Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. biggest question, who starts the gamethread? do we have stats on who won the most?
  3. I am comfortable stating that would never happen, he is far too much of a cubs fan boy
  4. The White Sox have not named a starter. If I was to put money down I would bet a lot that Sandlin does not start.......he may pitch in the bulk but it will be a opener.
  5. AJ would be fantastic, but he's got a good national gig going where he doesn't work as much. Would he really want to call 162 games a year? Stone, AJ and Randazzo would be a great 3-man booth if that was an option. Especially with Stone doing less games now a days.
  6. Caulfield is posting AI Slop Fake News Bullpen game for Astros. TBD for Sox.
  7. I'm good with it like this. Basically its the what have you done for me lately 2 best pitchers. Sandlin and Burke both pitch great in their last start. Maybe a blister problem or I heard something about DMart's calf the other day. Feel like he's held together by duct tape these days. His last outing did nothing to convince me otherwise. They're mostly hoping Sandlin can go 6 have the lead when he comes out and pitch you best RP's to get a win in game one. It's a tall order but nothing comes easy if you want to advance.
  8. Yep, I thought AJ was on this current ownership group's persona non grata list along with Big Frank, Black Jack, and I want to say several others.
  9. Are we required to give any notice by the league? Seems better to just keep them guessing.
  10. I'd just IBB him most of the time. Don't even waste 4 pitches nibbling. Hard to walk him if men are on base but with 2 outs I would. Depends on a few other things too .
  11. Look if there was a pay feed to hear Ozzie's thoughts live during a game, I would be all over it.
  12. I say put mics in front of Chuck and Ozzie during the broadcasts and let whatever happens happen.
  13. I like it. Last four series of the year against a team from Houston, a late-surging Cleveland squad, Boston, and a team from LA. (Just a slightly different order)!
  14. the yahoo article isn't official?
  15. I'd be totally shocked if they called up any of them especially McDougal since he walked the world in his only appearance. The bullpen started to get better once guys like Hagen and Hicks stopped walking so many guys.
  16. Excellent question - is this from an actual source or more copy/pasted AI slop?
  17. None of our pitching matchups have been announced yet. It was a prediction posted as fact and now everyone's runnin with it lol.
  18. Sox have been pretty steady one way or another since the bad start ended. They rarely have any momentum winning or losing. Unfortunately the bad string of games when the Sox got to 9 games over .500 made then drop to only 2 games above. They recovered to go 7-3 in their last 10 to finish 6 games above but that bad stretch along with Cleveland having a really good final 35 game stretch going 24-11 was our downfall for not winning the Division. Hitting went through a bad stretch, pitching too with fatigue/ minor inuries being a factor. Colson still in a huge slump. It's been a while since Peters and Antonacci hit a HR. Beni ended his little HR drought in the last game and Mune has leveled up finally. I just don't feel as strongly about hitting RHP as I used to. But I think it's improved against LHP with Grichuk still being crazy good and Doyle surging. Not sure Pham will make the playoff roster for the Wild Card series since Houston is a RH starting pitching dominant . Some guys are just going to have to step up. Seems like when we lose in the playoffs the hitting falters most. But if we can win some close games while scoring 4-8 runs we have a shot to beat them. Our relief pitching has to hold a lead once we get one.
  19. My local listing has every game but the Sox and Cubs......tomorrow. Hopefully I can get the radio stream from MLB.
  20. Davis Martin.... oh boy
  21. Astros will be going with a bullpen game for game 1.
  22. If you're using 3 starters (no bullpen games) and it's a short 3-game series anyway, do you carry 9 relievers (12 pitchers total) and an extra bench bat like Pham the first round?
  23. But they do for OOM playoff games at times.
  24. @ron883 you got tomorrow. (and hopefully at least a few more after that!)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.