Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. He's got really good stuff, outside of Hagen I think I'm most excited about Sandlin as a future rotation piece. Definitely need a short leash with him if he pitches this week though so there is no repeat of the Detroit game a couple weeks ago.
  3. guessing he will only go 3 max
  4. nice, I was hoping they would start sandlin
  5. Yeah, Sandlin has looked really good. Just keep him on a short leash. He has a tendency to look good then everything falls apart.
  6. Well well. Look who decided to crawl out of their hole and show face. Get the hell out of here! But agreed. Sandlin will shock the world with a dominant start.
  7. Feel like if that ever happens it will be down the line when Ishbia takes over Not sure who would take over for Schriffen doing PBP going forward, I like McKnight in the sideline role but not a huge fan of him calling games. Sox need to find someone like Milwaukee has with Brian Anderson (not the former Sox OF). Electric calls when the time is right and very knowledgeable of the game. I actually really like Adam Amin when he calls baseball games but I don't know if he would do a fulltime baseball schedule when Bulls season ends on top of his national broadcasting duties. Rumor was Jerry didn't like Benetti having so many other outside obligations but I don't believe that's the actual reason he wasn't brought back. Other thing with Amin is I believe he's a Cubs fan but that probably doesn't really matter that much since he's such a pro.
  8. Sounds like ill be going to game 2 so that's at least a good pitching matchup.
  9. Sandlin has been getting LH batters out really well since his last call up. 0.93 FIP and +11 K/9 is awesome, although obviously small sample size. I’d rather roll the dice on him leading things off for us this post season than Fedde.
  10. Harry and Jimmy were the best. They were entertaining and they both knew a great deal about baseball. Hawk was fun when things were going well but was insufferable when things were going bad. His last couple of seasons were terrible. I never cared for Benetti. Too much of a nerd and too silly. Schriffen is definitely not astute when it comes to baseball, but I found him a lot more entertaining to listen to than Benetti. I actually enjoyed hearing his "Yeah Buddy!" and "Stand Up Southside!" calls because he was so enthusiastic and I found them funny in a good way. Not saying he was a great announcer, and the Sox could and should do a lot better, but I'd rather see him stay than bring in another boring guy. Someone suggested Kasper and DJ moving to TV. I would love that. Kasper is a competent PBP guy and I always found DJ to be a very likeable personality and he also knows his baseball. AJ Pierzynski is the guy I'd like to see in in the Sox TV booth some day, probably as the analyst. Plesac is okay, but please keep Gordon Beckham away. All just my personal opinions.
  11. We are stronger against RHP than LHP, so that’s one plus for us. My ideal lineup this week would be the following. Figures below are wRC+ vs. RHP on a full season basis and then just the last two months. S. Antonacci, LF (132 | 107) K. Teel, C (117 | 135) M. Vargas, 3B (126 | 138) M. Murakami, 1B (138 | 82) A. Benintendi, DH (105 | 78) T.Peters, CF (125 | 133) B. Montgomery, RF (117 | 120) C. Meidroth, 2B (90 | 71) C. Montgomery, SS* (78 | 49) Need to be careful with getting too platoon crazy once the Astros move to the bullpen. Antonacci & Peters have been hitting LHP fairly well as of late and shouldn’t be pinch hit for unless it’s late in the game and ideally with multiple guys on base. Braden is our weakest player against LHP, so the leash can be shorter there. Grichuk should be saved for biggest PH opportunity against LHP and not just Benintendi’s replacement. I actually hope they find a way to keep Pham on the roster to PH for Andrew if the time comes. Doyle should be late game defensive replacement PH option for Braden if Grichuk has already been used. Acuna should remain as mostly a pinch runner weapon and defensive replacement if one of the stronger RH bats pinch hits for Colson.
  12. Hey you are a great guy ! I finally tried this and I am now able to use Soxtalk from my phone. I just did it. Wasn't sure Id be able to figure it out but I tried it first on Firefox on my PC for a trial run then applied what I learned to my phone. I must have Soxtalk in dark mode since it's all black with white font. THANK YOU ! Guess I'll find out if it's viable every day as an alternative to https. EDIT Looks like my DNS SERVER is default Cloudflare. 30 minutes ago if I had seen me talking like this I wouldn't have thought it was me. Thanks for the tip and education !
  13. is this official? Peter Lambert did pitch 2 innings yesterday so I would assume he wouldn't be long for a game. We have to win game 1 to have a chance IMO. Brown and Wesneski are tough pitchers
  14. Sandlin starts incredibly strong before tailing off it seems. Just piggyback them. Just need guys who can get outs throughout the game. All hands on deck whenever needed.
  15. I'd like to see them go to a 3 man booth - get Gordon, Plesac and AJP to be more engaged to better transition for when Stoney retires plus allows good flexibility for the crew.
  16. Why can't we be one of the three worst teams ever to win a World Series? Let's small sample our way to shocking the world, starting with Ron's guy Sandlin getting lefties out for the first time all year... then a good old fashion Sean Burke shove fest. Just stopping in to say Go Sox! Nothing I'd enjoy more than listening to hundreds of people and talking heads tell us how we didn't deserve to win it all this year!
  17. Doyle has a .235 xwOBA since joining the Sox, yet here we are talking about how the White Sox have transformed Doyle and he's now a win of the trade deadline. He has that despite the majority of his at bats coming against lefties with the Sox, who he's historically hit much better than righties, but with the Sox he has a .278 xwOBA against lefties which is absolutely terrible. Yes, let's celebrate Getz for acquiring a DFA candidate with his 0 walks and 33% K-Rate in nearly 100 AB's with the Sox. There wasn't a single good move at the deadline and it's why we're now playing a wildcard series.
  18. Soooo why not let Fedde go in game 1? Really gonna trust Sandlin in the playoff opener….eek
  19. I think he looks anxious. Like he is trying to homer himself out of his slump on each swing, and he is out in front of a ton.
  20. I honestly couldn't tell you the last long term broadcaster he was partnered with he didn't look down on.
  21. We do have the better team now. Hope that translates into actual wins, but it's a better feeling than 2021. I went to Houston for those games, but had the gnawing knowledge in the back of my mind the whole time that they outclassed us in every aspect of the game.
  22. especially at that band box. which now plays into our hands more. we are winning this series. we have the better team.
  23. God that team used to be terrifying...when Yordan Alvarez was the young, up-and-coming guy just added to their pile of mashers.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.