Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. [nobodycares] I am actually optimistic about Barry Hinson taking over SIU after thinking about it for a while. He had a couple seasons at MSU where he was screwed out of a tournament with some pretty good teams RPI-wise(21 and 37 I believe), and just happened to be sitting behind SIU and Creighton on the tourney waiting list. He has already talked to the returning class of players and none are leaving, and it seems he has also convinced Antonio "Bobo" Drummond to honor his LOI, which for SIU is a pretty big deal. Looks like the only one leaving is the JUCO recruit Travis Wilkens, which isnt really terrible. [/nobodycares]
  2. QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 08:32 AM) No matter the topic, I always have to look up something from your posts because I have no idea what it is. Today it's that word, yesterday it was Fuzzy Zoeller. LMAO, I read it and thought to myself "time to go to websters online"
  3. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 01:23 PM) Didn't like it originally, don't like it even more now. All turnovers will now be reviewed, just like all TD's are reviewed. This saves Lovie Smith 2 challenges/timeouts a game. I like it better now that it is during the regular season and the playoffs. Two different ways was just stupid
  4. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 12:05 PM) Worse than Borat, Minnie Driver and Sigourney Weaver? Nicole Kidman? They've all been in movies where their fake Russian left a lot to be desired. Heartbreakers? Come on, that was intentional
  5. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 11:25 AM) Another RB signed? Matt Forte is not gonna be happy... slap in the face to Gore....
  6. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 10:14 AM) Read exactly what I wrote down to the letter. NSS is obviously suffering the after effects of a recently applied Vulcan neck pinch
  7. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 10:45 AM) David Stern endorses relaxing the goaltending rule to allow the ball to be touched while above the rim but not touching it. It doesnt matter how relaxed the rule is, the Refs will f*** this one up.
  8. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 27, 2012 -> 02:14 PM) Shameless just gets better and better. That was quite the emotional lead in to the season finale. And just think, we were jazzed about Rossum getting nekked all the time, and that has been pretty much nonexistant, lol. That show has me sucked in, each character has such unique depth. They all love and hate Frank and Monica so much..... Lip is by far my favorite character
  9. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 08:36 AM) MLB Trade Rumors ‏ @mlbtraderumors Twins Release Joel Zumaya the least surprising news of this season. Sign Zumaya, throw pitch, blow out elbow, release zumaya, lose money. I was honestly surprised the Twins of all teams gave him a shot
  10. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 09:17 AM) Yeah, in my mind the only question is which sport would do it first. if i had to put my money on it, I would say Hockey - Basketball - NFL/MLB(cant decide which would go first)
  11. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 09:13 AM) That would be awful. It is inevitable. These guys look for every way to squeeze pennies out of the teams. Get ready for the Euroleague soccer-type jerseys
  12. I like what you wrote, but did you just call Tim Kurkjian "adorable"?
  13. UofI gets Groce, and SIU gets Hinson. Yay, everyone happy
  14. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 27, 2012 -> 08:56 AM) Yea, I watched it Sunday at my parents house. My dad is a HUGE Muppets fan (especially the Swedish chef). I agree on all of your points. It was very well done. My favorite line from the movie was when Amy Adams (oh do I love her) looks at the camera and says "this is going to be a short movie" Did you watch the blooper reel? No, I got it on Direct tv PPV, and I didnt wait through the credits(dammit). But I did enjoy the cast singing "Meh Nah Meh Nah"
  15. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 26, 2012 -> 04:20 PM) Korver is the only player to play every game for Thibs. when did Carlos sit? i honestly cannot remember
  16. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 26, 2012 -> 09:17 AM) They don't give players a "Long window" but they definitely give them "Lots of chances". He'll get at least this full season plus probably a couple more signings after this year to try and get back to being a decent WR option. k
  17. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    I rented the Muppets yesterday, I was very pleased, lots of breaking the 4th wall, tons of cameos, pretty much every muppet you can recall as a kid, lots of musical numbers. Very good job by Segal
  18. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 26, 2012 -> 08:18 AM) I know it's going to take time, but the doctors have appeared impressively confident about that through this whole thing. The NFL doesnt give players a very long window. If Knox returns and he doesnt have the speed that seperated him from other average height WRs, then he is just another guy.
  19. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    Re:Shameless I dont think the baby has downs, I think that was the initial reaction until Lip said it was asian. The end of that episode was intense, Frank really showed his true colors. Hilarious that "Steve" no longer exists and he is now Jimmy
  20. Knox returning to merely walking again is a small miracle. People counting on him on the field are fooling themselves. He was bent like a pretzel
  21. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 09:51 AM) Okay, it's all too confusing for me, with Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis, Brangelina, common law marriages, etc. I guess, in the end, that's the point of the movie...that you don't have to be married to someone to have a great relationship, that throwing the label of marriage or conforming to societal expectations ruins the romantic part and just gives you responsibility and bills and arguments and too much of reality. Yeah, their relationship is the inspiration for the movie, and Adam Scott's relationship with his wife and kids is the inspiration for some of the side characters in the movie. And as for the "conformation and societal expectations" excuse that a lot of the stars throw out there, I call bulls*** on some of it. It gives a lot of them a convenient out of the relationship when they find someone else attractive and they can use the old "we just don't see eye to eye anymore" excuse without having to lawyer up to save their bank accounts. Depp and Paradis broke up, btw
  22. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 09:00 AM) Forgot how hot Megan Fox was until I started watching FRIENDS WITH KIDS. Very entertaining, if a bit "talky" movie. Interesting premise, two best friends decide to have a kid but not do it the traditional way, sharing custody. Great cast, Jennifer Westfeldt (Kissing Jessica Stein), her real-life husband Jon Hamm, Maya Rudolph, Kristen Wiig and her b/f from Bridesmaids (the Irish dude), Edward Burns, Adam Scott (no, not the golfer, the actor). Really like this one, not quite sure how to describe it...it's a romantic comedy, but it tends to be a bit more serious and deep than most of those. Westpheldt and Hamm aren't married, they are "life partners"
  23. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 08:36 AM) Have you seen X-Men: First Class? I think she makes Rebecca Romijn look like crap in comparison. I thought Romjin looked amazing as her normal mutated self, and Lawrence looked odd(especially her hair, it looked like a helmet). As a normal person, Lawrence is pretty hot, but even then its hard for me to say Romjin looked like crap.
  24. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 04:50 PM) You realize you aren't actually replying to that guy, right? You need to get on a website called Twitter for that. The internets is strangeness
  25. Tebow-ists should form their own sect of christianity and name it the Teboro Baptist Church

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.