Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Wasn't Glennon a pretty early pick?
  2. QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 04:35 PM) Allen was not good last year. Nice sack stat, but overall impact on pass rush was piss poor. Will be interesting to see if better utilization or maybe getting healthy over the offseason could get him going again. I sure wouldn't want to invest much, though. Guy has been a sack machine. I presume its a short term 2-3 year deal with low risk as you can probably cut with minimal impact in future years. I'd be all over Allen. Then you can draft a young end to play as well and have a solid rotation so the guys are fresh. I expect Melton to be signed on the inside. If they could somehow sign Melton and Allen, wowza. That Dline would be a major upgrade from the one the Bears had most of the season. Still other holes on D but hopefully they can do a decent job on that in the draft (and monitoring the waiver wires).
  3. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 12:06 PM) They can't win close games and really have a tough time shooting 3s. I don't know what is going on with Aaron White. He disappears for long stretches. This is the first year under Fran the Hawks didn't significantly improve as the season went on. Hopefully it isn't a new trend. And hopefully Fran's 13 year old son will be OK. http://hawkcentral.com/2014/03/11/fran-mcc...earns-of-tumor/ Terrible. Best wishes to the McCaffery's and their son.
  4. QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 01:30 PM) @RUSSLANDE @AdamSchefter - I think Brandon Weeden could end up as @ChicagoBears backup QB as Coach Trestman worked closely with him leading up to Draft. I can get behind that.
  5. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 10:56 AM) A senior Malaysian military source is claiming that they tracked the flight for an hour after it disappeared from air traffic control screens. He claims that it turned and the last sign was near the Strait of Malacca, which is on Malaysia's western coast, or the complete opposite side of the country that they have been searching. http://www.haaretz.com/news/world/1.579123 any more truth to this?
  6. Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m Bears have agreed to terms with S Ryan Mundy on a two-year contract, team announced.
  7. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 01:32 PM) So the Bears signed Houston and have yet to cut Peppers? I presume they will wait until Houston signs (but it will happen in the next day or so). Not like you have to be under the cap yet, just need to be under the cap by a certain date (IIRC).
  8. QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 01:16 PM) Not familiar with this guy. Is this a good signing? Bennett would have been better but he's pretty young and has gotten better each year. He's shorter then a typical end and heavier. Not what i'd call an explosive pass rusher, however, he's great against the run.
  9. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 01:12 PM) Hahaha. To be fair, he will help shore up the run defense too. That was brutal last year. He's great against the run but I still expect him to be able to generate a pass rush. I'd like to add another DE (and this draft isn't the place to find one early), which means I'm targeting Ware or Allen or some sort of veteran pass rusher who can generate the process to play opposite him.
  10. QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 8, 2014 -> 06:49 PM) Iowa's effort on defense is so sad. Not quite sure what happened to them. Don't ask me. So disappointing down the stretch. That said, that disappointment can turn with a good showing here on out. They clearly have the talent.
  11. QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 08:38 AM) Started today son. Not yet; It doesn't start until 3 PM EST.
  12. Sounds like the Bears people should have shut their mouths. I hope this stuff was coming from Bennett's camp and not the Bears. I can see why Bennett would have done it as I don't blame him for wanting to stay in Seattle (and this probably helped get Seattle serious enough). I'd have taken him at that contract. Very fair deal.
  13. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 8, 2014 -> 07:17 PM) Jackson wants what Riley has going on. The credit without the work If Phil ends up in NY, Melo isn't coming to Chicago.
  14. Condolences to the Reinsdorf family.
  15. That was a pretty well documented rumor on Soxtalk from what I recall. I had forgotten all about it.
  16. Hell of a performance by the Bulls last night. Its why I'd be livid if Jerry didn't realize how good he has it with Thibbs and did anything to piss Thibbs off. This off-season needs to be about finding talent and making Thibbs a happy camper. Jo was impressive, same with Jimmy and Taj is just beasting.
  17. Chisoxfn replied to greg775's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 26, 2014 -> 01:26 PM) Flying overseas, biz or 1st class is a HUGE bonus when you can get it. Domestic flights it is a lot less value IMO, unless you are going coast to coast maybe. Anything overseas, it is a huge huge plus. The service is very very nice. Its what I safe my miles for haha.
