SoxAce
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by SoxAce
-
PTC Sunday July 10th, 2011
Konerko.
-
Jeter gets #3,000 on a HR
Amazing. And I'll bet every one of them was clean. (before anyone else brings it up) Congrats to the future hall of famer. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:05 PM) I'll never understand the hate for Jeter. Ditto, though I'm jealous that he got to bang so many beautiful Hollywood woman.
-
Jerry must be so proud
I'm just glad it wasn't Getz that ratted him out.
-
7/9 Games
QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 08:02 PM) Just an FYI, but someone on here recently stated that the exact plan was for Flowers to be the back-up catcher next year, so this is a good audition for him. I believe it was docsox. (and if it was, he has some of the best sources around) BTW, Shoemaker continues his torrid pace.
-
What trade would you make
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 07:06 PM) So you would give Danks $75-80 million and 5 years without blinking? That's just a notch above Mark's current salary. If Danks wants 4/56, yes. I don't agree with JR on alot of things, but I do agree that I'm not a fan of giving pitchers 5+ year contracts. You've got Beckham, Sale, Viciedo, Santos, Alexei (I would keep him cause of his contract) all under control for cheap plus the prospects you'd acquire (even if only TWO pan out).. I would think even this org. can work a budget around that. Like I've said for the 1,000th time though.. I view Danks very highly on this staff (more than others here, the same way Jason views Gavin Floyd)
-
What trade would you make
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 06:56 PM) SoxAce, you can't keep Danks around and pay him superstar money....not with Dunn, Peavy and Rios still on the payroll. This is going to have to be a return to the pre-2005 thinking again. How can they split/allocate resources so you can get 4-8 players to contribute for the same amount of money you'd pay Buehrle and/or Danks. You've also got to make a decision about trading Carlos Quentin to free up more salary room, because he's one of the most tradeable assets in the current market for power hitters. Reed better have some totally nasty, dominating stuff that you would project him over Santos at this point. 17/20 save conversion rate is about as good as Bobby Jenks ever put up for us. But yeah, if you build around the core of Konerko, Beckham, Ramirez and Viciedo, that's a pretty good start. And we've got some new pitching assets in Humber and possibly even Hector Santiago, along with Sale. Christian Marrero seems doomed to the same fate as David Cook and Maurice Gartrell with our organization. Well thats why this thread is "what trades you would make" which obviously most of the moves won't happen (hell I agreed with nite about a firesale, and that is NOT my M.O.) And Christian just doesn't have a spot to play yet (which couldn't be said with Cook when there was like 3 spots open with players not hitting) Like i said though, I view Danks very, very highly. Thought he was a stud prospect back in the DVD days in Texas. Unless he wants 80+ million, you move him, but if he makes Buehrle money, I'd keep him. Obviously if Peavy, Dunn, etc.. are still here, you buyout Peavy's last year on his contract, and see what Dunn does next year to help his trade value IF you were to trade him. And s***, totally forgot about Sale. Yea.. you keep him too.
-
What trade would you make
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 06:23 PM) Honestly, if this team doesn't plan on letting go of the coaching staff outside of Don, then I blow up the entire thing. You probably wouldn't be able to move Dunn. You have an outside chance at moving Rios. Danks, Buehrle, and Humber(if you can get someone to overpay for him) Konerko, Beckham, Pierre, Pierzynski, Quentin and Rios also gone. I want Viciedo up and I want to obtain the best prospects by far. Not even positional fits, but literally, just the best prospects we can get. This. Though I'd try and build around Beckham (give him tape to go back to the gap to gap, OBP stud he was comming up through the system/half a year in the bigs), Danks (give him Buehrle money, though I view Danks potential highly than others, still only 26) and Viciedo. Everyone else can go. Ideally, I would still keep guys like Konerko (don't really have a stud 1B in the system barring trade from another player for prospects, though I like Marrero even with Kotchman-like power) Quentin (move him back to LF, Tank to RF) and Santos (though I think Reed is the future) I'm not opposed at all to see them gone. I'd give Dunn another year as well. (He ain't nearly this bad) And of course.. I'd offer whatever Beane wants for Gio back. (I love Gio. )
-
2011 Minor League Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (LayelBurton @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 03:10 PM) Andre Rienzo to DL I wonder how serious it is. He left after one inning the other night. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 03:13 PM) I was really high on Trout in that draft and IIRC he was my guy who I wanted the Sox to draft. That said, I had zero problem with the Mitchell pick. And no one knew Trout would turn into arguably the best prospect in baseball. And you know I was right there with you. I was "meh" on the Mitchell pick all the way, but I LOVED the Beckham and Sale picks at the time. Still do if the sox were to have a do-over.
