Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (rockren @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 05:57 PM) You're probably right...but I'm still glad they weren't on the team this year. I agree with this as well.
  2. QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 05:51 PM) I agree with Fathom For a team that was coming off a division title with expectations to do it again trading a starting OF and SP and getting nothing in return to help your MLB team was not very good. And yes, im aware we cleared salary and got prospects. I have to agree with this. Though I don't agree with Gilmore from fathom. He's really improved his hitting after a terrible start and his defense isn't nearly as bad as earlier either.
  3. For the 600th time... Holliday = Bora$. Not happening.
  4. I don't think Pods will be back next year. Just a gut feeling.
  5. You and your weak attempts M Hizzy..
  6. After this horrid season for our sox, glad I'm gonna see some Bears football tonight (even if it's preseason).
  7. Very likely the bottom part of this thread title will say "Game of the Year" sooner rather than later at this point.
  8. QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 09:40 PM) FWIW, Dex has let up 17 runs in the same amount of time it's taken him to get 7 outs. Ya been keeping an eye on him. I have no idea what those SD coaches are telling him or doing to him, but it isn't working.
  9. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 09:31 PM) Worth noting...Richard's ERA in S.D. is 5.22 since the trade. It's also possible he could have spent the rest of the season in Chicago doing his best Contreras impression and had his value go down too. I think Dex was struggling with the Pads a bit too. I know about Richard. Hell his numbers on the road are bad, and his numbers at Petco are amazing as of now so he's been up and down, though he had a nice arm and you can't fault other posters for liking a guy who actually threw harder than his scouting report suggested. And from what I hear, they are tweaking Dex's mechanics over there in Fort Wayne though not 100% sure on that email. And he's still very young, though I woulda loved to see him still with our guys continuing to work on that changeup.
  10. QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 09:23 PM) It was a trade more for next year and KW said as much. Might have saved my boy Dex from bein dealt with a bit less asked for in the offseason, (though that could irrelevant too) but Heads is right. Were set for next year especially considering Contreras and others will probably be gone. Think of it as signing Peavy in the offseason to a nice contract. Hudson will also save some pain as well, especially for Richard who many here liked.
  11. Eduardo Escobar went 3-5 2B, R His August has been sensational. Somewhere danman is beginning to jizz. Brent Morel got his ops up to .800 in the first game though that might go down a touch after the second game. Dash are playing a doubleheader.
  12. It'll be interesting too see how Nunez does when he gets called up in September (has a real good arm). Might be a good sign having a kid (who IMO is ready) pitch for us next year, out of the pen making the league minimum. I like him and Link, whose had some bad luck this year though still has a nice K/IP. QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 10:10 PM) And start planning on how to get rid of all these bullpen guys except for Bobby and Carrasco and Thornton. I'd honestly be shocked if Bobby is with us next year.
  13. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 09:51 PM) Very disappointing showing from him this year. Well he is one year removed from Tommy John. It's usually like this for any player yet alone a spect to struggle the following season. I would say next year we'll have a better idea on how to evaluate him, but he's got to get another good pitch somewhere as the slider he ditched (which also destroyed his arm) was his best pitch. Wow.. Viciedo.. He's come a long way. Can't wait to see how he does in the AFL.
  14. Damn.. sometimes Kenny being too overaggressive can also be a weakness when your putting all your chips in the deck. Hopefully Rios and Peavy can have a very good 2010 for us.
  15. Wow.. even most of the posters here could have hit that pitch out.. 5 games back and falling.
  16. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 09:12 PM) Ozzie throwing out the book, using a lefty against two of the game's top 5-10 RH power hitters. Bout f***ing time. QUOTE (DonkeyKongerko @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 09:15 PM) Wind lol QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 09:15 PM) bless that wind. I missed it.. what happened?
  17. IMO, tomorrow's game will probably get rained out anyways. It's suppose to be brutal in New York weather wise, unless they plan on starting much later.
  18. Jon Gilmore's average up to .270 and rising. Johnnie Lowe is making a habit of getting destroyed.
  19. QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 08:58 PM) Linebrink pitched a scoreless inning? WTF? He can get 3 outs.. Thing is Ozzie tries to leave him in for a 4th, 5th or 6th out.
  20. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 04:18 PM) That's why I bust out laughing (I laugh at the Cubs regardless) when their short bus fans and others try to blame their terrible season on injuries. NOBODY has had to deal with more on the injury front (and as you mentioned, the terrible Adenhart tragedy) then the Angels have. I think the only team that should have a right to b****, and so does their fans is the Mets. I can't even fathom losing what they did and still trying to compete. Just terrible luck. Then again.. choking down to the wire against the Phillies every year wasn't helping either.
  21. Quite frankly... it isn't no.. but it's a nickname. as I'm giving my best Steven A. Smith impersonation.
  22. Obviously MHizzle85 isn't your real name.
  23. Torres will probably be a future reliever, especially with his short stature. Sweeney could be a steal for TB if he develops and develops into that power but he's a while away. I'm just shocked that the Rays didn't get more actually. Kazmir might be a classic change of scenery guy. He is proven, though his head is in a Gavin Floyd like crossroads.. but he still has the stuff. All in all, I love this deal for LAA. High risk, high reward potentially.
  24. SoxAce replied to PeavyTime's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (Tex @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 02:05 PM) While I think the team possibly could benefit from a fresh face and approach; he certainly does not deserve the level of blame he receives here. This. I wouldn't shed one tear if they fired him, but at the same time, he isn't as bad as people think or want to believe he is.
  25. QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 12:43 PM) AJP says "Hello!" FTW

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.