Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. Good. Keep clown ass Jason as far away from this as possible. Dude was practically crying after we swept the Tigers.
  2. especially at that band box. which now plays into our hands more. we are winning this series. we have the better team.
  3. Non intentional intentional walk works but in general agree, they don't have the murderer's row they used to, he's the one guy that scares me. They have some other competent hitters, but not with that sort of game changing power.
  4. Just blue check Sox accounts. The algo is straight garbage to be fair. You like one tweet and suddenly your entire feed is that account or topic. It's maddening. I actually have stopped liking or retweeing certain things just because I don't want my entire feed to be flooded.
  5. Sox twitter is the worst. People are really trying to argue that John losing his job is some sad sack moment? GMAFB. In most universes that don't have an owner like JR, John is still doing slam ball and random Big East basketball games. He was over promoted. Oh well.
  6. With the 40 man as it is it seems like they are just going to roll with him and hope he's just the mop up. I'd imagine Fedde and Kay will be used out of the pen if they don't start. Martin I don't know, he's probably closer to Richards' role than getting any starts. I think your starters are Burke and Fedde as crazy as that sounds. 3rd game would maybe be Kay or you try a bullpen day, which I wouldn't be opposed to in principle.
  7. There are guys out there. I suggested Aaron Goldsmith from the Marines broadcasts. He came up through the minors and radio and is now solid on TV PBP. He can keep it light but also knows ball having put in so much time.
  8. I hate the new format. I like the 2nd WC but I think it should be a 5 game series. I get what @77 Hitmen is saying but I also think there are ways to make it work. Nobody wants in season doubleheaders tho.
  9. Anybody want to project the playoff roster? I don't believe Pham is eligible everybody else no in IL is, I believe. 13 pitcher max. OF: Doyle, Peters, Beni, Grichuk, Montgomery IF: Acuna, Vargas, Meidroth, Mune, Colson, Ant C: Teel, Rogers P: Taylor, Hagen, Burke, Kay, Fedde, Hicks, Sandlin, Newcomb, Martin, Hudson, Noah, Brazoban, Richards
  10. Gross. I'm not going to hate on John anymore I've said my share on him. But Conner is even worse. John had his problems but excitement wasn't one of them. It would be cool if they poached Aaron Goldsmith from the Mariners but I doubt they spend any money on it. Conner is probably cheap.
  11. 84 wins is a helluva accomplishment. I figured 84 would have a 4/5 chance at Divison a month ago and 85 would 100% have done it. Give the Tribe credit they took advantage of some breaks and got to 85. Glad some guys could be rested today and we knew last night instead of going for it today and not getting it. I give us a 60/40 chance to win the Astros series. They are not a good team and we've played better baseball the last three weeks.
  12. sounds like weather might help the tribe, of course it would.
  13. come the f*** on hold a fucking serve.
  14. who gives a s%*#? he's at 2.8 fWAR. That's .2 fWAR less than Julio Rodriguez this year. Being a dependable everyday good MLB SS matters, so does 30+ HR. Who fucking cares that 2026 Adam Dunn is not a bad 1B or DH but a good everyday MLB SS? That is all the differences. 20 teams would kill to have a "problem" like Colson as a pre arb 25 year old SS.
  15. When you play a very good MLB SS you can deal with a 90 wRC+ hitter, even one that looks as odd at SS as Colson. Certainly as a 25 year old.
  16. oh snap we're facing Q tmr!
  17. we're winning out we just need them to take ONE FUCKING GAME.
  18. 113 mph, what a play in RF

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.