Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 01:17 AM) Oh and Hedo Turkoglu went down with a facial injury tonight as well as the Raps went down to the Celtics. They're dropping like flies in Toronto. At least there's an excuse for the Bulls front office if they miss the playoffs or even make it if people question why VDN got (or will get) fired if the Bulls made the playoffs this year. Hard not to when Bosh is out for the season and Hedo could miss a couple games. If the Bulls lose another game, they would have to win the rest of their games to finish with at least a .500 record. Oh, and Chris Paul is also done for the season.
-
Worst Sports TV Show
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 01:18 AM) Sportscenter whenever Linda Kohn or Chris Berman is on hands down. You make me sick. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 01:19 AM) Can we all at least agree that Baseball Tonight is the BEST show on ESPN? I loooooooove me some Baseball Tonight. Yes it was...... about 4-5 years ago.
-
Soxtalk facebook page
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 02:02 AM) Names, Names, Names! The only one I remember is the guy who said he was a scout. Was that the same guy who scooped the Wilder investigations? I have been a member here since Dec 2007, but have only come back here this offseason. Shoot me a PM. I can tell you names that I know of, but some of the original admins here are probably a better bet in asking.
-
PTC Sunday April 11th, 2010
Assuming it's the "B lineup" Vizquel if he plays. If not.. Pierre
-
PTC Saturday April 10th, 2010
Teahen (if he doesn't play, A.J.)
-
PTC Friday April 9th, 2010
Rios (or Jones if he plays for Rios)
-
Winter/Spring 2009-10 TV thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 08:35 PM) Stop bringing Danny back for these Challenges! He is awful at everything but acts like he is great! Glad I'm not the only one who hates that guy. I was ecstatic when he got punched in the face on the real world not to mention his ego disgust me. I'll give him props though, he's banging one hot wife, not to mention he shizzled up. Didn't see the episode though, so I'll try and catch the next one.
-
Soxtalk facebook page
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 12:23 AM) I am just very surprised that Chris Rongey is on this site. I don't know of any media or sports figures or anyone who has a known name to ever be on a message board. Just surprised. I wonder if he ever mentions the site or anything we talk about specifically, haha. You haven't been on soxtalk very long I see. We've had players, minor leaguers (and their parent) and columnists (and there were rumors of a scout and maybe people in the front office) on this board, or at least lurking.
-
April 7th Game Thread vs Cleveland
QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 12:15 AM) As far as the offense goes, we at least hit some balls hard namely Beckham, Rios, and Paulie and we also had 7 walks as well.. Ya I was shocked of the discipline the sox showed tonight, though at times, Carmona was 3-0 or 3-1 anyways so they could afford to be patient. The average fan of course would say "man we suck we only got 2 hits" but the seven walks more or less impressed me. At this rate, Teahen might go back to his moneyball ways of discipline and Rios is walking a bit more at a higher clip, but of course it is still early. Peavy had nothing tonight, and still only gave up 3 runs. Makes me feel good to know when he's on.. he'll be untouchable. The only guys that will kill me will be Kotsay, R. Williams (though he's growning on me, and IF he's used properly i.e. same with Kotsay. Pena inherited his run tonight) and Pierre (besides the SB) and I don't think that will change even with 2 games. I'll save Linebrink till after the all star game. I'll say this though, with all the talk Ozzie was saying about stealing more bases, only Pierre has been doing it. I hope he doesn't get scared off with Teahen from his CS and remembers guys like Beckham, Quentin, etc.. can steal bases. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 10:26 PM) I blame Southsider2k5. Warrior started opening day, and we won. Capn should take the heat.. If he was around to start this thread (I.E. like 2005) we win this game. QUOTE (mreye @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 10:22 PM) When does the Greg Walker talk start? I'll think I'll go on hiatus to avoid it. And I've long said he doesn't deserve any amount of hate this season. Look at what he has to work with and already Rios is looking much better at the plate. I think Teahen will be solid too. (or at least I'm hoping)
-
Worst Sports TV Show
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 10:19 AM) I really like PTI as long as its Kornheiser and Wilbon. Ya when a guy like Lebetard or/and Bob Ryan are on (etc...), the show is really, really bad.