  18. QUOTE (Jake @ Feb 26, 2014 -> 10:25 AM) Seems like the state is only not governable if you're a Republican like the petitioner Its a f***ing disaster. 6th largest economy in the world and its ruined by moronic legislation and incompetent boobs who run the state and my vote will never matter cause its so far blue it isn't even funny. Last time the state was decently ran was under a republican and its been a long time since that happened and no, i'm not counting the governator. We will continue to hand out fat pensions and spend beyond our means and then keep asking the people of the state to pay more in taxes for benefits private sector employees could only dream of, why, because those sort of benefits are not sustainable and not necessary (especially when you also pay far more then the private sector).
  19. Chisoxfn replied to greg775's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 26, 2014 -> 07:57 AM) Except then the peons take all of the overhead space, and the first/business class people paying top dollar for tickets won't have that. My favorite and only enjoyable part of business travel is when I've flown first / business (which is rare and our companies policy is only for flights over like 5 hours, which will happen on ocassions from the west to east coast). I really don't understand how an individual could pay a full first / business fare though (or logically justify the cost). Only way I'm ever doing it on my own dime is with my points. And that doesn't mean I enjoy flying, its just a lot less tiresome of an experience because you have space and service and somewhat edible food.
  20. Chisoxfn replied to greg775's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 25, 2014 -> 07:01 PM) Planes that have assigned seating should board back to front. At least in the normal cabin. Takes so long to board the plane because the family in row 15 has to unload all their crap up top, into the seats, then finally get in, while everyone else behind them waits. Repeat over and over and over. It's the most inefficient process. All for 5-10 minutes of boarding earlier? What's the rush? You know you have a seat, and rarely, if ever, have I seen them not be able to take everyone's carry on in the bins or in the closet. Are you guys really seeing that happen a lot? It's the funniest damn thing, every time. People rush to line up way ahead of their group being called, then bull rush to get in...all to sit there and wait some more. Things would be so much more efficient if they just boarded a few rows at a time, back to front. I've never given a s*** if I'm in group A, B, C, D, whatever...we're all going to the same place, I have to wait on the plane a shorter amount of time, and I have a seat waiting for me. Now a days, it is crucial to get your carry ons on (more often then not the compartments get full so you really do need to get on board that plane early). The airline will let you check for free but since I'm traveling for business, the last thing I want to do is chance my luggage getting lost and/or spend anymore time at the airport waiting then I need to.
  21. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 25, 2014 -> 08:20 AM) It was the norm back then to value companies based on an idea with no execution. Nowadays you have to at least have 100 mil in revenue in my industry to think about IPO. It takes a lot of success to reach 100 mil in annual revenue. Thats the main difference I see. Idea companies arent getting valued at billions of dollars. And revenue means zilch without ability to have margins and actually make sustainable profits. Look at what companies would have to actually do from an overall performance perspective to sensibly be worth what the multiples are, etc. It is impossible. Maybe one of them pans out and becomes some huge thing, the rest will come crashing back down to reality. Again, I'm not saying they will be bad companies.....no no no. A lot of these are very good, sound companies, what they aren't are 20B companies and companies that are going to become mainstays on the fortune 100 lists, fortune 500 lists, etc.
  22. QUOTE (Jake @ Feb 25, 2014 -> 07:13 AM) It seems to me that cloud storage should have wonderfully high margins if you want it to How and Why? I think some people are missing on the concept that there are minimal barriers to entry in the space. You charge a lot and have fat margins and people will enter the market relatively easily. I agree that the marketplace for cloud is pretty big, but the ability to make fat profits and support the P/E ratios and multiples that this stuff is getting traded at is impossible. You also have companies that have major concerns still about the overall security of the cloud. I won't go into details about it, but it is a real issue at some very very large companies.
  23. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 25, 2014 -> 07:06 AM) Thats kind of the norm these days for start ups. You are putting every single dime back into dev and your people. We arent profitable but we are going IPO and will have a nice valuation. Tech companies are like that. It was the norm back when the last tech bubble happened to. Doesn't make it a right decision. Same thing with the housing bubble.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.