Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Dayan Viciedo banged the Walk Fairy?
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 13, 2013 -> 11:46 AM) poor, poor Dayan
-
Dayan Viciedo banged the Walk Fairy?
we need pictures of said Walk Fairy
-
American Beer Classic @ Soldier Field
No idea Russ, but we have already made our plans for next year. It was a great time
-
Desperate times call for...three bold moves
QUOTE (Lillian @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:02 AM) There are still players who seem to be able to perform in their mid 30's, without PEDs. Is it really unreasonable to expect a guy to hit when he's 32, 33, 34 and 35? Baseball players are in much better condition than they used to be. Maybe that's part of Dunn's problem. He seems to be the exception to the rule when it comes to a conditioning program. From everything I read, Dunn does nothing in the off season, and is not an advocate of weight training or aerobics. As it is, Ethier is allergic to lefthanded pitching. Is it reasonable to assume that he will never figure it out and his contract will be a deadweight merely because he is basically a platoon player? Methinks so.
-
The myth of the "super team" meets reality
LOL. it isnt "Lack of Pitching!", but rather "Torii Hunters leadership that got us nothing the previous 3 years!"
-
AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!
QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 13, 2013 -> 02:46 AM) Sale will be 27, in his prime and locked up contractually by the magical '16. Why would anyone advocate giving up a known for one or more unknowns? It never fails to puzzle me. In fact, it was when Kenny traded Hudson for EJax that I had the same feeling. It just made no sense. 100 percent joke
-
Desperate times call for...three bold moves
Lol at ARod being feasible
-
AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!
Trade sale while his value is at its highest now. Look towards 2016
-
Arias/Cleveland kidnap cases
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 11, 2013 -> 10:05 AM) what is arias? http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2152919 http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Travis_Alexander
-
Tyler Flowers
QUOTE (Brian @ May 12, 2013 -> 09:16 AM) I'm not one to say "I told you all so", but.... I obviously want Tyler to succeed, but just didn't see the point of letting AJ go after a career year. The "It was time" reasoning by some made no sense. You say this as AJ is currently sitting on the DL and has been hurt for most of this short season. Tyler sure hasnt proved himself, but even if we kept AJ it looks like we would be looking at Tyler anyway
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
I never thought I would see Thibs complain about the refs like that. He must really be pissed
-
American Beer Classic @ Soldier Field
QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ May 11, 2013 -> 02:31 PM) I hadnt even heard of this, and Im upset at myself for it. It was awesome, I am quite toasted on the train to Elgin right now
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
I said before the series started, the bulls won't win but this is not the team that the Heat wanted to see. That hasn't changed
-
2012-2013 Official NHL thread
I remember when the Hawks were about 18 deep into their season opening streak and ESPN wrote an article that the Mighty Blues would be the team that would end up dethroning them in the playoffs Whoops
-
American Beer Classic @ Soldier Field
I'm on the train headed there right now, pretty stoked about it. Can't beat a good Beerfest!
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 10, 2013 -> 03:32 PM) This referee is bad are deng, hinrich or rose playing?
-
2013 Films Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 10, 2013 -> 09:56 AM) That looks pretty intense. This is actually one of my recurring nightmares. I have had it on and off since I was a teenager, woke up screaming a few times. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 10, 2013 -> 10:04 AM) That looks ridiculous. And not in a good way. An hour and a half of random intense HANG ON OH MY GOD WOOOO WE HELD ON. Rinse repeat. Forget that. I think Cuaron is better than that
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
i hope we get good refs tonite
-
Which of the remaining May "tentpole" movies do you most wan
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 10, 2013 -> 01:34 PM) Im confused. The first fast and furious movie was not Tokyo Drift. The original had Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Michelle Rodriquez Id pick Star Trek, not really a fan of the old stuff but the reboot was good. Yea I dont know what he is talking about either. Tokyo Drift is actually the 3rd film in the series. It isnt really all amazing that the film series came this far, the first film was a huge success, and ever since they reunited the original cast starting with the 4th movie(Fast and Furious) the film series once again became a big hit.
-
Books that made an impact. Or, books that you couldnt quite finish
I forgot about Lord of the Flies. I read the Jack London books voluntarily, never as part of a curriculum. I also really enjoyed Where the Red Fern Grows and the "Big Red" books about the kid with the Irish setters Anything that was "a boy and his dog" i read
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 10, 2013 -> 09:40 AM) and Tim Duncan thats because Tim Duncan laughs at him
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 10, 2013 -> 09:16 AM) Joey Crawford is officiating tonight game, just in case Bulls fans though their was a chance in this one. yay for dancing technicals and imaginary fouls
-
2013 MLB Catch-All thread
QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 10, 2013 -> 07:38 AM) What is with the umpires this year? There's no excuse for letting that happen. Angel Garcia is a notorious douchebag. I think baseball would rather live with the mistake than make their umpires look bad and reverse the call and do it over. Although the umpires clearly already look bad
-
Books that made an impact. Or, books that you couldnt quite finish
QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 9, 2013 -> 11:34 PM) Any relation to the story of the West Memphis Three? No, God vs Satan, Angels vs Devils. Paradise lost (1,2, and 3) is an intense and sad documentary
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (Knuckles @ May 9, 2013 -> 10:54 PM) Would you have a link for the first two? I'm sorry, Wilbon said the story of him coming back has legs, he didnt write it (yet) This is what Doyel wrote http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/2222436...hat-he-sits-out Accompanied by this tweet: @GreggDoyelCBS: When Derrick Rose plays tomorrow night, understand something: I did that, with this: http://t.co/ODfnjIiqvg