All Activity
Past hour
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Apparently not so useless for the Guardians.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
I used to think Plesac would be good...but the more games I listened to him...the less excited I would be about him coming into the Sox booth! His over the top stuff just comes across as so forced!
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
And that's fine. I want someone with knowledge of the game.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
That's where we respectfully disagree.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
I actually think a "cookie cutter" PBP guy would be an upgrade over a non-baseball guy like Schriff at least
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Enjoy whatever recycled PBP guy the sox bring in. Turn on a MLB game and for the most part you get the same sounding home team PBP guy. It's all cookie cutter and we can't handle when someone doesn't fit that mold. I loved Hawk as a PBP guy because he was unique and different, even Harry was different. Most of the PBP guys are white dudes (not trying to turn this into a race issue) who are very similar in how they sound and go about announcing baseball. We need more uniqueness if the younger generation is going to enjoy watching a game like many of us in our 40's, 50's, 60's........do.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Found Schriff to be miscast as a baseball broadcaster and really got annoyed as to how he repeatedly moaned about how cold he was during his broadcast of home games in April and May which made him sound like a softy and probably caused some who were considering going to a game to not go due to his warnings of how they’d be cold. That’s not how real baseball fans or in particular south siders roll. As Bill Veeck always said “there is never a bad day at the ballpark”.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
I think Lips friend's JR comment about the Schriff not being a baseball guy is pretty telling as well. And it begs the question, how , in a media market as big as Chicago, do you not have a baseball guy calling games for your baseball team? I guess he works really cheap. He's probably great at slam ball. They could have him call the Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest; he would excel.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
I would have preferred the Rangers personally but you're right.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Sox are playing the worst team in the playoffs by record. Still salty about the division but you can't ask for a better draw.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Probably all we need to know is that his contract is up. If the Sox thought he was worth a damn as an announcer, he would have already been resigned.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Wow - AI is spitting our own discussion back at us? I guess it's official
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
I wonder if there are any SlamBall openings?
Today
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Each of the last 2 seasons, Brooks Boyer made it a point to say the Schriff would return. This year crickets. He gone.Get out! Yeah buddy.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
That was pretty cold from Stone Pony…
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
I enjoyed/enjoy Schriff's calls. I hope he is not leaving but if he is then is better not be Connor McKnight or someone like him.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Yeah buddy.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
The Rays having to go through Boston or New York first instead of Cleveland's path of having to defeat two teams with much worse records in Houston and the Sox feels even more disadvantageous. Plus, they're suddenly facing hostile as hell road games as well in the ALDS.
-
Are the 2026 Sox a success regardless of making the playoffs?
Funny stuff
-
Colson's future with the team
I agree with you 100%
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
- Wild Card Round Discussion
I can't see owners willing to give up 4 home games. I would wager that if MLB did go to a 154 game season, they would expand the playoffs.- Wild Card Round Discussion
"Why you should root for them: This year's White Sox are easily the most root-worthy team in the playoffs." The White Sox are just the type of young exciting team that I would root for if the Sox were not involved.- Wild Card Round Discussion
One thing MLB can do is go back to a 154 game series freeing up more time for the playoffs. So many useless games are being played in late September anyway.- Wild Card Round Discussion
I guess because they were a Division winner and we were just a WC. - Wild Card Round Discussion