Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
7/17, Sox @ Blue Jays, 11:15 PM Azores Summer Time
Thank god.
-
7/17, Sox @ Blue Jays, 11:15 PM Azores Summer Time
Man Kay is a hard watch.
-
7/17, Sox @ Blue Jays, 11:15 PM Azores Summer Time
Zero HR at home? Wow.
-
7/17, Sox @ Blue Jays, 11:15 PM Azores Summer Time
Kirk coming to bat:
-
7/17, Sox @ Blue Jays, 11:15 PM Azores Summer Time
Wow, I did not think that was hit that well. SAM
-
7/17, Sox @ Blue Jays, 11:15 PM Azores Summer Time
We will take that.
-
7/17, Sox @ Blue Jays, 11:15 PM Azores Summer Time
God I can't stand 1B that are lazy getting off the bag. Thanks Vladdy.
-
7/17, Sox @ Blue Jays, 11:15 PM Azores Summer Time
why is graham platner on the mound for Toronto?
-
7/17, Sox @ Blue Jays, 11:15 PM Azores Summer Time
it wasn't even close. it was both low and outside.
-
7/17, Sox @ Blue Jays, 11:15 PM Azores Summer Time
jesus christ just go to full ABS. I'm so tired.
-
7/17, Sox @ Blue Jays, 11:15 PM Azores Summer Time
has the game started?
-
7/17, Sox @ Blue Jays, 11:15 PM Azores Summer Time
take it up with lance johnson and hawk then. goodness.
-
Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox
Hahn was always alluding to some sort of "process" that imo likely involved both JR and KW meddling in decisions the GM should be making with input from below, not above. That said, I said it over and over: if Hahn didn't like his working environment he was free to resign at any time. But he liked those JR checks.
-
7/17, Sox @ Blue Jays, 11:15 PM Azores Summer Time
If he's talking Schriffdog ain't, so that's a win in my book.
-
Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox
The body transformation is mostly responsible, agree. He worked hard and it paid off. It was interesting seeing the Sox talking about their projected weigh gain for Roch and how it would affect his performance. Not everybody can put on muscle and remain great at a skill based sport, so trying to at least model it a bit is important.
-
7/17, Sox @ Blue Jays, 11:15 PM Azores Summer Time
90% of what I watch is sports. The remaining 10% is torrented. I'm not a big TV or Film guy, not really my thing. Rather play some OOTP or Football Manager to kill a few hours.
-
7/17, Sox @ Blue Jays, 11:15 PM Azores Summer Time
Helpful info but not a chance in hell I'm signing up for another streaming service to watch Ted Lasso and a couple WS games. I'll be watching via other means. No pause or DVR like MLB.tv but free and with zero chance I forget to cancel a sub next month. Go Sox. Interesting the way they decided to order the SP. I'd have come out guns blazing with Burke, but so far most things they've done have turned out well, we'll see how Kay does tonight.
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
He's a solid 26th man. He'd be an awful regular in CF or at SS. On good teams guys can slot into roles, thankfully we have one this year.
- 2026 Old Sock Drawer
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
Nobody wants the clubhouse cancer Soto and the 600 or so million left on his deal. One of the greatest hitters of his generation, but a bum in the field and a clubhouse downer unlike Manny and Miggy and Papi, the other 150+ wrc+ type bat only types to come before him. If you're that good of player, being a s%*# leader is a huge drawback, as the org will play favorites and mets fans complain about it. Mets are one of the worst run FOs in pro sports, honestly the White Sox might be better given the resources available the last 30 years.
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
I was a big Wes Kath guy as well. Seemed like a great pick at the time. HS guys are just wild cards. I get why the greedy MLB owners want to limit them in the draft, but eff off.
-
Will Venable's Managing
Damn you lose a bet with the wifey or something, Sox over .500 at the ASB you gotta give up a 20 year schtick?
-
7/17, Sox @ Blue Jays, 11:15 PM Azores Summer Time
It's really nice. I went like 25 years ago tho, not sure how it's aged but sounds like it's held up. One thing is it doesn't feel like a dome, not quite as advanced as the roof at T-Mobile, but similar. We're on Apple TV tmr, dad gumit.
-
Official 2026 MLB Draft Thread - Picks & Discussion
We better get at least one regular plus a star in roch from this draft. It's being praised everywhere, but it's a fickle sport.
-
White sox culture
About 17 years ago I was on a Spirit flight with SAS before he was really famous. Hence him taking a budget flight with my 20 something ass out of NYC. He was most known for the "cheese doodle" incident at the NBA draft at that point. He was headed to Detroit from NYC to interview for a radio gig there. We were stuck on the tarmac at DTW for like an hour before we hit the gate, that mofo never shut up the entire time he was on the phone with his agent, some relatives, female and male, and lord only knows who else. What you see on TV is def what you get IRL, for better and worse. Dude has the gift of gab. He ended up getting back on the air in NYC, the rest is history. I had a MP3 recorder on me at the time and recorded a lot of his ranting, sadly I lost it in a HD failure years ago.