Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. I'm not saying they should.. just interesting context
  3. True. But I don't remember Guardians players calling out their fans for lack of support.
  4. The Guardians had 26-29k last year for their WC day games. I'm sure if the Yankees played at 1pm and it wasnt a big rivalry like the Red Sox they would have smaller numbers too, or not since New York has so many people.
  5. Astros players blast their own fans for booing, not showing up to playoff loss https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/7644992/2026/09/30/astros-loss-game-1-fans-frustration/ “The fans here are definitely spoiled with a lot of ALCS and World Series runs, and we have to earn that right to bring this team back to that position,” reliever Bennett Sousa said. “That being said, when this team was in their first (playoff) series 10 years ago, Minute Maid Park was probably packed. It makes a big difference. If we were in Chicago, it’d probably be loud as s—.” “I’m not going to lie to you, I was pretty pissed off in the dugout when I came in, about the boos,” Sousa said. “This team has laid a lot on the line to be in this position to give the fans a playoff game — a playoff series. We want their support.” It looks like the Braves only had 30k at their playoff game yesterday. The Yankees (who make the playoffs almost every year) had a packed house and so did the Padres (who have made the playoffs 5 times this decade).
  6. Yeah, patience and fouling pitches off is gonna be huge. Can't let Brown go more than 5, which is what he's been doing in most of his recent starts.
  7. One of the hidden benefits of last night is that if the Sox get to tonight's starter at all - and that includes just running high pitch counts for 4 innings - the Astros will have to be really creative with the front end of their bullpen. The Sox did very well against 4 of their 11 postseason pitchers last night and the Astros had to throw 8 guys total. I feel really good about the overall approach the Sox had at the plate. Sam really set the tone on being dialed on the zone and making sure he usually went deep into the count last night. We definitely want that to continue.
  8. I thought that Steve Stone sounded very good on the broadcast working with Tom McCarthy (Phillies announcer) - I really like the announcer pairings that I've heard in all of the series thus far.
  9. I can still give you a nice recap of every game of the 1959 World Series.
  10. Tonight we pop bottles!!!!!
  11. I want ron to start every game thread for the next four and a half weeks 😉
  12. I popped out of work to watch game 1 at Billy Goat on Illinois. The place grew quiet when Edgar Martinez hit his HR off of Foulke in the 10th inning. The Cub-fan bartender was ringing the bell behind the counter for it. Then Olerud went back to back. One guy yells out, "f***!! That's your name, Keith f***!!"
  13. Yeah those 3 are great. I’ve been to 16 of the current parks and my top 5 are Petco, PNC, Oracle, Wrigley (fight me) and Fenway. Honorable mention to Coors.
  14. I was 14 and cry played on my drumset after Edgar Martinez hit that home run off Foulke in game 1. I was so upset, my poor drums felt the wrath that night
  15. Astros fans don't feel good about Brown today, probably overreacting bc of last night, but they think the Sox will draw a lot of walks against him
  16. Can you imagine if he were the Sox shortstop now?
  17. I looked at the Astros playoff roster and it dawned on me that Okert wasnt on it. He is still hurt. Hader is the only one in that pen that is scary, everyone else is shaky. I am assuming they put Wesneski in at some point today as well, or Lambert.
  18. Reminscent of the Twins' post season streak vs Yankees 15 or 16 in a row Yes, Brown will be tough...
  19. How do the Yankees always end up with these ridiculously dominating pitchers when they draft so low every year.
  20. He stepped on home plate while bunting. He's a cheater, too.
  21. Despite the best season since Barry Bonds' 2004...PCA's 2026 season "is also just nine innings away from being over. And not just that: It’s nine innings away from another quiet playoff exit, something that may start to feel like part of PCA’s permanent record. After an 0-for-3 night (with a walk) in Game 1 -- including two strikeouts that had him growling at third-base umpire Bill Miller over check-swing calls -- he is 5-for-30 in his postseason career, including 0-for-his-last-11. Obviously, those numbers aren’t reflective of the year that PCA has had, or the player he is. But if he and the Cubs don’t turn it around on Wednesday, he’s going to have a long autumn and winter to try to remind himself of that."
  22. Unfortunately we were one of those 3. Job's nowhere near done. Still gotta be locked in.
  23. Today

  24. These teams have been to the playoffs the majority of the past decade. I can see why fans wouldn't want to go on a weekday afternoon. It's not like they haven't seen this before.
  25. Hoping Taylor has a similar career to King, minus the trades of course. Elite pen arm to elite closer to elite starter.
  26. Here’s something that’s hard to believe but true: ***The Astros lost their eighth consecutive postseason home game on Tuesday, going back to Game 2 of the 2023 ALDS.*** Don’t forget: This is a team that won a World Series four years ago, their second in the past 10 years. But it’s also worth remembering that this Astros team isn’t the Astros teams we’ve grown used to seeing. They’re now four games under .500 at Daikin Park for the season. (And, ahem, one game under .500 anywhere for the season.) All the reasons the Astros have struggled this year were apparent in Game 1: They were short on pitching and they couldn’t put together much offense outside Yordan Alvarez. mlb.com and Alvarez 5/24 against Sox So WC G1 winners are now 21-3 winning three game series going back to 2020

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.