Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 07:16 AM) Anyone else watch Ugly Americans? The show is fantastic. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 08:28 AM) Stop plugging your show. Oh that was outstanding. But yea I saw an episode of it.. Really funny show, and was pissed I'm not watching it more, though I've missed alot of South Park episodes since baseball season (and the Bulls recently) so ya... I'm actin up.
  2. SoxAce replied to StrangeSox's topic in SLaM
    Keep up the good work guys. Bad news on me personally, did not workout all of last week cause I lost motivation for some reason after hanging with friends and all the compliments and such. Then when I wanted to go back to it, I had a severe hamstring strain on both legs working on the back-yard and still have it now, but trying to fight through it. I gotta say I feel bloated. Feels like I gained 10 pounds since I've been cheating alot. Dunno if I have it in me to continue.
  3. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 01:10 PM) I'm saying that Oden would be a game changer right now if he didn't keep getting injured. He was turning into one hell of a player before he got hurt once again this season. Would he be better than Durant? Hell no but he certainly would be one hell of a valuable asset and would have Portland as one heck of a dangerous team in the playoffs. Agreed though he "could had been." It's sad when people are already writing off Blake Griffin after one season of not playing., You just can't do that yet. And yes, Wall is a stud. I still have Turner as my #1 personally as I think he becomes the better pro, but Wall has the higher upside if he pans out. When coaches like Roy Williams call you the best PG prospect he's ever seen since Kidd 20 years ago, you are no slouch.
  4. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 02:55 PM) No team with Scott Baker and Jon Rauch as their #1 starter and closer is going to run and hide from anyone. I still think when it's all said and done, Liriano will jump in tha 1 spot as the season goes. Blackburn/Baker is their solid 2. Their offense and bullpen should be good enough to keep them in alot of games. The Tigers are the team that surprised me the most so far.
  5. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 01:57 PM) Would have. SQWERT!!!!
  6. QUOTE (goblue5699 @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 01:45 PM) Pierre LF Beckham 2B Quentin DH Konerko 1B Jones RF Rios CF Ramirez SS Lucy C Nix 3B per the score Though I wanted Teahen to start again as he's got a hot bat this series. I don't think Ozzie likes walks though. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 01:47 PM) Yay. Jones with the start instead of Kotsay. I want to see this more often than not. There's a lefty on the mound. He would of started anyways.
  7. QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 01:38 AM) Nick Masset was always someone I wished the Sox had kept. I'd actually go as far as to say that I'd prefer Masset over Linebrink at this point. I'm sure you won't be alone in that regard. Younger, cheaper, better arm/stuff etc.. hard to argue though he does pitch in the NL now, so some of his stats are a bit deceiving. Still though...
  8. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 01:22 AM) C'mon, Ace. Ain't no human being on earth had Durant as one of the top 5 players in the game this time last year. Hell, he might not have been in the top 15. Well I meant top 5 in the game THIS year actually. He was more known as an up and comming superstar from last season, and some people did had him in their top 15 or top 20. There's no doubt now he's even higher on people's list.
  9. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 12:17 AM) Whatever. I mean, it's not exactly a prestigious award anyway. And nobody ever wants to win it more than once. Who won it last year? The year before that? Who won it in 2005? I'm sure most would have to look it up. If they decide to stick to the script and give it to a guy simply because he was a scrub the year before, then a guy like Bogut will probably get it (and Bogut is not that much better than he was two years ago). But Durant went from high scorer on a terrible team to superstar on a 50 win team in one year. That's what I call improvement. But like I said, MIP is about as meaningless as the Sporstmanship award. Now this is a post... I'm down with. Agreed 100%
  10. QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 01:02 AM) I think your nuts, I do think Durant is awesome but I dont see him contending for the MIP award at all. Yes he is nuts. Great poster though, my boy, though at times can look very bad in future threads. (don't get me started on the Beckham promotion to AAA thread. ) He does have a point though if you want to argue Durant went from a star to a superstar this year. Points and rebounds went up (more-so points) not to mention his + efficiency (in game, getting calls, PER, etc..) is off the charts (defense improved as well). Hes had an amazing year, but I still don't see how a guy who was well known for 3 years now, pretty much a top 5 player in the game (even with the small market, but quality nba people and fans know who he is) takes that award from Hill, Brooks, Noah, Bogut, Blatche, or Laundry. By his logic, I'd give it to Rajon Rondo personally.
  11. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 12:38 AM) Didn't he say "good" bullpen guys? Thank you. Glad I wasn't the only one who was like "WTF" with that post, though 2 or 3 on that list turned out to be serviceable.
