Everything posted by Balta1701
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 10, 2009 -> 03:00 PM) I disagree completely. Joe Johnson is on a completely different level than Ben Gordon Without knowing intelligently how to evaluate differences in this stat, I'll note that Gordon has a higher PER than Johnson.
-
Reverse Alphabetical Conversation Thread
QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Dec 10, 2009 -> 02:48 PM) ^^^^ Wow...have we really sunk this low in alphabetical threads? Very close to a high point, I'd say.
-
Terrible Christmas Gift Ideas
QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Dec 10, 2009 -> 02:58 PM) Countdown clock to the Day of your Death. I just remembered I gave that last year.
-
Reverse Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Zut isn't an English word either but that won't stop some of us from using it.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
That anonymous quote certainly sounds like it's from a player who wants him gone.
-
Reverse Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Every geologic map you'll ever find only exists because of Whiskey.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 10, 2009 -> 12:36 PM) After the complete failure of VDN, it would be hard not to. Even if they have to pay off the next 1.5 years of the VDN contract (Which admittedly is only like 0.75 years worth of a good coach)
-
Reverse Alphabetical Conversation Thread
QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 10, 2009 -> 12:34 PM) Just waking up and finding yourself in Tennessee has led to this? Hell, the last page of this thread did that for me.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 10, 2009 -> 12:32 PM) I think the Bulls throw a lot at Van Gundy/Doug Collins and see if one comes. Really? You think the Bulls will throw a lot of money at a coach?
-
Reverse Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Kill me.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 10, 2009 -> 06:24 AM) Ben Gordon averaged 21 pts. 3.5 reb and 3.5 assists a game for the Bulls last year and he's in his prime. He may be an upgrade over Gordon, but its not huge, and certainly won't make the Bulls Eastern Conference contenders. Depends on how the remaining guys develop. You hold onto TT, Rose keeps playing like he has the last few games, Noah keeps developing, you hire a new coach, and Deng remains at the 17/8 level he's at right now, plus you keep guys like Gibson, Johnson on the bench, and maybe have a decent draft pick this year and you're back to having a deep team with some inside/outside balance led by what should be a dominant point guard. That Bulls team can contend if Rose keeps looking like he has the last couple.
-
Yanks, Tigers, Dbacks Agree to Trade
QUOTE (Sox72 @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 04:14 PM) I know it's stretching the comparison, but this means that Jason Marquis for Nelson Cruz would be a blockbuster. I don't really see it. I get the point you're trying to make, though. I was more looking for some good reasons why Granderson was perceived as such a dominant player (in my opinion). A few good statements have been thrown out there, but I'm still kind of confused as to why everyone seems to be so freaking high on him right now. I guess it could also be just a matter of him being in the news right now and the highest profile player to be moved so far. I'd say that his 2007 season, of 38 doubles, 23 triples, 23 HR, and 26/27 on steals is a great, great season, and a dominant season. But...his numbers have marched downwards the last 2 seasons (much like Rios but perhaps looking more like a trend line than a blip, at least to my eyes)
-
Hideki Matsui
I'd like to point out from your own stats there that both last year and over the past 3 years, Matsui had a higher OPS than JD. You just argued that Matsui would be an upgrade, in addition to being a lefty.
-
Winter Meetings?
QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 09:59 AM) I don't know. Most baseball fans there right now are fairly casual. 798,382 333,336 478,403 334,563 480,129 390,131 Guess the cities by population. Does that count teh metropolitan areas though?
-
Coco Crisp Wants to Come to Chicago
QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 03:46 PM) So, we'd have Rios, Crisp, Matsui, and Quentin battling for 3 spots? Did we sign a DH while I was gone? And since when is matsui going to be able to play the field again?
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 8, 2009 -> 05:28 PM) I doubt that, since they had Obama speak there before and Kelly's Irish Catholic. The Obama thing really exploded that issue on catholics though.
-
Reverse Alphabetical Conversation Thread
You bastards
-
Sox agree to 3yr/$14M Deal w/ Teahen
WTF? Well, Walker, you better turn this guy into something more than what the Royals got.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 02:22 PM) I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bulls go with Doug Collins actually. He turned down the first chance to coach Rose, why would he want it now that he's got 2 years of VDN screwups to correct?
-
Randy Wolf Signs with the Brew Crew
Randy Wolf, Jeff Suppan. Jeff Suppan, Randy Wolf.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Time to close the thread.
- The Democrat Thread
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
The Minnesota Vikings are the fastest team in the NFL.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 5, 2009 -> 10:37 PM) What a way to show Chris Bosh that we completely suck. Geez if they are gonna show this type of crap to these coveted FA, other than the whole large market, big city ordeal (though the friggin Knicks can say the same crap with that horrid team) than we would be in terrible shape. BTW.. Noah can taken over as the team leader in every way. The good news is...the bulls could also have a really nice draft pick next year too.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
Am I seeing this right, the bulls are down 32 to the Raptors?