**2016 TV Watercooler Thread**

Brian

Westworld was fine but man the security trying to shoot the robots in the westworld headquarters was james bond henchman level bad.

"Let me continue running up to you even though I see you have a gun pointed at me and never shoot" *gets shot*

"Okay well he was shot but i can get closer to shoot ...." *gets shot*

"Well they were shot because they weren't close enough" *gets shot*

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 09:49 AM)
Westworld was fine but man the security trying to shoot the robots in the westworld headquarters was james bond henchman level bad.

"Let me continue running up to you even though I see you have a gun pointed at me and never shoot" *gets shot*

"Okay well he was shot but i can get closer to shoot ...." *gets shot*

"Well they were shot because they weren't close enough" *gets shot*

Or the fact that lockdown meant absolutely nothing. The front door was still wide open. It would have been better if the power just shut off in the control room instead of the whole lockdown nonsense. At least that way it would have been believable that the people who knew there was a breach couldn't communicate the breach to anyone else, thus allowing Maeve to get to the train without much of an issue.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 10:58 AM)

Or the fact that lockdown meant absolutely nothing. The front door was still wide open. It would have been better if the power just shut off in the control room instead of the whole lockdown nonsense. At least that way it would have been believable that the people who knew there was a breach couldn't communicate the breach to anyone else, thus allowing Maeve to get to the train without much of an issue.

hahaha that too. There was a security lockdown that appeared to not affect any room except control. That all could have been executed much better, its one of those things where you wonder if the cutting room floor had some parts where the robots were the ones controlling the lockdown, but it was left out of the show

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 12:59 PM)
oh, unsupported speculation I just read:

what if Ford isn't dead? What if Delores shot his Host-clone, the one he was building in his field lab??

That would be amazing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 05:21 PM)
Just finally discovered it, but the BBC version of Sherlock might one of the greatest shows ever. It is so incredibly well done. I just love it. We binged all three seasons in about a week.

Just in time for the new season on new year's. Lucky you. I think the best part of British television, especially Sherlock, is that the episodes are long and they're done airing in a few weeks.

Oh and make sure you watch the Christmas Special The Abominable Bride.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 08:08 PM)
Just in time for the new season on new year's. Lucky you. I think the best part of British television, especially Sherlock, is that the episodes are long and they're done airing in a few weeks.

Totally. I mean I compare it to the Sherlock Holmes movies we had a few years back which are complete garbage, and I can't believe they are trying to tell the same story.

Whelp, nm on that idea about Ford.

IGN: Let me get out of the way, because it’s already been a theory from some fans - could there have been any host swap shenanigans or can you say that that was definitely the real Ford at the end?

Nolan: That was definitely a real Ford.IGN: Let me get out of the way, because it’s already been a theory from some fans - could there have been any host swap shenanigans or can you say that that was definitely the real Ford at the end?

Nolan: That was definitely a real Ford.

I hated the Christmas special but loved the rest, especially the wedding episode.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 07:02 PM)
Totally. I mean I compare it to the Sherlock Holmes movies we had a few years back which are complete garbage, and I can't believe they are trying to tell the same story.

It has been way too long since the last season. Can't wait for January to be here and for three more episodes. The show is fantastic (if you could call it a show...more like a long movie).

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 12:59 PM)
oh, unsupported speculation I just read:

what if Ford isn't dead? What if Delores shot his Host-clone, the one he was building in his field lab??

You know, I totally thought of the idea

that Ford was cloning himself (after finding out it wasn't Theresa), but I never thought about the clone being the one to take the bullet, just assumed robot Ford would take over. That's a great twist.

Oh s***, I didn't even know a new one had come out. Need to watch that ASAP.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 09:31 PM)
Whelp, nm on that idea about Ford.

IGN: Let me get out of the way, because it’s already been a theory from some fans - could there have been any host swap shenanigans or can you say that that was definitely the real Ford at the end?

Nolan: That was definitely a real Ford.IGN: Let me get out of the way, because it’s already been a theory from some fans - could there have been any host swap shenanigans or can you say that that was definitely the real Ford at the end?

Nolan: That was definitely a real Ford.

You know what is standing out to me in this interview?

He is asked, "was that

THE real ford?" and he keeps replying "That is definitely A real ford."

twice he says that.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:15 AM)
You know what is standing out to me in this interview?

He is asked, "was that

THE real ford?" and he keeps replying "That is definitely A real ford."

twice he says that.

I thought it might be a host Ford, but the whole point of getting Delores and the other hosts to sentience is to kill their maker. Then again, he might have a little problem letting go completely. So, I DON"T KNOW AND I DON'T WANNA WAIT UNTIL 2018!

So just binged Westworld the last few days. One question that I have:

How come no one knows Bernard is a clone of Arnold? I get that it is later in time, but only 30 years or so. There had to be plenty of people familiar with Arnold when they were opening the park...

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:02 AM)

How come no one knows Bernard is a clone of Arnold? I get that it is later in time, but only 30 years or so. There had to be plenty of people familiar with Arnold when they were opening the park...

Maybe Ford weeded them all out before he created Bernard. Wasnt there like a 10 year gap before he brought Bernard online?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:04 AM)

Maybe Ford weeded them all out before he created Bernard. Wasnt there like a 10 year gap before he brought Bernard online?

Could be but I still have a hard time buying. Hopefully they elaborate more on that next season

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:02 AM)

I asked the same question. Pretty weird.