OF Options

rhuesmann35

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Feb 28, 2016 -> 05:12 PM)
Not that it really means anything, but Scott Gregor believes our roster is pretty much set.

Would be simply inexcusable to have no backup CF and platoon partner for LaRoche. Hahn should absolutely be on the hot seat if that happens.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 28, 2016 -> 06:31 PM)
He knew the budget going into the offseason. Simply no excuses to not finish the job this offseason. Thankfully I'm confident Gregor is wrong and there's one more move left.

you make a point, the budget .... the budget is an internal one. we the fans really do not know what that budget is.

but fixing this team is important, i say that the job is not finished. the rollins signing was really not as important as finding a CF'er.

you got me stump on this post. the mention of the statement of the budget threw me for a loop.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 02:42 AM)
I really don't see how the Sox aren't bringing in someone who can atleast backup in CF now that Eaton isn't playing in the field until the season starts

Yep, shame on them if they think Shuck can be the replacement out there. Also a little perplexed at lack of platoon partner for LaRoche. Just hope Hahn has a plan cause the current projected roster makes no sense.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 28, 2016 -> 07:46 PM)
He isn't, but he's better than Avi for sure.

Defensively, by far. Offensively, they're similar but Avi has much more upside. I still think the Sox will bring in another OF, but I won't be disappointed if it's not Jackson.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 01:06 AM)
Austin Jackson isn't very good at baseball. He's not the difference between the Sox being a playoff team or not.

i really don't know about the advance stats, but for someone who doesn't know that, i look at his history of playing mlb ball. he is good enuf to get a starting bid, put up at least 400 ab's and nice stats.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/j/jacksau01.shtml

i guess i should ask what standard are you using to judge him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 01:43 AM)
Yep, shame on them if they think Shuck can be the replacement out there. Also a little perplexed at lack of platoon partner for LaRoche. Just hope Hahn has a plan cause the current projected roster makes no sense.

only from a money point of view.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 01:46 AM)
He isn't, but he's better than Avi for sure.

i am in agreement and i hate to say, this is funny.

I still think the Sox trade for an outfielder so who's left? Bruce, Jennings, Ethier, Crawford, Guyer, Gardner, one of the Astros outfielders. I'm really curious to see if the Sox stick with their desire for a LHB or are they open to a RHB now that Fowler is signed.

I still cling to some hope for Jackson but I get the feeling that the Sox are thinking 1-2 years for Jackson while Boras/Jackson are looking for more. I'm just guessing here and really have no idea if the Sox even have interest in Jackson. The price might still be high considering the Rangers had a need for a RH OF bat and signed a career SS to play LF for them and they gave up a pick. With Boras reputation, I wouldn't be surprised if the price is still high.

Which leads me back to the idea of the Sox trading for an OF or (gulp), stick with what they have. Unless the Sox genuinely feel Jacob May could be ready to be the backup CF at some point this season.

I'm thinking CarGo will be the starting RF for your Chicago White Sox. Not sure why... Just a hunch. Seems to fit into the 2 year window they have going on, he's a lefty who can bring in much needed run producing power. And similar to Frazier, the Sox have been linked to him for quite sometime.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 04:15 AM)
I still think the Sox trade for an outfielder so who's left? Bruce, Jennings, Ethier, Crawford, Guyer, Gardner, one of the Astros outfielders. I'm really curious to see if the Sox stick with their desire for a LHB or are they open to a RHB now that Fowler is signed.

I still cling to some hope for Jackson but I get the feeling that the Sox are thinking 1-2 years for Jackson while Boras/Jackson are looking for more. I'm just guessing here and really have no idea if the Sox even have interest in Jackson. The price might still be high considering the Rangers had a need for a RH OF bat and signed a career SS to play LF for them and they gave up a pick. With Boras reputation, I wouldn't be surprised if the price is still high.

Which leads me back to the idea of the Sox trading for an OF or (gulp), stick with what they have. Unless the Sox genuinely feel Jacob May could be ready to be the backup CF at some point this season.

i never thought of that ... interesting thought process.

how bout Daniel Fields-cf the sox got.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 04:33 AM)
Fields defense looks good but his bat leaves a whole lot to be desired. I'd take my chances with May over Fields any time.

really nice.

i had to look up the newly players on the team. that is were i saw fields name.

i am just looking at what the sox have internally.