Everything posted by SoxAce
-
The Finer Things In Life
QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 08:36 AM) Becoming at least somewhat knowlegable about your adult libations is just an occupational hazard, so no doubt we all get a little more educated over time. Don't sell yourself short even now - if you are approaching alcoholic beverages with any desire to know something about them and not just a desire to get buzzed, you're already more comitted to the process than most people. Wine is the one thing that I mostly go along for the ride on. I very much enjoy wine, but I admit that there are nuances to wine appreciation that I don't think I can ever really get. Man... Is it sad that I knew around 75% of the wine mentioned in this thread, and I've drank some of the stuff for years, and I'm barely turning 23? Though I must say I'm still learning as far as wine but I was once never a fan of it back when I was 12-17 years old in the prime of my drinking, calling it a really old/rich people's drink. Then again.. I was exposed to alot of s*** as well.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 03:18 PM) Merriman was getting together with Tila Tequila? Really? Didn't know that either, I thought she was with Ray J. Kinda interesting to say the least with those two.
-
The Official Put the Voodoo Devil Curse on the Tigers Thread
QUOTE (3E8 @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 03:34 PM) Abolish this thread ^^^^^^^^^^
-
If we go on a 20 game win streak
Looks like the dream is over boys. Wite's girlfriend will be left unpleased once again.
-
9/6 Sox v. Sawks - 1:05 CDT CSN/TBS
Prior to our last win (Aug. 28th) before and during the winning streak, we are 4-0 when Dye is out the lineup and 1-5 when he's in the lineup. Not saying that means anything but it's crazy a record. Also I know why we lost. Damn Jeremy started the game thread. We were 4-0 or some s***, when Tommy started it.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
This is great. Dye's face was hilarious. The players are really having fun and letting loose it seems. Gavin Floyd.. the tale of two years. 2008:17-8 3.84 ERA 33 GS 206.1 IP 190 H 107 R 88 ER 30 HR 9 HBP 70 BB 145 SO 1.26 WHIP .309 OBA 2.07 K/BB 3.05 BB/9 6.32 K/9 8.29 H9 2009:11-9 3.84 ERA 28 GS 185.0 IP 168 H 85 R 79 ER 21 HR 2 HBP 56 BB 160 SO 1.21 WHIP .297 OBA 2.86 K/BB 2.72 BB/9 7.78 K/9 8.17 H9
-
If we go on a 20 game win streak
QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 11:18 PM) ... maybe when you're older.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 10:52 PM) You know, the X words perplex me often. Zzzzzz.... that's what your post do to me Jeremy.
-
9/5 Games
Robert Vaughn. All he does in his Kanny debut is go 2-4 HR, 2B, 6 RBIs. Hell of a debut. Nice outing for Santos Rodriguez as well.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE (quade36 @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 06:32 PM) 14 and 0 at the cell this year, 15 and 1 overall. don't worry guys going to the game tomorrow. Wow.. :o I also vote that Tommy makes every game thread from here on out.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 04:13 PM) Kindly they gave us witesoxfan. Quite the misconception. He's from South Dakota.
-
Neftali Feliz
Texas sees him as a future starter and I agree completely. They need more young, up and commers (well pitchers entirely) like Feliz.
-
9/5 Games
Shoemaker so far 1-1, R, BB Gerst has homered. Hynick looking good early on.
-
If we go on a 20 game win streak
If we get to 5, I'll start planning the usage of mileage, To 10, I'll start putting a ton of gas in the car, to 15 I'll make that call to wite to let him know I'm comming (with directions map quested) and his girlfriend will be there for me, and 20 I'm making that trip to South Dakota with my video camera.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
Gavin.. man has he come a long way.
-
Maybe it wouldnt hurt to keep Freddy Garcia around after all...
QUOTE (IamPabloOzuna @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 11:58 PM) trade the farm Why is that in green?
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 11:52 PM) Anyone who ever said she is prettier then her sister needs to be smacked! Alex (Aboz) would hate you if he still posted here. I know there are a couple other posters here who love her as well (athomeboy? though I know you LOVE Kristen Dunst ) (Steve?)
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 06:32 PM) I've watched the SD that airs tonight...Mysterio/Morrison put on probably the TV match of the year. I'm glad I caught that match as well. Even though I'm not a fan of these "new" wrestlers out now, I gotta say John Morrison is gonna be a star very soon. Kid is just insanely athletic and very entertaining to watch. (doesn't hurt being paired with Mysterio too. )
-
And That's a White Sox Winner!
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 10:33 PM) Thome dissappearing and Mertrodome Mash made them click? Seems the new guys/kids are having an impact as well. It seems the sox just don't give a f*** anymore, and every T.V. shot they show, it seems all of them are having fun, pulling pranks, and are just playing. Kinda cool to look at the sox roster and see alot of 1980s+ born players are on there.
-
9/4 Games
QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 09:01 PM) 2 homers for Lee Cruz, 2 homers for Justin Greene. Brady Shoemaker hit a homer as well...off Heath Rollins. I'll be damned. Actually I'll be damn W-S's anorexic offense scored 10 runs. Nice to see Brady have a homer. I think many here will keep an eye on him next year. Gartrell is on fire. Charlis Burdie has had a great season. I would think he should be rushing through the system (same as Bellamy) next year. Hector Santiago will be an interesting relief spect to watch in Birmingham next season. I'm also hoping my boy Heavy D (Dan Black) gets it going as well in Kanny. He's 4-10 the last 3 games so I'm hoping he goes on a little streak. His discipline is just terrific, but he needs results. So far so good though in September. And wow.. someone actually got Escobar out.. :o Ends his hitting streak. OT: But Jennings goes 7-7 yesterday and then today goes 0-5. Ah I love baseball.
-
And That's a White Sox Winner!
Is this what you call a winning streak? Play the kids.
-
Rock Eras
Any of them before the 2000s are good for me. It's a shame I'm still pretty young and I hate what music has become in the 2000s on for every type of music. It's sad. Just no originality/creativity/etc.. anymore. 90's, 80s, 70s I still listen to unless my uncle is around and he'll pop some 60s in there which I like as well.
-
Red Sox @ White Sox, 7:11PM, WCIU
That's alot of speed in that lineup.
-
Red Sox @ White Sox, 7:11PM, WCIU
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 03:44 PM) I think they're going to give him a nude poster of Carlos Gomez during the 4th innning.
-
If we go on a 20 game win streak
If we won 20 games in a row, I would personally drive to South Dakota and bang wite's girlfriend.