chitownsportsfan
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
I want a full house cleaning. There's no evidence Getz has any particular skill at what he does. The Sox finished dead last in overall org minor league performance by run differential. The coaches, scouts, and everybody else responsible need to be broomed.
-
After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
JR has always struck me as colorblind when it comes to failure. KW, Jerry Manuel, Wilder as good examples. When it comes to mediocrity and failure, JR favors no particular race.
-
After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
I don't care how successful you are, at 87 your mind has slowed considerably and moreover your thought process is extremely rigid. Old dogs really can't learn new tricks. Maybe at 67, but 87? No way. He is what he is. I really do believe he thinks that the guys he has on hand like Getz might be the solution.
-
After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
What, the Sox over the last decade aren't obscene enough of a view for you?
-
After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
Seattle sports talk radio is clowning the Sox right now. Clowning them.
-
After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP
I like to hope these are just trial balloons being floated to see the reaction from the fans and baseball people JR knows. But that's just hope. JR's history suggests he very much thinks these are the moves to get the Sox on the "right" path.
-
KW/Hahn - They Gone
Sodfather for GM.
-
KW/Hahn - They Gone
I hear this guy is tanned, rested and ready:
-
KW/Hahn - They Gone
Loyalty is the lowest of the virtues.
-
KW/Hahn - They Gone
I think JR meddles too.
-
KW/Hahn - They Gone
If they give the gig to Getz this is 2 steps forward, 2 steps back. If I was in charge I'd make some phone calls to Theo, Dombrowski and others and ask them what the price to come to Chicago is. If it's too high, I'd pick their brains for who they think under them is ready for a promotion. I'd then give that person carte blanche to rework the entire org, from the guy watering the field to the baseball operations department.
-
Reinsdorf considers moving White Sox out of Guaranteed Rate Field or selling team
My reaction to this news was similar, and it surprised me a bit. I really don't care if they leave Chicago. I'd be sad for the people in Chicago but as someone that is firmly in middle age and is 2k miles away? That has plenty of other teams to root for that don't actively engage in fan murdering decisions? I don't care.
-
Sox conducting internal interviews to see if dramatic changes are needed
- "Sell the Team Jerry" Game August 24th
You guys are cute.- TA suspension reduced to 5 games, begins Friday
I say this with all due respect: who gives a s%*#?- 8/15/23 - White Sox over Cubs 5-3, you can put it on the board, YES!!!
A cubs fan and his son walk into a bathroom following a man in a sox hat and his son. The Sox dad and his son do their business and as they are walking out the cubs dad says "what, they don't teach hand washing over on the south side"? Without missing a beat the Sox dad responds "no, we teach our sons not to piss all over their hands when using the bathroom".- Middleton’s Wife Said The White Sox Kicked His Kids Out Of Daycare
Why the f*** would he feel entitled to day care from a team he no longer plays for? GTFO.- Burger To Marlins
this are run values and FG adjusts them for position scarcity. I forget what metric they use to measure defense, but you can read -.4.1 as basically -.4 fWAR as quick and dirty 10 runs saved or produced is 1 WAR. Jake is a pretty decent 3B so if he's playing more there I can see him putting up a run neutral (after adjusting for position) season if he plays there while healthy. Jake is a useful player, maybe not a "good regular" but he's at least a solid regular, which is why the Sox got back some talent for him.- $75M = One of the worst White Sox LF Seasons
One of the problems with the "50 cents" approach is that you can only play 9 guys at once on the field. If you've got a real 4-5 WAR player you acquire in FA that can paper over some .5 WAR scrub playing 2B or RF. But when you sign average players (at best) and still pay the "winner's curse" premium you don't get that advantage and in order to field a good team you can't have .5 WAR scrubs elsewhere -- as the payroll piles up. There's a few clubs that are successful signing mid tier FAs but those clubs also have cheap young players coming up to give average production at the other positions. That's not the Sox, clearly.- $75M = One of the worst White Sox LF Seasons
5 dimes don’t add to a dollar. Someone inform the White Sox.- 8/13 Games
Boy the White Sox sure do give us fans a lot to talk about come mid August!- 8/13 White Sox vs Brewers, 1:10 PM CT
These guys stink.- White Sox to produce documentary for hip-hop's 50th anniversary
It's a good look.- Betts calls out White Sox for not defending Tim Anderson after KO punch, D Backs have team meeting about protocols for similar situations
You can't play baseball like you play football that's for sure. To the extent "sparks" happen you at least need the kindling. As you noted, this team doesn't have enough good players to spark anything. Usually it would piss me off to have so many people taking shots at the Sox but right now I'm enjoying it. Give this sad sack org all the crap it deserves.- Betts calls out White Sox for not defending Tim Anderson after KO punch, D Backs have team meeting about protocols for similar situations
win more games. - "Sell the Team Jerry" Game August 24th