Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 06:17 AM) I think a guy with Shippley as a name should be fired. He does nothing but b**** about the coffee and fill up the garbage cans And when he's not b****ing at the hospital, he's b****ing on the internet to 1000's of other people.
  2. QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 06:03 AM) Honestly, yeah, he probably should have toned that down a little bit, but I don't see it as that big of a deal. His overall point of course will be lost but he is absolutely right. And of course since this is Ozzie the media will probably make a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be. We have a manager encouraging people to beat up fans if they talk smack in public. Now lets say Jenks or Konerko or Quentin or whomever gets drunk and a fan rassles them for a bad time and they punch them in the face. Oh well, my manager said it was ok. Clearly it isn't ok and he should keep him mouth shut. You should not condone violence. It would be one thing if Rios was physically threatened but he was not physically threatened, not at all. And I'm not saying what those fans did was ok, but don't condone violence Ozzie. And maybe I'm a little harsh on this, but I think this is one of the worse things Ozzie has ever said publicly. A guy many kids look up to is encouraging violence.
  3. Kirk Hinrich and Derrick Rose have been huge as of late. And of course Noah as well. Come on Bulls, kick some ass tonight and clinch!!!
  4. http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/soxnet/201...usly-ozzie.html I realize he is defending Rios, but dude, this doesn't look good, not at all.
  5. Bahahaa....and what about me, who was like the 5th person in and office of a few thousand. Oh well...to China I go in 2 days.
  6. Chisoxfn replied to retro1983hat's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (longshot7 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 01:15 AM) He's not dead - he's in the promo for next week. They insinuate he will die in the previews but I doubt it is him that Sayid shoots. Very interesting how in the end of all the people, Desmond tries to kill alternate Locke. However, it would appear that he doesn't do it until after island fake locke tries to kill him, which again shows just how intertwined both realities are. I'm glad I was patient with the alt world because it is starting to be badass.
  7. Chisoxfn replied to retro1983hat's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 09:02 PM) I actually thought it was the most entertaining hour of the season. Putting an episode like that was perfect after the intense Desmond episode. Hugo was kicking some serious ass. I can't say it was the best, but you can see that s*** is about to hit the fan on the island. Desmond's episode kicked it all off and I like Hugo in general.
  8. Chisoxfn replied to retro1983hat's topic in SLaM
    Oh man, finally saw last weeks episode. One of the best Lost episodes in some time. Gave me goosebumps.
  9. QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 04:54 PM) I'm really not sold on that. The scouts were just bashing his stuff this Spring (not just what we heard in the press). It wasn't his fastball they were worried about, but rather his slider was being thrown at a different plane. I really do hope it works out for him in Chicago though, so by no means am I giving up on him yet. You do realize he pretty much never throws his slider in the spring. I heard an interview with Peavy where he mentioned that he threw less than 15 sliders all spring, so I'm hard pressed to see how scouts could make a judgment on his slder.
  10. QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 04:47 PM) so thus far out of peavy...hes been throwing low 90s, not mid 90s, and he's not getting the movement on it like we saw last year....not good His movement looked pretty damn good against Cleveland.
  11. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 03:48 PM) Wow, thats a big loss. Yep, he was looking like he was going to be a darn good player. Right now everyone in Iowa is pretty optimistic that the recruits who re-opened will still stay at Iowa, but than again, a week to week and a half ago, it looked as if everyone was going to stick around and play for coach Fran.
  12. QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 03:24 PM) Larson has already asked for his release and I have heard rumors Fuller might be on the way out. Those are really big losses. But if Battle stays in the draft it won't matter because PSU will be by far the worst team in the conference and that is saying something with how bad Iowa and Michigan are likely to be. Ya, for a while it sounded like they were all going to stay and now it sounds like some guys have re-opened there committments and losing Fuller will be huge.
  13. Titans did well this weekend, taking 2 out of 3 at UCI. Record improves to 18-12. Hopefully they keep this up. Pitching seems to be figuring itself out and the offense has heated up. Titans lost the opening game on a walk-off. They re-enter BA's polls today at #22 in the country. I'm hoping they will continue to climb as the season progresses and when the post-season is done they will stand alone as National Champs!!!
  14. QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:07 AM) RIP Palm: Palm Said to Tap Goldman, Quattrone to Find Buyers They have a very nice patent portfolio that I am sure a few companies would love to own. They have a ton of debt and a failing mobile unit. The company is toast, but someone might by them for some patent and some other miscellaneous stuff, but Palm as an independent company is done. There recent phones have been epic failures and there OS just doesn't compete with the Apple OS, Blackbery, Windows or the Android based phones.
  15. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 10:40 PM) The minor league opening day thread was booming last year. What a difference a year makes. lol. Nice to see some of our top prospects getting off to good starts. Real good to see Escobar have himself a night. We were all taking part of a live chat on FutureSox!!!
  16. I'd recommend doing it on a Monday or Tuesday where more people would be available.
  17. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:19 PM) I think I dislike Urban Meyer more than any other figure in college or pro sports. Well, actually he and Coach K are right there: complete assholes who not only think success means they can do whatever they want, but also have convinced themselves they aren't assholes, while also pretending they are holier than thou and don't do the same shady stuff all the other top programs do. Complete joke. How is coach K an ahole? He seems like one of the good guys in coaching or at least comes off that way.
  18. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:27 PM) Who cares? You've got the runner on 3rd with less than 2 outs. I'd take that situation over any setup with the guy on 2nd. Hell, I'd take Kotsay batting in that spot. A weak ground ball wins the game. Ya, but everone is just assuming it is easy to steal a base. Pierre is awesome and I think you might give him a shot to steal the base, but I understand the call too. It isn't just easy to steal a base, no matter how fast or good you are at it. And you can't just steal them on command either.
  19. QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:26 PM) I'm surprised you guys don't realize it's up to our players. Man on second, one out ain't bad odds. A good team gets the single and wins it. Exactly, say what you want, but this team will have at least 2 shots at the win.
  20. QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:23 PM) Yep, that's why you don't bunt. Even if you stole the base and than bunted...they'd still have walked Quentin and there is a shot they'd have walked Paulie too to face Andruw Jones.
  21. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:21 PM) To face the hottest hitter on the team? But he's also a massive double play possibility.
  22. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:21 PM) What is the point of having a leadoff hitter who can steal a base if you always just bunt? Sometimes you bunt because it is the safer play. I'd think about sending Pierre but I can't get too pissed at this move because it is a solid move. Maybe not the best move given how solid Beckham is, but there is no guarantee he steals the base. It isn't like this is the dumbest possible decision ever made. Torre, LaRussa probably make this move, same with Bobby Cox. Scioscia would too. 4 of the best in baseball would so why am I gonna rip the s*** out of Ozzie for doing it?
  23. QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:20 PM) It's not going to work with this team. You're taking the bat out of the hands of our best overall hitter. I'm fine bunting if Pierre's on 2nd with no outs. I'm not saying I'd have done this with Beckham up, but I understand the logic in it and I don't think its a terrible move. Now we have 2 guys up (2 of our 3 best bats) and all it takes is a basehit by one of them and we win.
  24. Good baserunners can steal 3rd easier than 2nd and I'd think about letting Pierre go if he has the opening.
  25. Why wouldn't Ozzie bunt. He did it last time and in this case we need a run and he'll do it right here.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.