fathom

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 11:55 PM)
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling that Ozzie wants to see Juan Pierre leading off in CF for the Sox next year.

thats because Guillen is so impatient with his young players. All he does is praise Crede but i dont think he realizes how long it took him to get this good offensively at the major league level.

i dont think theres anything wrong with him saying BA doesnt automatically have the starting job for next year though.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 10:55 PM)

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling that Ozzie wants to see Juan Pierre leading off in CF for the Sox next year.

We have one Podsednik.

He'll likely be traded.

I don't want a marginally better Pods in CF.

Brian Anderson > Juan Pierre.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 11:04 PM)
Ozzie is full of crap. It was his crackpot idea to put him in vs. lefties only and now he's b****ing because he needs more AB's. He needs to be faster? What kind of s*** is that? What the hell does he want out of Brian? He's been doing good lately, what more does he want damnit?

I'd suspect a bit more power.

But you won't get that from Juan Pierre.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 10:55 PM)

He's like Dusty with young players, maybe even worse. Fortunately, I don't think long term Kenny will stand for this bull s*** with the younger players, but God is Ozzie an idiot or what??

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 11:13 PM)
sounds spot on to me. Why the f*** should Anderson be guaranteed anything? He's dead weight in the order and Ozzie's putting him on notice and doing it with confidence in his ability.

Poor Brian. Ozzie's picking on him. Boo f***ing hoo.

I have no problem with him letting Anderson know the job isn't his, but the fact that he said he needs to be faster?

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 11:13 PM)
sounds spot on to me. Why the f*** should Anderson be guaranteed anything? He's dead weight in the order and Ozzie's putting him on notice and doing it with confidence in his ability.

Poor Brian. Ozzie's picking on him. Boo f***ing hoo.

I'd like to see him "pick" on Pods or Garcia the same way. Ozzie is full of s***. He clearly plays favorites. An idiot can see how much Brian has evolved during the year. An idiot can also see what a gifted CF he already is. If Brian is not our starting CF next year -- I'm done with White Sox baseball until Ozzie is fired.