Everything posted by SoxAce
-
4/29 GT - Sox @ Rangers 1:05p CDT - CSN & MLBN
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:20 PM) Wish your mom the best! For sure. Shes in recovery now. Glad shes fine, hopefully no complications but I think she should be good to go. Just waiting on the call to go up to see her.
-
4/29 GT - Sox @ Rangers 1:05p CDT - CSN & MLBN
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:19 PM) Another steal. Please Ozzie...make him our leadoff man! I still don't understand why he doesn't run Beckham or Alexei like this (though alexei really doesn't get on so he won't count yet) Hell even Teahen can give us 10-15.
-
4/29 GT - Sox @ Rangers 1:05p CDT - CSN & MLBN
Alright guys ima head out. Hopefulyl we can get a win here.
-
4/29 GT - Sox @ Rangers 1:05p CDT - CSN & MLBN
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:17 PM) His error turned into 2 runs. He had an error? Did not know that as I just glanced at his ABs on gameday. So I guess he and Pierre are tied then.
-
4/29 GT - Sox @ Rangers 1:05p CDT - CSN & MLBN
QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:16 PM) 3K's for Teahen today, great. But had a Walk. He still did better than Pierre today.
-
4/29 GT - Sox @ Rangers 1:05p CDT - CSN & MLBN
Konerko and Danks.. neck and neck between them for our April MVP.
-
4/29 GT - Sox @ Rangers 1:05p CDT - CSN & MLBN
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:11 PM) Wild pitch, with Kotsay running home, catcher throws to the pitcher (who now is at home base), Kotsay is safe, ball goes to the dugout Aj scores. Thank you Blaze.
-
4/29 GT - Sox @ Rangers 1:05p CDT - CSN & MLBN
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:11 PM) I'm watching the game using an MLB At-Bat free trial. It's pretty damn cool. http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?g...&mode=atbat Ya I'm at the hospital, so I won't online long.
-
4/29 GT - Sox @ Rangers 1:05p CDT - CSN & MLBN
Ok what happened?
-
4/29 GT - Sox @ Rangers 1:05p CDT - CSN & MLBN
QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 03:03 PM) it's hard to adequately describe my dismay with pierre. And I'm a fan of his And it's easy for me. Always hated his game. Thought I would hate him less this year though. Looks like he's proving me wrong.
-
4/29 GT - Sox @ Rangers 1:05p CDT - CSN & MLBN
Looking at gameday. Good to see Beckham have a decent day.
-
4/29 GT - Sox @ Rangers 1:05p CDT - CSN & MLBN
Did Ozzie bunt with Alexei with Pierre up next? If true... wow.
-
4/29 GT - Sox @ Rangers 1:05p CDT - CSN & MLBN
keep up the quick updates guys. I'm at the hospital now for my mother's surgery (Rush computers). Really appreciate it.
-
If you're KW, who's on your BIG BOARD to replace Ozzie?
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 01:23 AM) I also am a huge Joe Maddon fan, but obviously that isn't really an option. As am I. Which is why I mentioned Martinez, who is being tutored under Maddon right now. Maddon is a saber guy too. He isn't perfect (who is.. but he has his faults more-so on bullpen/pitching situations) but he is really, really intelligent.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 04:33 PM) Feels good thay I won't have to watch Kevin Payne miss hits anymore since he doesn't know how to or attempt to tackle ever. He is much better than Bullocks though and younger.. which I don't get unless we are saving money...
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
Ima just say this, since we are playing them now, but noticed for a bit here. I'm beginning to like Elvis Andrus. (not quite love level yet though) .400 OBP and already has 16 walks in 69 ABs (had 40 all of last season) Didn't think he would this good, this early on in his career. (though maybe in a year or two) Already one of the best defensive SS in the game. I will say this though, he will come back down to earth with his inflated BABIP, but the improved discipline is really encouraging.
-
PTC Thursday April 29th, 2010
Quentin.
-
What's wrong with Jake Peavy?
I'll try and say something positive here. He looked good from the 2nd inning to the 6th.
-
2010 AL Central Catch-All
Jim, I'm sure you are pissed that Span pretty much got screwed on that "dropped fly ball" by the same umpire that threw him out the previous game. Changed the whole game giving Detroit 4 outs. (don't mean to sound like Hawk, but it actually did)
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
What an upset.. I'm glad for Price too who I still like alot with his potential. That means the Habs have to trade him in the summer. Halak is a hell of a goaltender.
-
4/28 Games
QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 10:10 PM) Escobar's superior power/patience > Gilmore's inflated average. Ya not sure about your power argument. (Hell Gilmore has 5 XBH to Escobars 6 so it isn't night and day better here) But defensively, you would have a point. Both Gilmore and Short though have been very good. Both guys can go 0 for their next 20, and still be hitting over .300
-
If you're KW, who's on your BIG BOARD to replace Ozzie?
No to Cooper. He's much better suited as a pitching coach. My personal favorite.. Dave Martinez. If he's anything like Maddon, I'll be very happy. Thing is.. guys like Pierre, Kotsay, etc.. possibly AJ (though that's just me talking there as I never liked his offensive production even though he's a tremendous baseball I.Q.) have to go.
-
4/28 Games
OT: That kid Carlos Santana for the Indians org. will be fun to watch. He'll be promoted very soon.
-
Trib cracks open a new can of worms
QUOTE (docsox24 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:15 PM) I'm not. It has nothing to do with his bad starts. I just think his value was very high last year and he may have been looked at as a better pitcher than he really is. I still think he will be decent, just not a top of the rotation guy. His ceiling was never a top of the rotation guy and if anyone thought that, they were crazy to begin with. He's a good #3 at best. But with out rotation (if Peavy, Floyd get their head out of their ass soon hopefully, though Floyd was good his last outing, despite the boxscore showing, cause of Putz) he will be an outstanding #5. Still love him even after one bad start and one mediocre one. People don't even know if its possibly something physical. In either case, he's striking out more guys per IP than he did last year, which is a positive.
-
White Sox @ Rangers
QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 02:55 PM) Pierre LF, Vizquel 2B, Rios CF, Konerko DH, Teahen 3B, Quentin RF, Kotsay 1B, Pierzynski C, Ramirez SS. I'll be the first to give fathom props for calling the Vizquel to #2 hole yesterday. (he also had Kotsay in today, but batting 9th instead of 7th) Teahen 5th?!?! HALLELUJAH!! AJ 8th?! Ozzie must be reading my post recently.