-
2011 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 08:34 AM) Insert standard "Everyone else calls up top prospects, but the Sox don't have a spot for Viciedo" post here. No for Trout, you'll see more "Why the hell did we pass on him for Jared Mitchell" post more.
-
Catch All Anything Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:41 AM) Yeah, that would be much less hot. Yet, still hot with the right kinky mentality...
-
2011 Minor League Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (LayelBurton @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 05:16 AM) Update: Ouch. Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery.
-
WE DID IT PAULSTAR
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 05:58 PM) Last year was Swisher. Has Jeter EVER been in the final vote? No. Jeter is god. QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 06:00 PM) I remembered that it was Yankees players that beat out Sox guys. Maybe it was Swisher. I think you might be thinking of Matsui.
-
PTC Friday July 8th, 2011
King Kong.
-
Relationship Advice Thread
QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 12:35 AM) My relationship is with The Chicago White Sox. She's a cruel mistress. I can't believe Jason and Greg thought you were being serious. I actually thought you were talking about (or highlighting about) this thread and some of the posters basic concerns/problems/questions.
-
NBA Offseason Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 12:24 AM) I predict after one more beer I vomit. And I'm sure, you were as usual, wrong on that one as well. (even if you don't want to admit it) *Probably took you 2 beers. *
-
um....HELLO....7/7 thread????
Jesus Dexter Carter.. what did SD do to your head kid. You dominated this league just two years ago. Oh and here is Birmingham's box score. http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...mobaax_biraax_1
-
Relationship Advice Thread
QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 10:16 PM) Went better than I could have imagined. He told me to go for it. Called her and got a yes for the date. Pretty much knew it. And good job on your part as well. And happy to help anyway I could for ya Kj.
-
um....HELLO....7/7 thread????
Brady Shoemaker's progression. April: .295/.357/.420/.778 May: .301/.333/.485/.819 June: .333/.454/.573/1.027 July: .391/.576/.565/1.141 (so far) Kid is ready to make the jump if there's an opening.
-
Sox scouting Brandon Beachy
QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 06:51 PM) Anyone else concerned that Beachy is a huge flyball pitcher? So was Gio and I still feel we should have kept him.
-
fire walker
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 09:13 PM) Well then I assume you believe our lineup is league avg. Because if you think they are better, than the hitter need to improve and since they've been under achieving, the axe falls on the coach. Nick Swisher agrees.
-
7/6; White Sox vs Royals; WGN
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 06:33 PM) The Phillies have the best record in baseball. Clearly Ross Gload is one of the best players in baseball. Dude.. Ross Gload is god.
-
7/6 Games
Mitchell with a nice night. Myrtle Beach has 19 hits to W-S 9, and JUST tied the game in the 9th. Alot of runners LOB.
-
Is there any way to dump Dunn and get Pujols?
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:21 PM) This isn't even hyperbole. This is more like bolehyper. In typical Steven fashion might I add.
-
Sox scouting Brandon Beachy
QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 05:22 PM) http://mlb.mlblogs.com/2011/07/06/white-so...antas-pitchers/ Mark Bowman of mlb.com seems to think the Sox are definitely scouting Atlanta's pitching but he hints that the Braves would be more interested in Pierre than Quentin. What? God I hope it's Rios that they are interested in. That would be amazing.
-
Relationship Advice Thread
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 12:05 PM) That's probably the worst advice. If I found out one of my friends was nailing my sister and didn't even have the balls to tell me (and it will come out eventually), I'd be really angry. And I'm talking about violent angry. That is why I put in parenthesis "and I mean serious hush hush." Obviously it is extremely risky, but it can be done if the girl is game. Hell, I've seen cases which the friend never found out or even cared later on. Depends on the person too, but it is risky. QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:05 PM) Another one of his friends and his roommate at the time dated her when he was in college and they are still good friends even though it obviously didn't work out. Hopefully he will be ok with me going out with her as well. Her and I have done nothing but discuss that we would like to start dating and decided to not do anything more without me having a chat with him. I'm pretty confident he will be ok with it, but I am nervous. The last relationship she was in she got engaged to some guy he absolutely hated after dating for three months, so maybe he would feel better with me? If it's been done before, then your in very good shape. Let him know (kind of pick his brain a bit) and you will be fine. That certainly helps.