All Activity
Past hour
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Me too, it could prove to be important Saturday night.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
It has. Texas in 2015 was the last time.
-
Fire Chris Getz
There are 15 losing teams in baseball and the White Sox played every one of them, I called out 2 of them outside of their own division. Not exactly cherry picking.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Guardians only have two starting pitchers they trust in the playoffs.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
They certainly can, the question is will they? The Sox deserve credit for taking advantage of circumstances to produce an unexpectedly good season for them, no question. But to potentially urinate away a 2-0 lead in a best of five? That would be hard to take, it's only happened a handful of times and I don't know if it has ever happened when you won the first two games on the road. That would be a crusher.
-
Fire Chris Getz
Historically, Jerry has opened up the pocket books following playoff appearances. We've had at least one big expenditure per off season: 2001: Wells, Clayton 2006: Thome, Vazquez 2020: Lynn, Hendriks Even in 2021, they spent, they just spent it poorly. I don't like the guy but I think it's reasonable to expect they will spend in the offseason. Traditionally they have following playoff appearances.
-
Fire Chris Getz
If playoff game money is what Jerry wants, then he is even worse at his job than we thought.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
- Fire Chris Getz
I'd genuinely like to see every team's record if you remove multiple losing teams from their schedule. It's like when people say "take away this winning streak, and this winning streak, and this one -- other than those their record wasn't very good."- “The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
I was half expecting this to end with “I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”- Fire Chris Getz
This team went 33-19 against their own division and still couldn't win it largely in part because they went 44-57 against everyone that wasn't an AL Central team, the A's, or the Rockies. Nevermind the CBA issue looming, there are massive question marks on this roster and over the organization. Colson Montgomery hit .163 with a .557 OPS in the second half, Mune hit .185 but at least he had a .750 OPS. Tristan Peters came back to earth in the second half. Can you count on him to be a guy who is going to push 4WAR next year? I can't. I like Sam Antonacci, he's not an outfielder. They still are going to be rostering that bum Benintendi who can only play DH and doesn't have the bat for it. They have Vargas and Meidroth and that's about the only two players you can probably feel really good about. The pitching, that's a whole mess itself. I feel like the acquisition of Castillo was their idea of spending money on next years team, just half a year earlier. We know how that is looking currently. I don't expect them to make any truly meaningful signing money wise. There's just a ton of questions. It doesn't take away from what the 2026 team was able to accomplish, but in no way am I ready to assume this is now a contending team and were in for another great season in 2027.- Fire Chris Getz
This isn't true. He did add to the team. He tried to add players under control mainly. It was a failure. Look at the pieces Cleveland traded over the deadline. They didn't give up anything special. However they traded mainly for rentals instead of getting cute and going for players that can be "fixed". It's paying off big time. This series is likely over without those pieces.- Fire Chris Getz
Why look at the forest when you can smash your face against a single, dead tree?- ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
I found it weird how spooked the Guardians and their fans (on Reddit at least) got while up 4 in the 9th. Like yeah, we almost got the tying run on, but they had their lockdown closer and their #2 starter pitching. The odds of us tying that up were still really low.- ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
I'm glad they did that.- ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
I found it strange too. Obviously they know their staff a hell of a lot more than I do but I did find it weird in the moment.- ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Jesus christ, man. Yeah, and the Guardians could lose, too.- ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Heard AJ earlier saying it was weird they used Cade Smith and Game 5's starters when they were up 5 late in the game or whatever. I know there's a day off tomorrow but still- MLB Proposes 154-Game Schedule, Best of 7 Division Series
More than likely.- Fire Chris Getz
Very true especially considering the uncertainty of what the new CBA will look like and what restrictions JR puts on things especially given the cost of starting pitching.- ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
"If" is the biggest little word in the world.- ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Officially No opener tomorrow. Sean’s game.- 2026 NFL thread
Man, that hits hard.Today
- Fire Chris Getz
Dude, they won 84 games and beat the only team in MLB history to make the post season without a winning record. If they can win Saturday and somehow make it to the World Series, then we can start talking about historic. I agree that its stupid to call for Getz to be fired after this season, but this thing isn't even close to turned around until they show they can repeat it next season which to me, is a major if at this point in time all things considered.- MLB Proposes 154-Game Schedule, Best of 7 Division Series
So the Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox, and Cubs will be playing a lot of Monday games. - Fire Chris Getz