not add another experience d-man to the mix.

now ref to Daley, yeah, i watched him in games when there was nothing else to watch in the regional games.

what i remember is a player who is offensively skilled. really skilled. has problems matching up bodies in or after a check. very limited in the physical dept.

so have you EVER seen Daley play??? i will ask you the same question.

furthermore, in Q system of play, all players must be responsible for their position, forecheck, backcheck, also need to be able to go on a dime, on the attack by pushing the puck in or setting themselve in a position to help or to score. players playing for Q can not cherry pick, circle the perimeters for that outlet pass, and most importantly they have to be able to take the body.

that is another reason, rookies really are frown up or plays as little as they do, b/c they, when being put into Q system, has to learn additional parts of their responsibility for their position, under Q way of playing.