2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 08:45 AM)
Wait, so Kelly-Rae is single? Nice.

PICS?

In all seriousness, big props to Dunc for his performance this season with all the drama going on, how many athletes fall apart because of personal issues.

Also, Dunc made it clear, Sharpie is one of his best friends and had nothing to do with his divorce. FWIW.

Edited by Knuckles

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 07:23 PM)
interesting article..... even this site hasn't been given props... every once in a while they have something.

today i like it. including all the phoney bs coming from the blackhawks fo.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-Jaecke...umors/128/70129

This Jaeckel guy is clueless. As soon as I saw his name in the link, I decided that I wasn't going to click it. He keeps bringing up this stupid Crawford to Winnipeg idea (even recently to New Jersey, obviously not knowing they have a good goalie) and Bickell to Arizona or New Jersey (still waiting...).

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 01:24 AM)
This Jaeckel guy is clueless. As soon as I saw his name in the link, I decided that I wasn't going to click it. He keeps bringing up this stupid Crawford to Winnipeg idea (even recently to New Jersey, obviously not knowing they have a good goalie) and Bickell to Arizona or New Jersey (still waiting...).

there was an interesting part that was added. but i will let others read it. for any lack of info, i just look at everything, but i don't post everything .....

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 08:24 PM)

He's a jackass. I've been waiting on Kane to be traded for 3 years now...

If the Russians are as good as SBowman thinks they are, the Hawks will be as fast, high-flying and exciting as ever. Could add a different element, even. Can't wait to see Teuvo in a big role for the full slate.

If they're able to develop Dman depth over the first half of the season, they'll be in great shape again when it counts. Can't wait.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 03:44 PM)
If the Russians are as good as SBowman thinks they are, the Hawks will be as fast, high-flying and exciting as ever. Could add a different element, even. Can't wait to see Teuvo in a big role for the full slate.

If they're able to develop Dman depth over the first half of the season, they'll be in great shape again when it counts. Can't wait.

Shades of the 90's Red Wings . Everything old is new again. Bowman deja vu.

Head Coach Scotty Bowman compiled a line for Detroit nicknamed The Russian Five, also known as the "Red Army," after finding out that many Soviet teams frequently put their forwards and defensemen together on five-man units. The group included Fedorov (centre), Igor Larionov (right wing), Vyacheslav Kozlov (left wing), and Slava Fetisov and Vladimir Konstantinov on (defense).

That's from Wiki . Those Red Wing teams were damn good.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 07:31 AM)
Shades of the 90's Red Wings . Everything old is new again. Bowman deja vu.

Head Coach Scotty Bowman compiled a line for Detroit nicknamed The Russian Five, also known as the "Red Army," after finding out that many Soviet teams frequently put their forwards and defensemen together on five-man units. The group included Fedorov (centre), Igor Larionov (right wing), Vyacheslav Kozlov (left wing), and Slava Fetisov and Vladimir Konstantinov on (defense).

That's from Wiki . Those Red Wing teams were damn good.

you know, i never thought of that idea. very interesting point of view.

the other point of what you are saying of the russian line, it take a intuitive set of dman.

now that i am coming down from my excitement. i am analyzing the whole thing, the hawks lost 2 forwards who scored over 20 goals per. a rhetorical question is how will they replace that production.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 10:11 PM)
My Stars

Benn-Seguin-Nichushkin

Sharp-Spezza-Hemsky

Roussell-Eakin-Sceviour

Moen-Fiddler-Ritchie

Goligoski-Klingberg

Oduya-Demers

Benn/jokki/oleksiak-johns

Offense so good, Defense so bad :(

You forgot the $10.5 million worth of goalies on the roster

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 10:55 PM)
You forgot the $10.5 million worth of goalies on the roster

See, right now that matters less, as Benn, Seguin, and Klingberg are on bridge contracts. When Benn is due for money, Hemsky is off the books and when Seguin is due for a raise, Spezza is off. I swear, the Blackhawks would have won 5 if Jim Nill were there GM.

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 05:19 AM)
you know, i never thought of that idea. very interesting point of view.

the other point of what you are saying of the russian line, it take a intuitive set of dman.

now that i am coming down from my excitement. i am analyzing the whole thing, the hawks lost 2 forwards who scored over 20 goals per. a rhetorical question is how will they replace that production.

The Russians the Red Wings had were really good especially Federov . The Hawks Russians have a lot to prove and quickly.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 06:50 PM)
The Russians the Red Wings had were really good especially Federov . The Hawks Russians have a lot to prove and quickly.

Russian influence in the NHL is really an interesting discussion.

Drafting Russia players in the current NHL is a little bit riskier now. The KHL is becoming extremely attractive to a number of players. Players like Val Nichushkin should not have fallen as far as he did, but there is clearly some concern Russian players will terminate their contracts and return to the KHL.

hmmm. Doesnt seem like it is felony worthy. Kind of seems like he got in a fight with someone if i were to guess anything

Kane, move your family out of Buffalo. STOP GOING THERE, ITS NO GOOD FOR YOU. lol

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 6, 2015 -> 08:02 AM)
hmmm. Doesnt seem like it is felony worthy. Kind of seems like he got in a fight with someone if i were to guess anything

Kane, move your family out of Buffalo. STOP GOING THERE, ITS NO GOOD FOR YOU. lol

To me the fact that they are investigating says felony to me. If it was simple bar fight they'd charged them with whatever and be on their way. Also the twitter rumors don't look too good either.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 6, 2015 -> 09:05 AM)
To me the fact that they are investigating says felony to me. If it was simple bar fight they'd charged them with whatever and be on their way. Also the twitter rumors don't look too good either.

please dish the details

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 6, 2015 -> 09:05 AM)

Felony for whom? You cant get any information from these "reports" at all.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 6, 2015 -> 09:11 AM)
please dish the details

People are making guesses since there is no actual information out there. A few news reporters are running with the angle that it was "an issue with a girl that started at a bar"

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 6, 2015 -> 09:14 AM)
People are making guesses since there is no actual information out there. A few news reporters are running with the angle that it was "an issue with a girl that started at a bar"

Sports Mockery saying Kane is having secret parties lol