Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
Benetti to Tigers
I grew up listening to Funk on AM1000 and only when late in his career and he switched to TV did I realize how awful Funk was at actually describing what he was seeing. One of my favorites of his was "And Scottie pokes in a three pointer". How the hell does one "poke" in a shot from 22 feet away?
-
Benetti to Tigers
Occam's razor to me at least suggests the Sox were unhappy with jason's nationa obligations and used that as a pretext to underpay him relative to what the Tigers will. Just seems like example one billion and two of the Sox being cheap on stuff they shouldn't be cheap on as it is important to the fan experience and really compared to other expenses is a drop in the bucket. I don't like Jason, but I'm in a minority on that and this move will no doubt lower the fan experience for many.
-
Benetti to Tigers
Or that after 4 years he still couldn't tell a no doubt HR off the bat.
-
Benetti to Tigers
Is Lee Elia still alive? Let's get him in the booth. Should be entertaining.
-
Benetti to Tigers
I just can't imagine a world where even if you liked Jason this is the thing that pushes you over the edge on your fandom. It's like your basement is flooded, there's a fire in the kitchen, and you're worried about the squeaky front door.
-
Benetti to Tigers
Sure, but listen to them over 140 games, with 80 of those games being losses. We'll see. Familiarity breeds contempt.
- Benetti to Tigers
-
Full ML Coaching Staff Announced
That's a coach that coaches the Major Leagues.
-
Full ML Coaching Staff Announced
- Full ML Coaching Staff Announced
Wow they finally s%*# canned Boston. We mean business!- Marcus Thames named Hitting Coach
This is a good hire, objectively. He's worked with clubs much more successful at hitting than Chicago and doesn't bring baggage with him off field or anything.- Current Mood
That's about where I'm at. There's nothing we do well, and we do a bunch of stuff at a bottom 1/3 level in the league. There's really nothing other than Colson that I'm excited about around the Sox.- Tim Anderson Free Agency Discussion
I agree he's gonna cut payroll back to bottom 1\2 while the lackeys in the front office sell the fans on a retool and hypothetical future spending when the team is "ready".- Tim Anderson Free Agency Discussion
The devil you know is often better than the one you don't. Those guys will be replaced with AAAA filler for the most part and or they do something utterly ridiculous like bring up Colson in May.- Tim Anderson Free Agency Discussion
I feel they are cutting payroll for the most part. The chances they replace TAs projected 1.5 WAR with someone better is slim. That said we are far from winning anything other than last place with or without TA.- Tim Anderson Free Agency Discussion
I really don't GAF. I'm glad he's gone. He had some awesome moments he also contributed to one of the most embarrassing and horrific seasons we've seen on the South Side. He'll probably have one more good year sandwiched in between a lot of 1 WAR years and injuries.- Five off-season questions...
- 2023 Division Series
I'm pretty sure MLB cares about the ratings, but the rest of your post I give respect to, as if you're gonna go contrarian at least make it well thought out.- 2023 Division Series
MLB is shitting bricks at the possibility of Dbacks eliminating the Dodgers and an all Texas ALCS. Personally I wouldn't watch a single minute of either series. Zero interest.- Andrew Vaughn and Eloy: what's the plan here?
If we're just gonna suck (not spend any money) I'd just give DH to Sheets. If we're "retooling" who knows. It does speak volumes that we don't really even have decent DH out of Vaughn, Sheets and Eloy. That's a lot of draft and prospect capital that didn't pan out.- Andrew Vaughn and Eloy: what's the plan here?
@Balta1701the money isn't mine, so I don't really care if 160 million, 170 million gets us a "retool" and a 82 win projection. I just don't want to sit through another 90+ loss season as a fan. I don't really have the stomach for a tank season, stealth or otherwise. We've had what, 4 of those in the last 7? That's enough.- Andrew Vaughn and Eloy: what's the plan here?
I don't hate that at all. If we're trying a "retool" your players in are about as good as we could hope.- Andrew Vaughn and Eloy: what's the plan here?
Change for change's sake is rarely smart but you make a good point here. Just turning over some of the roster might lead to a new better direction.- Andrew Vaughn and Eloy: what's the plan here?
Almost said 1.5, but I gave a full share to Clevinger as whatever my thoughts are on his off field s%*# he did have a solid year.- Andrew Vaughn and Eloy: what's the plan here?
I def like the idea of trading Eloy for a couple A ball lotto tickets pichers or a scrap heap type prospect that is coming off injury or poor performance. We are not in a contention window, we aren't magically adding 20 WAR in the offseason. We need to start finding the next 4 guys that are going to be part of a solid rotation. Right now we might have 2 average or better SP in the entire org. - Full ML Coaching Staff Announced