BA midseason 100

fathom

Before the draft (and these lists, I think, don't include the draftees), with Anderson no longer eligible, the system is pretty rough. Not hopeless - seeing a nice spike from some key LatAm names for example. The new draft is huge. There will probably 4 2016 draftees among the top 10 in the Sox system on our upcoming Midseason list, though that could go up or down by one.

QUOTE (staxx @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 06:03 PM)
Fulmer will be higher by seasons end if he continues his pace.

Collins/Burdi will be top 100.

Don't forget Adams if he can recover.

Burdi will not be top 100 unless he becomes a starter

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 12:50 PM)
Before the draft (and these lists, I think, don't include the draftees), with Anderson no longer eligible, the system is pretty rough. Not hopeless - seeing a nice spike from some key LatAm names for example. The new draft is huge. There will probably 4 2016 draftees among the top 10 in the Sox system on our upcoming Midseason list, though that could go up or down by one.

Also yeah, this. The latest draft is a huge shot in the arm for the system.

Yeah, this draft is looking pretty good. I know everyone is high on our first three picks, but I really like what I'm seeing from Call & Fisher. These guys are both having strong offensive seasons in rookie ball and I believe they rank 1st & 2nd in the Pioneer League in terms of drawing walks. Throw in Curbelo and a few other interesting players and there's a lot to like from this draft class.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 01:29 PM)
Yeah, this draft is looking pretty good. I know everyone is high on our first three picks, but I really like what I'm seeing from Call & Fisher. These guys are both having strong offensive seasons in rookie ball and I believe they rank 1st & 2nd in the Pioneer League in terms of drawing walks. Throw in Curbelo and a few other interesting players and there's a lot to like from this draft class.

A lot of us are high on the first five picks, Curbelo, and Hickman.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 12:25 PM)
They put fulmer on the list stating that most now think he will be a bullpen guy.

Reed always made these lists too when he was in our system. I certainly wouldn't guarantee it but there's a chance Burdi will be there. Not really sure why this list is depressing as everyone knew we'd have one guy on it once TA graduated to the Majors.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 05:42 PM)
Reed always made these lists too when he was in our system. I certainly wouldn't guarantee it but there's a chance Burdi will be there. Not really sure why this list is depressing as everyone knew we'd have one guy on it once TA graduated to the Majors.

To me, I think it's the lack of anyone that was in the system coming into the season doing anything to put themselves on the prospect map. Closest has got to be Jordan Stephens, IMO.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 12:42 PM)

Yeah if anything I'm surprised Fulmer is that high. There are no surprises, so it's not really depressing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 01:08 PM)
To me, I think it's the lack of anyone that was in the system coming into the season doing anything to put themselves on the prospect map. Closest has got to be Jordan Stephens, IMO.

There are a number of prospects whose stock has gone up. I'd put Stephens, Nunez, Ynoa, Thompson and Coats in that camp. But of those, only Stephens is a potential T10 guy in the system right now, with Nunez having that kind of ceiling for later maybe. Most of the higher-ranked guys from our Preseason list have either just kind of treaded water (Fulmer, Adams, Adolfo, Michalczewski, May) or fallen back (Guerrero, Engel, Danish, Hawkins, Clark, Alvarez).

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 10:50 AM)

I assume you mean Amado Nunez. Are there others? Cruz and Rodriquez are struggling at low A.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 05:53 PM)
I assume you mean Amado Nunez. Are there others? Cruz and Rodriquez are struggling at low A.

I don't think I'd say Cruz is struggling. He's a 20-year old with a reasonable K-rate, drawing a few walks, and showing some power in a stadium that is not conducive to it. He's a couple years younger than the average player in that league. If you want to look at core stats, his OPS went up by about a hundred points each month from April to May to June, so he's improving. And this while playing shortstop. I'd say he's doing pretty darn well.

Rodriguez yes, he's struggling a bit. I watched him play a couple games recently - he's quite raw, but there's a ton of athleticism there. He's 21, still young for the SAL too.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 07:58 AM)
I don't think I'd say Cruz is struggling. He's a 20-year old with a reasonable K-rate, drawing a few walks, and showing some power in a stadium that is not conducive to it. He's a couple years younger than the average player in that league. If you want to look at core stats, his OPS went up by about a hundred points each month from April to May to June, so he's improving. And this while playing shortstop. I'd say he's doing pretty darn well.

Rodriguez yes, he's struggling a bit. I watched him play a couple games recently - he's quite raw, but there's a ton of athleticism there. He's 21, still young for the SAL too.

Thanks, always enjoy your comments.