All Activity
Past hour
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
If Schiff is gone how will I know who has the green light on 3-0?
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
I mentioned him yesterday who I thought would be a possibility and two posters didn't even know who I was talking about when I just said Smith lol
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
He has had three days rest which he hadn't had much of lately so I think it is a solid move to hopefully give us 2 innings. I assume if he is struggling with a control they will have Sandlin or Fedde ready to go
-
Staff work with Doyle
The average division lead the last nine days of July was 1.83 games up... They were hardly dead in the water, more looking forward to 2027, unless you're talking about missing Murakami's bat.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
So who had Hagen Smith? Buncha insider wanna bes
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Hagen is a dog. Ride and die with your guys. He goes 2 scoreless and we win. Book it.
-
Staff work with Doyle
They played slightly above .500 ball from June 1 on. Not sure what you're doing.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Why didn't he show any of the hits?
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
I wonder who follows Smith? Fedde? Just figure out a way to win game 1 and give Burke the ball to dominate in game 2.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Brown might get 10+ k's except for Braden go's
Yesterday
-
Staff work with Doyle
But but but they were in first place for most of July and the June schedule was arguably more daunting... that and fact nobody even knows the fate of the 2027 season
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
can they stop pounding the ball into the damn ground ffs
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Picking my kids up from daycare/in-laws house and being charge of them most evenings, it’s definitely not ideal for me lol the 1pm would have been so much better
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
is Sean Burke's twitter @topshelfburkey? I'm assuming it's him, but he doesn't have many followers and will literally respond to anyone who talks to him lol- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
2 hours later would be ideal so I don't have to try and get off work early and have time to eat dinner and settle in for the game. Any playoff game not being at evening/night is frankly stupid. Networks not wanting to show concurrent games is just bad for the fans. Yeah they will get more people who want to watch every playoff game, but actually lose some fans during the day games because they couldn't get off work or what have you. Also they should be catering to the fans of the team itself and not these people who watch every baseball game. I'm sure there's orders of magnitude less of those people then there are people who watch every football game.- Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
It was someone with another team and it was money.- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Newcomb and Hudson have both been even more vulnerable...house money, house money Astros still have reached 9/11 playoffs and just missed last year by one game at the end.- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
I think this is a mistake, he been walking more and more batters recently, and next to giving up hits in the first inning, that's the last thing you want from your starter/opener well let's hope he can command his pitches. I wanted Sandlin honestly- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
I bet the early bird crowd loves it.- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Hagen is clearly the best reliever on the team, but having him start game 1 of the playoffs is a big ask for a rookie.- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/article/mlb-playoff-power-rankings-2026-from-the-astros-to-the-dodgers-which-teams-are-ready-to-go-on-a-world-series-run-015615445.html Sox are not 12th lol Still prefer veteran Newcomb opening, but it's whatever...- Staff work with Doyle
There's also Tristan Peters putting up a .271 OPS in the 15 games after the All-Star game that made Getz look for a Plan B in CF. The whole team actually turned into a pumpkin in early June, which probably made the FO a bit more risk averse when it came to supplementing this team at the expense of the farm.- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
- Staff work with Doyle
Also I do not give a s%*# how advanced stats say Doyle is doing. We're in "ride the performance aberration" territory now. I'll worry about those advanced stats next year and see if his approach changes bear fruit. - WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread