El Duque as set up man...

bighurt2719

its written in stone in my mind. el duce has to be our set up man. what a clutch performance. im supposed to be doing property homework for law school and im drinking wine and celebrating. I LOVE THE WHITE SOX!!!!

seriously though, we should have el duce as our set up man for the rest of the season.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
I have bashed El Duque all season, but he ate his wheaties and pitched his ass of tonight.  That performance alone was worth the contract the Sox gave him.

hell yeah, any other pitcher would've walked damon or graffanino, he was locating beautifully and threw 10 good pitches in a row...he was wonderful

Yeah he was worth his contract just with his performance today... that being said im comfortable with Cotts, politte, Hermy, El Duque all as the setup guy. But if bases loaded and no outs... we know who to call :P.

Also I think its pretty clear El Duque is going to keep his spot but what about Marte?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
Marte better be gone, I don't want Ozzie to have the option of pitching him again this year.

It might actually come down to who the Sox play.

Anaheim, Los Angeles Orange County Angels

Anderson, Finley and Erstad only tough lefties...but Politte might be able to get them out better than Marte.

Yankmees

Giambiotch, Tino, Posada(Switch) and Matsui is a little taller order as far as lefties go.

I really do not want to see Marte at all on the roster but leaving him off might not be an option. Ozzie has a tough call to make.

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
It might actually come down to who the Sox play. 

Anaheim, Los Angeles Orange County Angels

Anderson, Finley and Erstad only tough lefties...but Politte might be able to get them out better than Marte. 

Yankmees

Giambiotch, Tino, Posada(Switch) and Matsui is a little taller order as far as lefties go.

I really do not want to see Marte at all on the roster but leaving him off might not be an option.  Ozzie has a tough call to make.

Everyone on the sox get lefties out better than marte. It is actually a rather easy decision to make if you think about it.

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 06:19 PM)
its written in stone in my mind. el duce has to be our set up man. what a clutch performance. im supposed to be doing property homework for law school and im drinking wine and celebrating. I LOVE THE WHITE SOX!!!!

seriously though, we should have el duce as our set up man for the rest of the season.

His job is long relief and he did it to perfection tonight. PERIOD.

Everyone on the sox get lefties out better than marte. It is actually a rather easy decision to make if you think about it.

I think Marte will be sent packing for the next series and McCarthy will get his spot. Afterall, what good is a lefty that can't get lefties out? Hell, Marte can't get anyone out. He either throws a 2-strike meatball and gives up a hit or just walks the guy.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 12:42 AM)
yeah but i think that changes in the postseason.  He is probably one of the best postseason pitchers in baseball history.  He was in Yankee history that's for sure.

If you're strickly talking about the post season, I'd rather leave Bobby in the closers role and keep Duke as a middle reliever.