Rick Hahn

FT35

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 03:10 PM)
You list Jennings as having the lowest ERA among the relievers in the last 30 days.. funny, that was the guy that got booed at the Minn game I was at, and was the main culprit in almost coughing up a nine run lead…. I guess the fans should have consulted their stat sheet before they commenced to booing..

We could go back and forth with this all day, boss…. Go ahead and trot out your ERA stats. I'll assume it was just an honest mistake on your part to not include the Sox pen…having the worst BB % per 9 in the AL. by far.. also, just a fraction of a percentage from having the worst WHIP in the AL….

So again you are going to substitute 30 days of numbers, for one person's performance in that one game you were at.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 01:24 PM)
The bottom line is that you're accusing others of cherry picking when you're doing the exact same thing.

I disagree.. I don't have an agenda other than to look at the Sox and the organization realistically, without rose colored glasses…I was the one that was called out for somewhat negative point of view concerning the Sox pen and their numbers...

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 01:24 PM)
You're also painting a pretty broad brush. Pretty much everything you're criticizing other posters for you're guilty of yourself.

Possibly.. But I think calling out fans for being whiny babies and irrational is totally out of line.. and disrespectful .. the colors on each individual brush are on opposite ends of the color spectrum...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 03:13 PM)
So again you are going to substitute 30 days of numbers, for one person's performance in that one game you were at.

C.mon man. I just had a nice venti Veranda at Starbucks. You're ruining my caffeine buzz

Beg pardon for disagreeing with you. Must of been that fit of irrationality and whinyness.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 04:02 PM)
Not to change the subject, but the subject of one of Hahn's worst moves -- the acquisition of Emilio Bonafacio, surfaced yesterday as Emilio was DFA'd by Braves.

Yeah that was a thud! What's even worse is that the Braves ended up with him AND Gordon Beckham!

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 05:02 PM)
Not to change the subject, but the subject of one of Hahn's worst moves -- the acquisition of Emilio Bonafacio, surfaced yesterday as Emilio was DFA'd by Braves.

How does a 1 year, $3 million signing qualify as one of the worst? I mean I get the guy sucked at all, but it had so little impact on the franchise he was released long before the end of the season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 10:17 AM)
How does a 1 year, $3 million signing qualify as one of the worst? I mean I get the guy sucked at all, but it had so little impact on the franchise he was released long before the end of the season.

I would agree that it wasn't one of his worst moves.

But wasting $3 million for no reason has an opportunity cost..that money could put elsewhere...the organization, certain bonuses, for example.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 09:17 AM)

How can this have "so little impact" on an organization you always *claim* operates under very limited resources?

Edited by Thad Bosley

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 11:36 AM)
How can this have "so little impact" on an organization you always *claim* operates under very limited resources?

If signing Bonifacio to a 1 year $3 million contract qualifies as one of Rick Hahn's worst moves ever, he will be doing pretty good. No question the $3 million turned into a gift to the Bonifacio family, but there are far worse moves made every season.

Interesting to note, when Bonifacio signed, the reaction here wasn't exactly negative.

$3 million in modern baseball isn't that much money. It also isn't $30 million to spend on a free agent OF.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 11:56 AM)
If signing Bonifacio to a 1 year $3 million contract qualifies as one of Rick Hahn's worst moves ever, he will be doing pretty good. No question the $3 million turned into a gift to the Bonifacio family, but there are far worse moves made every season.

Interesting to note, when Bonifacio signed, the reaction here wasn't exactly negative.

Well, you have to keep in mind Greensox feels trading for Freddy Garcia was a bad move, oldsox contrasts everything to the baseball mecca that is the Colorado Rockies, and Thad just wants to keep trolling SS2K5

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 11:56 AM)

In fact he was a big time favorite of Soxtalks for a signing, long before he signed.

You should just have a canned reponse to all post "JR sucks and will not allow this team to be good."

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 10:17 AM)

It was just an expression, Southsider. That's all. Sure, Hahn made worse moves that had a greater negative impact. Jeez, you take everything so literally. Maybe I should have said one of the worst moves of that year? That is probably more accurate. Still, it was a lousy signing, doomed from the start, a waste of $3 Million bucks and a roster spot for a guy who had no business on this team.

In summary, the signing of Emilio showed a profound lack of good baseball judgment. I saw that the Braves DFA'd him , so I mentioned it here in a very minor post, and you make a federal case out of it.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 01:50 PM)
It was just an expression, Southsider. That's all. Sure, Hahn made worse moves that had a greater negative impact. Jeez, you take everything so literally. Maybe I should have said one of the worst moves of that year? That is probably more accurate. Still, it was a lousy signing, doomed from the start, a waste of $3 Million bucks and a roster spot for a guy who had no business on this team.

In summary, the signing of Emilio showed a profound lack of good baseball judgment. I saw that the Braves DFA'd him , so I mentioned it here in a very minor post, and you make a federal case out of it.

You have incredibly thin skin for posting on a message board if you can't handle someone questioning a post like you made. Quit taking getting replies to inaccurate posts personally.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 01:50 PM)

Its funny that you have all of these hindsight opinions when the only thing you were worried about when he was signed was who was getting dropped from the roster. Not much about this profound lack of good baseball judgement a year ago

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 02:11 PM)
Its funny that you have all of these hindsight opinions when the only thing you were worried about when he was signed was who was getting dropped from the roster. Not much about this profound lack of good baseball judgement a year ago

It seemed the general consensus at the time was Rick Hahn and Soxtalk were on the same wavelength. Somehow those same moves became clear KW moves later. Now for some reason, Hahn is an idiot as well.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 02:11 PM)

Wrong. I did not like the Bonafacio signing from day one. Why are we talking about it? Because I mentioned that he was DFA'd this week.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 10:59 AM)
You should just have a canned reponse to all post "JR sucks and will not allow this team to be good."

ptatc, there isn't anyone who would disagree with your assertion here that "JR sucks". At least as an owner of a MLB franchise goes from a fan's perspective. You are absolutely right - he's been a complete disaster in that regard.

Edited by Thad Bosley