2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 11:56 PM)
A. Why not?

B. It's impossible for you to listen to him as much as you say and not know this.

Why not? You hate millions of Americans who love Rush? One might be a relative of yours you know.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 12:01 AM)
Want to hear him use the N-word? Want to hear him make fun of the fact that the Chinese Premier has an asian accent? His "Which team will win Survivor based on every racial stereotype you can come up with" would be funny if it weren't sick.

At least you came up with some links this time. Your blanket statements were pretty offensive/inappropriate I thought.

p.s. I'm afraid to click on links after what happened when I clicked on one of caulfield's.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 08:46 PM)
Why not? You hate millions of Americans who love Rush? One might be a relative of yours you know.

Yes, I have several openly racist relatives who think it's ok to use the N-word around everyone to describe how terrible certain groups of people are. And they're totally Rush's audience.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 07:59 PM)
Remember when Trump bragged about sexually assaulting women and then over a dozen women including some teenagers came forward with allegations of improper behavior and sexual assault?

BUT EMAILS!!

Nobody is even supporting Trump.

How long into the Clinton presidency will the "at least she's not Trump" card be played? One month? Six months? Two years? Will she be untouchable her entire term because of him?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 09:00 PM)
I personally can't say the word, but is Rush really racist? Cmon. Just from this schtick? Again I can't say the word, but how can you call him racist for just this one take?

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/07/17/ru...t-racist-audio/

You know what? Find any excuse you want to walk around saying the N-word. Try them all out. I encourage you to do so. Go out and try it. If you don't believe it's racist, then go do it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 03:07 AM)
You know what? Find any excuse you want to walk around saying the N-word. Try them all out. I encourage you to do so. Go out and try it. If you don't believe it's racist, then go do it.

Did you hear his segment on the N word? He was referring to the African American woman who said the word was for any male. So Rush said he could now use it. He was being a smart aleck but why racist? I prefer not to say the word. Yes I grew up hearing it from friends and relatives on the far south side but even back then I couldn't say it.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 09:02 PM)

How long into the Clinton presidency will the "at least she's not Trump" card be played? One month? Six months? Two years? Will she be untouchable her entire term because of him?

It's likely that up to 46% of the voting pop is going to vote for him. He is very close to the presidency.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 04:21 AM)
It's likely that up to 46% of the voting pop is going to vote for him. He is very close to the presidency.

That's cause of his opponent. Folks are choosing between the two worst candidates in the history of the presidential election.

Without arguing about this, one neutral comment. We're talking about 30,000 emails or something on Huma's server. What's with all the emails? How does anybody get that many emails? Seriously, that's a helluva lot of emails. I guess everybody wants to communicate with government officials all the time. Think of the time they must be answering emails all day every day.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 12:14 AM)
Without arguing about this, one neutral comment. We're talking about 30,000 emails or something on Huma's server. What's with all the emails? How does anybody get that many emails? Seriously, that's a helluva lot of emails. I guess everybody wants to communicate with government officials all the time. Think of the time they must be answering emails all day every day.

My inbox - going back to about 2012 and not counting my work email accounts - has over 11,000 emails.

You will notice that that's one person. That one person also does not run the State Department of the United States.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 10:21 PM)

I was referring to this thread specifically.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 10:31 PM)
No, it isn't.

Yes it is. All the Trump voters I know are doing it because of Hillary, and that includes females. They don't even like Trump.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 01:14 AM)

I have over 7,000 emails in 4 years (that's just one account. I have 4 work-related accounts that I log into regularly). I don't use my email as often as some people do around here.

So, I don't have a problem with people being upset about these emails. Information that should have been protected went through a private email server, chosen by Clinton. She showed very poor judgment.

That said... are the same people upset about it, also people who were upset by Condi Rice doing it? And all those emails that were deleted back then?

Can't have it both ways.

How Donald Trump Avoided Paying

Taxes Using Other People’s Money

Donald Trump Used Legally Dubious Method to Avoid Paying Taxes

Donald J. Trump avoided reporting hundreds of millions in taxable income with a tactic so legally dubious that his lawyers said an I.R.S. audit would most likely find it improper.

Tax experts who reviewed documents for The Times said Mr. Trump trampled a core tax policy tenet by receiving tax benefits for losing vast amounts of other people’s money.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 08:10 AM)
So, I don't have a problem with people being upset about these emails. Information that should have been protected went through a private email server, chosen by Clinton. She showed very poor judgment.

We don't know anything about these latest emails, though. So far the whole "scandal" is that Huma Abedin logged into her email on her husband's computer.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 09:50 PM)
Did you hear his segment on the N word? He was referring to the African American woman who said the word was for any male. So Rush said he could now use it. He was being a smart aleck but why racist? I prefer not to say the word. Yes I grew up hearing it from friends and relatives on the far south side but even back then I couldn't say it.

Please, go and use that word in front of a bunch of people and give the exact same justification. You're telling me it will be ok, that we shouldn't judge him based on that. Go out and prove it. Sarcastic usage is fine, you just said so.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 08:29 AM)
We don't know anything about these latest emails, though. So far the whole "scandal" is that Huma Abedin logged into her email on her husband's computer.

Not sure what that has to do with the post you responded to. I was talking mostly about the already-known stuff.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 08:53 AM)
Not sure what that has to do with the post you responded to. I was talking mostly about the already-known stuff.

But what the FBI was looking at could have been applied to her all the same had she used the .gov email address. It's unlikely they would have started the investigation, but it was clear the private server was not an attempt to remove classified information and hold it in her server, as the report even has a line that is vague, but seems to implicate that she did not start any of the chains with classified emails, and they were all coming from cleared personnel.

And to me, that's what is frustrating about this. The pressure to make this seem out of context like the biggest outlier in the history of the world. That last sentence means that other officials also were mistakenly communicating classified information in email. ANd it gets more convoluted with the continuous nature of throwing "EMAIL" in unrelated information and making it seem like one big pot of issues. And it's another part where the FBI director does this crazy stuff.

We know that the private email server wasn't even technically against state policy. We know that she wasn't the only one to use a non-.gov email.

So my criticism of her now that it's fairly clear that she did not avoid FOIA even if she had intended too, is she should be the example for all in state. She should not have been doing easier things that weren't the best things to do.

But that's not a historys greatest monster crime, and that's consistent with the FBI report.

She would bring her phone into the SCIF but would store it in a specific drawer. That's dumb! But it's clear that she was under assumption that solved it, and was not showing obstenance by doing it.

She had her email all in one, but had a team assigned to review work and private, showing that she did not go full Powell, and did provide the work emails to state.

It's "you can do better" but the idea that she is corrupt because she had the FBI investigate her is crazy. My whole life has been remarkably thin clinton conspiracies, except for one : Cattle futures. But that was in the 70s.

We have had her email leaked, her campaign chair's leaked, 20 years of investigation unveiling every part of their lives, and members of hte foundations leaked.

We know more about Clinton than pretty much every politician ever. And the most you can put on her is she should be more forthcoming about her non-illegal activities and that sometimes in private her team says things that aren't front and center in their campaign.

To be honest I'm not even sure she has anything as bad as buying a plot of land from Tony Rezko, she just isn't as good as Obama about letting the steam out of the pot and saying "here's everything" unless forced.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 07:59 PM)
Remember when Trump bragged about sexually assaulting women and then over a dozen women including some teenagers came forward with allegations of improper behavior and sexual assault?

BUT EMAILS!!

Hey, 'member when we had a President who acted the same way and abused his positions of power to sleep with women? Yeah! I 'member!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 09:02 PM)

It'll be replaced with, "it's because she's a woman and you're a sexist!"