-
2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 04:30 PM) Kanny preview from the Independent Tribune Ya, as I said previously, I liked Wagner when he was drafted by us. Hopefully he can have a good season, as he could shoot up the prospect rankings especially with the sox weak depth in the middle infield (Beckham graduating)
-
2010 Cubs Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 10:38 PM) And I think it's safe to say that the Tommy John surgery didn't effect Billy Wagner's arm one bit. That fastball was exploding. And if his slider is workin' like that all year, 45-50 saves should be a foregone conclusion. He looked outstanding. No doubt it may be the biggest steal of the FA players signed by anyone. Can't believe that guy once threw right-handed before his arm got destroyed.
-
Films Thread
QUOTE (longshot7 @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 04:49 PM) You know, I've never seen any of his films, but he gets mad props from me for doing all of his stuff completely outside of the studio system. Content aside, he's a picture of how to build an independent empire. Kudos. It's a love/hate thing with him. Some people I know like his work, some hate it. Personally, I like some of his films, but his T.V. shows are horrible.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 08:49 PM) Bosh is out indefinitely too with a fractured face FWIW also. Ya that was a nasty elbow. I would think he would pull a Rip Hamilton with the face guard, but who knows. That only helps the Bulls. VDN cost the game with his horrid coaching down the stretch not to mention Kirk and Luol forgetting how to make a basket.
-
Worst Sports TV Show
The morning show you were looking for was Cold Pizza bmags. And yes, that was by far the worse (Skip Bayless is the biggest joke on ESPN). But since I don't get up THAT early anymore, I'll go with Around the Horn cause of Mariotti. PTI is damn good BTW. Only good thing ESPN has going for them.
-
Why Kotsay shouldn't Bat 5th
QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 04:06 PM) All the points in here are great. What else is great is that this thread never even gets started if he goes 2-3 with a BB yesterday. Not even really defending the guy, just sayin let's give it some time; we are the class of this division and it ain't even close. Ya.. I would give that some time too.
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 03:40 PM) The Jason Heyward phenomenon is officially out of control. Since the HR yesterday, he's been compared to Ken Griffey Jr. and Barry Bonds. He's the talk of every baseball site there is right now. Everybody is going nuts in trying to acquire him in fantasy leagues. Didn't Jay Bruce have an OPS of, like, 2.000 through his first week with the Reds? Calm down, people. You are right, but he is much more legit than Bruce was. Heyward's plate discipline is phenomenal for a kid his age. Add in his raw power even in Turner Field and good defense, and he'll be damn good all around. I love Bruce too, but in a couple years he won't touch young kids like Heyward and Upton and that's not a diss to Bruce who is a very good young hitter. I agree though that the extreme hype all of a sudden is not warranted for Heyward as he will never touch Griffey and Bonds (or Pujols) as hitters. He will struggle when the book is out on him, so we'll see how he adjusts.
-
2010 Cubs Thread
QUOTE (SteveB23 @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 01:51 PM) G-d forbid Z was ever on the White Sox! Meh.. I think Oz would set him straight. Plus he is a huge sox fan, so he could overachieve here. The problem with him is he makes too much damn money.
-
2010 Season Preview: Winston-Salem Dash
On paper (though the Knights aren't bad either depending if guys move up or not, of course same with W-S) W-S will probably be one of the best teams as far as in our affiliate IMO.
-
Why Kotsay shouldn't Bat 5th
I've been saying Rios should be 5th for months now. Nothings changed in that end. I still do prefer Kotsay to A.J. higher up though. A.J. ideally would be a 7-9 hitter.
-
PTC Thursday April 8th, 2010
Beckham
-
PTC Wednesday April 7th, 2010
Quentin
-
THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 12:06 AM) Sorry, I just can't buy that. I like UZR. It's the best defensive tool we currently have. But I refuse to believe this. Adam Jones can GO GET IT. I was as shocked as you were when I saw it. Then again.. I thought Jacoby Ellsbury was incredible in CF with all the balls he gets, his speed and the "highlight" plays he makes, but when you actually watch him more than once, you know he isn't nearly as good as portrayed.
-
Final Four
What an incredible game to watch. Man I wished Butler would have pulled that out.
-
THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!
QUOTE (BFirebird @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 11:57 PM) I dunno, Adam Jones makes it look effortless out there. Maybe Cameron in his prime, but he has to have lost a step by now. He was a stud in 2008, but was actually pretty bad last season, yet somehow won a gold glove out of it. Cameron is just really good, and like our own Andruw Jones said "People say I lost a step. I probably did, so what I'll just do is take one step back" since he plays a very shallow CF. Cameron has adjusted nicely himself these last two years.