  12. QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 11:02 PM) I wonder if other teams can make a similar list, often times BP guys are kind of fringe guys who flamed out or changed their style, and sometimes that takes a move to another org or two to pan out. Mariners. 1. Matt Thornton
  13. QUOTE (SockMe @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 11:08 PM) Sharks down 1 after 2 and Detroit is tied in the 3rd And Colorado wins the 1st game on the road.. They remind me of the Hawks last year, though not as talented. Very young team, that doesn't know any better and can surprise people. I hope they can somehow beat SJ though, more than likely they will play us after re-seeding and we match up very well vs. them. Sharks.. ah if they lose this series, they will still have that choker label to their name. Still very early though as alot of the top teams lost their 1st game. (Pit, NJ, SJ and I'll even add Detroit in here, even though Phx has the 4th seed) Speaking of Phx, nice win for them as well.
  14. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 11:43 PM) Kevin Durant has had the award locked up for the last, I don't know, 5 months? I said Most Improved Player (MIP), not Most Valuable Player (MVP), or in the running. (though I know where your getting at, but it's hard to win most improved when you were already known as a star in the league for a while, since you won the ROY award) Though from what I'm hearing, most people (or "experts") have Aaron Brooks or George Hill winning it, though I would personally give it to either Andrew Bogut (the injury might have cost him too), or Marc Gasol who is having an under the radar year. Speaking of MVP, though it's LeBron's to lose, I still don't know why Howard or Durant don't get more love/consideration for it.
  15. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 10:29 PM) That's the guy who used to pitch for Oakland, right? Dana? Yes. We'll see what Ozzie's lineup is with another LHP on the mound tomorrow.
  16. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 09:45 PM) The key isn't LeBron. They key is shutting down the other guys. Remember, I lived through the MJ era. No doubt he will get his. Your right though you can't let guys like Mo Williams, West, etc.. beat you.
  17. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 09:44 PM) Rose >>>>>>>> Mo Williams. Noah/Miller > Shaq/Varejao as you said. Hinrich > West in my opinion at least. I'll take Jamison and LeBron over Taj & Deng, but I think Jamison is slowing down a bit, since his scoring has dropped and his rebounding went down (not a lot). Jamison and James >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Deng and Taj.. In fact, Lebron by himself >>>>>>>>>> Deng/Taj I also like West more than Kirk honestly too as he fits their system better. I'm optimistic too about our guys, but if LeBron has a Detroit-like series, we will be out in 4. Rose (and Noah) can only do so much. It's up to Kirk and Deng (especially) to knock down shots for the Bulls to stand a chance.
  18. Damn shame Noah got that injury not to mention had little minutes and was dicked around on the bench when he came back. Probably cost him the Most Improved Player award.
  19. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 07:29 PM) From what I can tell he's the only player in big league history to put up an OPS of at least .890 and a batting average of .230 or lower over a 500+ PA season. The only other player to do it with at least 33 PA in a season was in fact Frank Thomas in 2005. So only 2 players have gotten at least 33 PA in a season and put up an OPS of at least .890 and a batting average of .230 or lower. So yeah, it's basically next to impossible. Only 7 players in the history of the game have put up an OPS of at least .800 with a batting average of .230 or lower over a 400+ PA season. The last one to do it was Adam Dunn in 2003 when he put up a .215/.354/.465/.819 line with 27 HR in 469 PA. The highest OPS of the other 6 was Gene Tenace in 1980 who put up a .222/.399/.424/.823 line with 92 BB in 416 PA, that's the 2nd most walks all time in a season with 420 or fewer PA; Ferris Fain walked 94 times in 358 PA in 1955 his line for the season: .260/.455/.326/.781 Wow... that is amazing.
  20. QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 03:33 PM) I agree. I've always liked Gorzelanny. He'll be a decent 5th starter. One of the few cats I like on the Cubs. He is a HUGE white sox fan. BTW, Randy Wells is seriously underrated as a pitcher.
  21. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 07:54 PM) Jeremy Reed... Yikes. Not what we expected. I was glad to come home late so see him out there.. I quickly jerked off.
  22. Nice to come back from dinner with the fam, and see the sox were up 7-0 in the 5th and then more runs continued. Looks like Danks was outstanding and T-Pain. Couple that with the Bulls clincher and it looks like a great day.
  23. QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 02:28 PM) I would actually have no problem sending down Beckham, I think we rushed him to begin with as a quick fix band-aid. Sarcasm at its finest.
  24. If there is one bright spot, our defense will be very good today. (Jones>Quentin, Kotsay>Konerko, Vizquel>Alexei though Vizquel might also be better with the bat at this point which isnt saying much)
  25. Most of us knew this 2 years ago.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.