Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
White Sox’ trade-deadline decisions will depend on ability to compete in playoffs, not just for AL Central crown
As I posted the other day: Burger and Robert have combined for 3.5 fWAR, the rest of the team -.5 fWAR. We have a bottom 1/2 farm system, our best piece is currently just coming back from a significant oblique injury and we also have several bad contracts on the MLB books after giving premature extensions. There's no there there! We're boned.
-
Ohtani
Don't think you can overstate this. They have the money, they have the west coast access to Japan. I'd say they are like 3-1 favorites against the rest of MLB to sign him.
-
Ohtani
There's a million reasons he won't sign here, including the losing, but let's just keep it simple: our owner is too cheap.
-
6/21/2023: Texas Rangers @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM CDT: TV NBCSCH & Radio WMVP AM 1000
You know you're getting old when you forget what sort of player a guy like Andrus was in his prime. He was pretty electric.
-
White Sox’ trade-deadline decisions will depend on ability to compete in playoffs, not just for AL Central crown
No doubt, just cycle through some guys see if you can find any winners.
-
Sox claim Touki Toussaint
I'll just call him Taint. As in he's now tainted with the stink of the White Sox org.
-
And that's an I Can't Help Falling In Love With You Elvis Andrus White Sox Winner.
I'll bring the sauce, you bring (and buy!) the scallops @wegner
-
And that's an I Can't Help Falling In Love With You Elvis Andrus White Sox Winner.
Every time I see this dude's name all I can think of is seafood with a mustard seed mayo based sauce.
-
And that's an I Can't Help Falling In Love With You Elvis Andrus White Sox Winner.
- Sox v Rangers Game Thread
we can't even tank properly.- Sox v Rangers Game Thread
What he's done is nice, but like most of our guys, he's a very flawed hitter.- Sox v Rangers Game Thread
f*** BUMMER. I can't fucking stand him. Another stupid Hahn signing.- Now injured: Crochet
Keith Law was right on him, FML.- White Sox’ trade-deadline decisions will depend on ability to compete in playoffs, not just for AL Central crown
Fangraphs has the Twins projected for 82-80. I highly doubt they outplay that by 6 games. I would bet that the winner of the center is closer to 80 wins than 90.- Fire Rick Hahn
Burger and Robert have combined for 3.6 fWAR. Burger has 1, and Robert has 2.6. The rest of the lineup has combined for -.5. fWAR. There's no there there anymore. The true talent of the roster is around 70 wins. Furthermore, the extensions to Moncada and Eloy now seem premature and will hinder any trades. The Sox are in a really bad spot, much worse than they were prior to the rebuild. This is a bottom five MLB roster, a bottom 1/3 Farm, and several players are on contracts bigger than their performance warrants.- Fire Rick Hahn
The 2006 August collapse really sucked. On paper that team was better than the 05 team.- White Sox’ trade-deadline decisions will depend on ability to compete in playoffs, not just for AL Central crown
WTF is he talking about? The club is on pace for 70 wins, does he live in reality? The only thing they are competing for is a top 5 draft pick.- Will AV even be better than…
I tend to agree, but at least Jake understand the modern hitting game. We have a lot of guys that are just never going to be successful given their batted ball profile, Jake stands out in that group as a guy that at least has the foundation for success.- Will AV even be better than…
Good point. It was a bit of a lazy comp to say the least. Snow was a pretty highly touted prospect that failed to hit much more than average at 1B, but beyond that the similarities with Vaughn aren't really there. Vaughn for his part looks like a guy that won't hit the median case outlook at the plate or in the field, not great.- José Rodriguez promoted to big leagues
only this franchise could DFA alberto too soon.- 6/19 Sox vs. Rangers 7:10PM CT
Andrus: 194 .270 .247- 6/19 Sox vs. Rangers 7:10PM CT
These guys are collectively the most depressing Sox team since before I can remember. At least the 2016 team or whatever had a nice April before collapsing and the rebuild years at least had fun prospects to follow. Prolly some mid aughts seasons I have forgotten about but jeeze.- Will AV even be better than…
the wrong handed this guy: https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/snowj.01.shtml- Sox vs. Seamen, Sunday version
We score like 3-4 runs a game on average. You're never going to pitch well enough to win like that.- Sox vs. Seamen, Sunday version
Eloy and Robert don't put the time in necessary to succeed for 162 games. They just go off their natural talent. In Robert's case he even admitted it, but you see the same with Eloy. - Sox v Rangers Game Thread